Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by moush
    do you think i should workout empty stomach?
    Absolutey not! You cannot gain muscle while training in a fasted state.

Cardio on an empty stomach works well during the "anabolic prime" but that's the only time.

Also, never do cardio on an empty stomach during the 2 week "anabolic cruise" unless it's direrctly following a workout. I think you may need 3 days of cardio during the 2 week cruise but let's see where your bodyfat levels are following the 4 week "anabolic blast" before making that call.

moush is offline Senior Member
    ok so i got the preworkout meal then...

ill be doing cardio PWO during the anabolic prime...if thats ok???

No cardio during the anabolic blast - for now atleast right?

i will do cardio PWO during the cruise as well...if thats ok?

as far as the diet does it look good...i mean thats what im really concerned about. I would like to get that straightened out first cus it seems my diet plays such a huge role in my bf%...

btw i can not wait to get this whole program going i have a feeling its gonna be insane!

time to go to work..ill be logged on checking the thread out/working on my diet around noon or so...

Blog Entries

Wink

ok so i got the preworkout meal then...

ill be doing cardio PWO during the anabolic prime...if thats ok???

No cardio during the anabolic blast - for now atleast right?

i will do cardio PWO during the cruise as well...if thats ok?

as far as the diet does it look good...i mean thats what im really concerned about. I would like to get that straightened out first cus it seems my diet plays such a huge role in my bf%...

btw i can not wait to get this whole program going i have a feeling its gonna be insane!
    1) Yes to cardio post workout during "anabolic prime" to increase insulin sensitivity.

2) You must never do cardio during an "anabolic blast" or it will actually decrease insulin sensitivity.

3) You can do 3 days of cardio during the "anaboilc cruise" if needed to increase insulin sensitivity but it must be done for no more than 3 days per week or gains can suffer. Cardio must never be performed on leg and back day during anabolic cruise or over-training can occur.

Gotta run back to the gym but will get to your diet ASP..
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-06-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink

CALS FAT CARBS PRO
    Preworkout -
    Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20
    NO-Explod 36 0 9 0

Postworkout
    CellMass 38 0 10 0
    Waxy Maize 60 grams
    Whey/Casein Mix 305 4 9 60
    Smart Balance PB (1.5 Tblspn) 300 26 9 11

Meal 3
    1/3 C Oatmeal 100 2 18 3
    8 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    1 Egg Yolk 61 5 0 3
    2.4 oz Ground Turkey 157 9 0 18

Meal 4
    2 Cups Normandy Veggie Mix 15 0 4 1
    5.25 oz Flank Steak or Filet Mignon 308 15 0 40
    27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7
    Meal 5

27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 6
    Smart Balance PB 300 26 9 11
    Whey/Casein Mix 244 3 8 48

Hows that look?
    First, I need to know approximately what time of the day each of the 6 meals are being consumed and when does your training begin and end. The numbers do not have to be exact but give me a ballpark figure.

ok...I wake up at 4:15ish...get to the gym by 5-5:15 (I was lifting about an hour or so and then doing 1 hour of cardio) but since thats gonna change im not sure when I would finish (im usually done by 7:30-8 am...get to my car take down Waxy Maize, Bcaa, glutamine, Cell Mass mix get home in about 10 min make my Whey shake with Peanut Butter...then 30-45 min later i ate PPWO meal, then I eat every 2.5 hours after that. So Meal 4 would be around 11, Meal 5 around 1:30, Meal 6 at 4, and Meal 7 at 6:30 and Meal 8 (pre-bed) at 9...but you told me to keep it to 6 meals a day (including preworkout im assuming.) In that case it would probably be preworkout at 4:30-4:45am, PWO at 8-8:30, Meal 3 at 11, Meal 4 at 1:30, Meal 5 at 4, Meal 6 at 6:30?? I go to bed around 9-9:30.

What do i do for the weekends since ill be up longer and waking up a little later?? Also do i do cardio during the weekends at any point during this??

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a good read.

Seems so complicated though. Like all these small details.

Well if I eat good like a monster and lift even harder... then I will grow.

So many of these programs and styles, I dont know what to believe and what is real. If I wanted to try all of them, I would run out of life!

It seems complicated but it's all so simple... EAT + LIFT = GROW

RIGHT ? or WRONG ?

So if I follow this as it says.. I will see some AMAZING rezults then ?!

If so... I will go for it...
    Last edited by UberSteroids; 10-04-2007 at 05:48 PM.

So for fatso like me, is it better to drop the weight down before starting this program ?

I am 6`3 242lbs with easy 16%BF.

Hmm, I read it again.

Too much information to catch on the first time.

It does make a lot of sense.

Blog Entries
    Moush, thanks for your patience. My firewall has been malfunctioning. I've got to run to the gym for now but here's something for you to work with. Remember, more protein ans cholesterol should be consumed during meal 2 and meal 5 when spkiing insulin .

