footballcat is offline Associate Member

Why are my legs far ahead of my upper body

Ok i have a problem. My legs are so far ahead of my upper body. I just cant get my chest to get developed. I dont know what to do, i change work outs alot, i do my lats and hit my tris hard. Does anyone have any ideas to help my upper body up. Right now i cant lift legs for 3 months so i hope that helps. I hope everyone understands what i mean.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, consider yourself somewhat lucky in that most people are plagued by the opposite problem (little consolation, I know). You say you hit tris hard and are particularly dissapointed with your chest development right now. You might be killing your tris at the expense of the basic pressing movements for chest (see thread, "updated workout" for a bit of back and forth talk on this)...that might be a problem. Also, to offer any specific training advice from my experience, i'd need (as i assume others would as well) a decent summary of your training to date...exercises, frequency, free weights vs. machines, etc, etc. Without that info i could just as easily tell you you're undertraining as i could tell you you're overtraining (or undereating and recovering as many would contend)

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I know this doesn't really help you but at least you don't look like and uppside down pear

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Maybe you are doing your uper body TO hard?

Post your workout it would be eaiser for us to help.

well before i got hurt i was pretty much doing BFS for football.

But now since i cant really do legs, i have to do just upper body.

So tomorrow is speed day.
    10x2 45sec rest tris Jms and push downs. T
    incline 3x4
    flys 3x8

Then other bench day
    170x10, 180x8, 190x6, 200x4
    skulls 3x10, close grip 3x10, push outs 3x5 15 sec rest

I have 5 years under my belt of lifting, im 6'3". 230lbs, 11%bf

ttt

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i am having the same 2 even i do squat and bensh at 315 lbs
    maybe coz we r both ectomorph i am 6.2" 220lbs
    ectomorphs have a ripped chest and long legs

Ironweb is offline Member
    You may want to rest longer between sets. If you have short to no rest between sets your workouts can become more cardio. Meaning your body will resort more to muscle tissue for energy than fat. Making it harder to put on mass.

Do not forget about the priority principle. If you are not familiar with the priority principle it simply means to work the weakest body part first. The thought behind it is if you work your weak points first you will not cheat at the end and not hit it as hard. Sometimes we do less at the end of a workout because we are tired.

I always do chest first. I put almost 40lbs on in 7 months, and my chest didnt get much bigger. I dont know what else to do

Do your warm up on bench and go as heavy as you can for 4-6 reps. Take 2-3 minute rest between heavy sets. The way to make the chest grow, and this is by Shawn Ray himself, is to go heavy.

Originally posted by Ironweb
    Do your warm up on bench and go as heavy as you can for 4-6 reps. Take 2-3 minute rest between heavy sets. The way to make the chest grow, and this is by Shawn Ray himself, is to go heavy.
    How many sets should i do? or is should i just go heavy from the start

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    dude go heavy for size, i do 15 reps warm up, then 3 sets w/ 4-6 reps, then 15 reps til failure
    peace

Generally I go 2 sets heavy when I am trying to put on size. Work up to your heavy sets. Warm up and then do 10 rep 8 rep and 2 sets 4-6 heavy and move on to your next exercise and do the same.

ok ill try this

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I have/had the same problem you got bro. Then one day, I was thinking what exercise makes MY chest have the best pump (the reason I emphasize MY is because you gotta find what works for you). Anyways, once I figured that out, I did 16 sets of just bench press. Sounds messed? Well, it is. But why 16? Because my standard was 4 sets of 4 different exercises (4X4=16). Anyways, because I got such a good pump and it was chronic concentration, my chest grew and my bench went up 40 lbs within 4 weeks. The setbacks however are kinda messed. With doing the bench press for 16 sets, my shoulder-joints were in some serious pain the first 2 weeks I did it and my body quickly adjusted to the same routine of doing 1 exercise for 16 sets. You can't live off of it, but it'll help with size IMO...

Peace and good luck

Thread Information