$niper$layer is offline New Member

To Take Protein....Or not???

ok, as school starts up again once again i'm going to be working out everyday, but now i wonder if i should continue Taking Protiein After Work outs, or just stop. Before school ended for the last 3 months i had been working out and taking protein basicly after every workout, but i wonder Should i continue to take it after workouts or not? what are your guys views on this? because i want to kinda, because i expericance bigger gains then i had before, but now i'm gonna Concentrate on losing my Gut also, so that means lots of Crunches etc. What do u guys think would be right? i'm currently 200lb's, 6'2, 16" arms but most of my Weight is my Stomach.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    If you hit the weights, after the workout consume
    Around high GI 70g simple carb (dextrose, maltodextrin etc)
    Whey protein

If youre just doing cardio, take a protein shake with flax or olive oil an hour later

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Big Dan has some good advice for you here with the 70mg dextrose shake post workout. Drop the olive oil and stick with flax and an omega 6 at 1 to 1 ratio.

k, i dont know basicly anything about (dextrose, maltodextrin etc), 70mg dextrose shake Could somone Explain? i usually just take like Prolab Whey Protein, what is this other stuff??? and Flax oil etC? could somone plz explain a little more, sorry i dont know much.

babi is offline Associate Member
    order from online companies complex carb or dextrose its really cheap 10 dollars for 11 lbs,when you make your shake take the scoope that u use for protein fill it up three times and there you have a shake that has protein and carbs.i am not going to explain to you everything about carbs but use the search button and you will find a lot of info about them
    ps;dont take flax oil with your shake after workout as it will slow down the process of protein delivery in the tissue.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Working out everyday??? Might be in your best interest to tone it down a bit and go like 4-5 times a week.

streamline is offline New Member
    Crunches = stronger abs.
    Fat burning = Visible abs.
    TO burn fat you can use a fat burner along with doing cardio 3-4 times per week but you need to have a good diet that consists of:
    High protein
    Moderate - Low carbs
    Low fats

Think a bout it like this, one meal could have:
    15 grams of protein (chicken breast, turkey, steak, protein shake, etc.
    8 grams of carbs (pasta, weat bread, cereal, corn, etc...)
    4 grams of fat.

YOur morning meals should be bigger than the meals you eat at night. Your first meal should have atleast 20 grams of protein in it, you eat 1.5 times your body weight in protein. Lean protein is best to keep the fat LOW.

ok, thanks for all the info, one more thing, would it be a good idea to put the Flax Seed Oil in my Protein Shake at night since then it would like Digest over night instead of quickly?

yes flax oil is a good idea slayer.... makes it digest much slower so that your body is recieving nutrients all night long

Thread Information