CALS FAT CARBS PRO

Preworkout - 4:30 am
    Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20

Meal 2 Postworkout- Take creatine, whey protein and any other supplements. (first amino acid/insulin/cholesterol spiked meal)- 8:00 amCellMass 38 0 10 0
    Waxy Maize 60 grams (reduce waixy maize to 30 grams and replace with more slow burning carbs from oatmeal to be consumed a few minutes later)
    Whey/Casein Mix 305 4 9 60 ( Go with straight whey protein here for faster absorption)

Extension of meal 2- Between 8:10 and 8:30 am
    1/3 C Oatmeal 100 2 18 3 (add 30 carb calories here)8 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    1 Egg Yolk 61 5 0 3 (increase egg yolks by 2 using ***** 3 enriched eggs to make up for the "peanut butter" I removed in 8 am meal)
    A small amount of skim milk is optional in this meal. It can be add it to the oats along with some splenda to ehance flavor.

Meal 3 at 12:00 pm

5.25 oz Flank Steak or Filet Mignon 308 15 0 40 (replace red meat with something like tuna and starkist canned salmon to eliminate red meat/saturated fats.27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 4 at 4:00 pm-(second amino acid/insulin/cholesterol spiked meal)
    Take more creatine, more whey protein and any other supplements on an empty stomach 10-30 minutes before this meal.
    2 Cups Normandy Veggie Mix 15 0 4 1 (add small baked potato or some waxy maize to spike insulin)5.25 oz Flank Steak or Filet Mignon 308 15 0 40
    27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 5 at 8 pm
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-06-2007 at 08:06 AM.

thats the diet I posted...??

for the expansion of Meal 2...do you want me to take a total of 3 ***** enriched egg yolks?? and 8 whites? also for the oatmeal you said take 30 carb calories so does that mean 30 more grams of carbs??
    Last edited by moush; 10-06-2007 at 09:06 AM.

and for the skim milk a small amount like 1/2 c ok?? also for the second spike how much whey should I use?? 60 grams of protein?
    Last edited by moush; 10-06-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    thats the diet I posted...??
    Heres the one I went by:

Originally Posted by moush
    CALS FAT CARBS PRO
    Preworkout -
    Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20
    NO-Explod 36 0 9 0

Postworkout
    CellMass 38 0 10 0
    Waxy Maize 60 grams
    Whey/Casein Mix 305 4 9 60
    Smart Balance PB (1.5 Tblspn) 300 26 9 11

Meal 3
    1/3 C Oatmeal 100 2 18 3
    8 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    1 Egg Yolk 61 5 0 3

Meal 4
    27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7
    Meal 5

27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 6

Hows that look?

Blog Entries
    for the expansion of Meal 2...do you want me to take a total of 3 ***** enriched egg yolks?? and 8 whites? also for the oatmeal you said take 30 carb calories so does that mean 30 more grams of carbs??
    1) Simply replace 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites. Do not add more overall eggs.

2) It means to decrease waxy maize from 60 carbs down to 30 ( 30 carb gram reduction) and replace those with 30 carb grams of oatmeal a few minutes later. This provides you with more low GI carbs since you are an endomorph.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids
    This is a good read.

Seems so complicated though. Like all these small details.

Well if I eat good like a monster and lift even harder... then I will grow.

So many of these programs and styles, I dont know what to believe and what is real. If I wanted to try all of them, I would run out of life!

It seems complicated but it's all so simple... EAT + LIFT = GROW

RIGHT ? or WRONG ?

So if I follow this as it says.. I will see some AMAZING rezults then ?!

If so... I will go for it...
    Thanks UberSteroids,

You do not need to try different routines and diets once you get on a program that incoporates the proper diet and periodization. All you need is consistency!

There's more too the total picture than EAT + LIFT = GROW. If it were that simple then some of the strongest men on earth (power-lifters) would not have to use proper periodization in their training to get stronger, but guess what? They do!!!! Bodybuilders are no different than power-lifters in this sense!!!!

The Slingshot Training System will not turn you into the next Tricky Jackson unless you have his genetics. What the STS will do is allow you to reach your "absolute" full-genetic potential as a bodybuilder by consistently following the 3 needed phases (PRIME/BLAST/CRUISE).

Not complicated at all-

Summary of Slingshot Training System:

Training

Choose 2 key exercises for each major muscle group. Then use both of those exercises in the same training session once a week. If your best chest movement is 15 degree declines, simply start out with that exercise and do the lowest rep-set during the second work set. Next, finish off your chest with a secondary exercise (for i.e.; 15 degree incline flyes). Since it's considered a secondary movement, do the lowest rep-set during the final work set. You're hitting each bodypart once a week. The volume changes during each of the 3 training phases but the split remains the same through the entire 8 week training phase. Perform as many warm-up sets as you need before going into your work sets. That can be anywhere from no warm up sets for a muscle group that is getting warmed up indirectly or up to 3 warm-up sets for a cold muscle group or areas that are prone to injury.

