j.j. is offline Associate Member

Need Help With Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright-
    1. I go so heavy on squats, calves, and hack squats that after that I am so spent that it is hard to motivate myself to work on my hammies. Need some advice as whether or not to split them up?
    2. I was trying to add biceps in on my back workout, but it seems everytime I do this I don't get a good workout. Should I just keep working bis/tris by themselves or not? And just keep working back and shoulders by themselves? Caught in a dilemma-

peace and happy lifting

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Save the calves for last. Even though you're spent, make yourself do some stiff-legged dead lifts & then extensions

You could set aside a day and superset your bi's / tri's. My workouts vary, but stick mainly to this :

legs, shoulders, back, chest, bi's/tri's, with a day off in between (and not in that particular order either)

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, I always try to change things up but when I do my body just doesn't act right. Although my workouts are intense, when I try to change they seem not to be.

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    when i do back and bis...by the time i get to bis they seem to be all shot up...and i dont get as good as a pump as i normally can....as u know when working back u are working bis at the same time...if u must do back and bis..then here is what u can do...after ur back routine do a quick bi routine..i read this in a mag...:::use a cable curl...ez-bar is good...
    wide grip 8 reps
    med grip 8 reps
    close grip 8 reps

then wait 30-40 seconds and do this again...then wait 30-40 sec and do it again ...ull do three complete sets...of 3 exercises...u get a great pump...and its quick...but dont use heavy weight...its more of a strict routine...i do it once and a while and i get a great pump...good luck

skid is offline Banned

Re: Need Help With Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by j.j.
    1. I go so heavy on squats, calves, and hack squats that after that I am so spent that it is hard to motivate myself to work on my hammies. Need some advice as whether or not to split them up?
    hams are my LEAST favorite part of leg day, so I split up my leg routine so I don't have to do them all at once:

Hack Squats
    Straight-Leg Deadlifts
    Standing Calf Raises
    Machine Squats
    Leg Curls
    Leg Extensions
    Seated Calf Raises
    Glute Machine

but that's just me ...

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    You can get a no fail leg day with this training
    squat 4-6 reps 4 sets
    leg extension 6-8reps 4 sets
    stiff leggeddeads 6 reps 4 sets
    leg curls 6-8 reps 4 sets

Look at my legs. Train them hard and forgot about comfort. If you want to be impressive i guess its for a reason, because your efforts are as well. After the workout is done, it will seem so easy. Thats the mindset you have to have with you.
    good luck

Thread Information