Day 1 would be Monday and would consist of:

Chest
    Calves

Day 2 would be Tuesday and would consist of:

Lat Width
    Lat Thickness

A**ominal (optional)

Day 3 would be Wednesday and would consist of:

Shoulders
    Traps

Day 4 would be Thursday and would consist of:

Biceps
    Triceps
    Brachialis/Forearms

Day 5 would be Friday and would consist of:

Quads
    Hams

(weekends off)

Day 8 would be the following Monday (week 2) and would be the same workout as done on day one (Monday of first week)

And the cycle continues on- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, weekends off, etc.

1) Weeks 1 and 2 (anabolic prime) use low volume (2 sets per body part once a week). Add aerobics if needed to increase insulin sensitivity.

2) Weeks 3, 4, 5 and 6 (anabolic blast) use high volume (10 sets per body part once a week) No aerobics allowed under any circumstances.

3) Weeks 7 and 8 (anabolic cruise) use moderate volume (6 set per body part once a week) No aerobics unless needed to improve insulin sensitivity.

4) Weeks 3-8 (blast and cruise) make up the 6 week mass phase.

Blog Entries

Continued summary of STS

Summary of Slingshot Training System: Diet/Supplements

Anabolic Prime:

Weeks 1 and 2 decrease saturated fats derived from protein such as red meat, decrease higher glycemic carb intake, decrease carb calories intake if needed in addition to aerobics and aim to lose about 2-3 pounds during this 2 week training phase if you need to lose bodyfat to improve insulin resistance. If you are still relatively lean by the end of the mass phase simply keep calories high enough to maintain your current body weight while decreasing your intake of saturated fats and hi GI carbs. Don't be surprised to find your lifts going up during the first week of this 2 week phase after dropping all fast acting anabolics. This is called the rebound effect! You will disregard the 2 anabolic meals in this phase-hydro whey should be taken in conjunction with a meal containing healthy fats and protein from food sources not 10-30 minutes prior. No fast acting anabolic supplements allowed. These fast acting supplements can range from creatine all the way to Trenbolone . Keep protein intake around 1.25 grams per pound of body weight. Avoid insulin spiked meals to the best of your ability. A few saturated fats and hi GI carbs are okay but do your best to avoid them as much as possible. If hi GI carbs must be consumed you can mix them with some form of low GI carbs to reduce the total glycemic impact of the meal. And any low GI carb meal eaten prior will also have a carry over effect in reducing the GI.

Daily 6 meal diet plan for anabolic prime on training days:

Meal 1: (breakfast) - Large in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Do not take supplements before breakfast. Consume more carb grams than fat grams.

Meal 2: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 3: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 4: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 5: (Post workout and/or dinner)-Large in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Do not take any anabolic supplements or fast acting liquid carbs. Consume more carb grams than fat grams.

Meal 6: Small in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs (for i.e.; hydro whey in water and some ***** 3 enhanced peanut butter). Consume more fat grams than carb grams before going to bed.

Anabolic Blast and Anabolic Cruise:

Weeks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (6 week Mass Phase-"Blast" and "Cruise" combined). Increase calories to put on muscular weight, add fast acting anabolic supplements such as creatine, or Trenbolone, to the base anabolic or anabolics. Keep protein intake at around 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight whether you are natural or drug enhanced. Eat more saturated fats, hi GI carbs and protein for breakfast and post workout to spike insulin/amino acids. Create a second insulin/amino acid spike during the evening on non training days. Take anabolic supplements like creatine/ leucine and hydro whey protein with a small amount of hi GI carb like Waxy Maize 10-30minutes before the post workout meal to enhance hyperinsulinemia. No hi GI liquid carbs are be needed with supplements during pre-breakfast or pre-dinner. Drop protein intake as much as possible during the first 3 days of entering the blasting phase and replace it with slow burning carbs and healthy fats.

Daily 6 meal diet plan for anabolic blast and anabolic cruise:

Meal 1: (breakfast)-large in size. Use hydro whey and any other over-the-counter anabolic agents 10-30 minutes prior to the whole meal (breakfast). Spike insulin/cholesterol/amino acid by combining the anabolic mix and the whole meal to be consumed 10-30 minutes after the anabolic mix. This meal should contain some saturated fats derived from protein sources such as whole eggs and some hi GI carbs like milk to promote hyperinsulinemia/hyperaminoacidemia. The faster your metabolism is the more saturated fats and hi GI carbs you can consume. But, do not go over-board for health reasons. If hi GI carbs are consumed during the 3-4 normal meals you can mix them with some form of low GI carbs to reduce the total glycemic impact of the meal. And any low GI carb meal eaten prior will also have a carry over effect in reducing the GI. Consume more carb grams than fat grams. Ingest more protein during this period by combining breakfast with hydro whey shake.

Meal 2: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 3: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 4: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 5: (post workout)-large in size and use hydro whey, fast acting liquid carbs and any other over-the-counter anabolic supplements 10?30 minutes prior to this meal. Avoid liquid carbs combined with hydro whey and/or other anabolic supplements on non-training days. This meal should contain some saturated fats derived from protein sources and some hi GI carb to promote hyperinsulinemia/hyperaminoacidemia (add according to your metabolism). Consume more carb grams than fat grams. Ingest more protein during this period by combining a hydro whey shake 10-30 minutes prior to the normal meal.

Meal 6: Small in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs (for i.e.; hydro whey in water and some ***** 3 enhanced peanut butter). Consume more fat grams than carb grams before going to bed.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-08-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Continued summary of STS

Sample of an 8 week anabolic steroid cycle used by "chemically enhanced bodybuilder's" that follow the "Slingshot Training System".

"Anabolic Prime" Weeks 1-2

Base-(Testosterone Enanthate / 800 mgs and EQ/ 600 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle groups (2 sets)

Calories needed (Below maintenance)

"Anabolic Blast" Weeks 3-6

Base-(Testosterone Enanthate / 800 mgs and EQ/ 600 mgs/wk)

Fast acting-(Trenbolone Acetate/ 225 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle group (10 sets)

Calories needed (Above maintenance)

"Anabolic Cruise" Weeks 7-8

Base-(Testosterone Enanthate/ 800 mgs and EQ/ 600 mgs/wk)

Fast acting-(Trenbolone Acetate/ 225 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle group (6 sets)

Sample of 8 week anabolic supplement cycles used by "natural bodybuilder's" utilizing the Slingshot Training System.

"Anabolic Prime" Weeks 1-2

Base-(Hydro whey/Healthy fats).

Work sets for major muscle groups (2 sets)

Calories needed (Below maintenance)

"Anabolic Blast" Weeks 3-6

Fast acting-(Creatine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Leucine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Hydro whey should be taken in 2 daily dosages of 30-50 grams prior to anabolic meals).

Work sets for major muscle group (10 sets)

"Anabolic Cruise" Weeks 7-8

Fast acting-Fast acting-(Creatine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Leucine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Hydro whey should be taken in 2 daily dosages of 30-50 grams prior to anabolic meals).

Work sets for major muscle group (6 sets)

Blog Entries

Wink

So for fatso like me, is it better to drop the weight down before starting this program ?

I am 6`3 242lbs with easy 16%BF.
    You could drop around 3-4 pounds during the 2 week "anabolic prime".
    During the following 6 week mass phase increase calories less if needed. Your basically working your way up the muscular ladder at a pace that suits your body type and current conditioning.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I read it again.

Too much information to catch on the first time.

It does make a lot of sense.
    It's a lot to take in at first but it's actually very simple to follow. And yes it makes a lot of sense because it WORKS!!!

Blog Entries

Wink

ok...I wake up at 4:15ish...get to the gym by 5-5:15 (I was lifting about an hour or so and then doing 1 hour of cardio) but since thats gonna change im not sure when I would finish (im usually done by 7:30-8 am...get to my car take down Waxy Maize, Bcaa, glutamine, Cell Mass mix get home in about 10 min make my Whey shake with Peanut Butter...then 30-45 min later i ate PPWO meal, then I eat every 2.5 hours after that. So Meal 4 would be around 11, Meal 5 around 1:30, Meal 6 at 4, and Meal 7 at 6:30 and Meal 8 (pre-bed) at 9...but you told me to keep it to 6 meals a day (including preworkout im assuming.) In that case it would probably be preworkout at 4:30-4:45am, PWO at 8-8:30, Meal 3 at 11, Meal 4 at 1:30, Meal 5 at 4, Meal 6 at 6:30?? I go to bed around 9-9:30.

What do i do for the weekends since ill be up longer and waking up a little later?? Also do i do cardio during the weekends at any point during this??

Take supplements-creatine/whey/glutamine/etc with 30 grams of wazy maize 10-30 minutes before breakfast. Breakfast should look like post workout meal (eggs, oatmeal,etc). Consume your second insulin spiked meal during meal 4 (use supplements 10-30 minutes prior just like breakfast) and ingest a total of 5 meals for that day.

It's okay to go as high as 100 grams per meal during insulin spikes but I have found too much causes stomach upset. 75 grams is a good number to shoot for in the 2 anabolic meals.

does the diet change once you go into anabolic blast and cruise??

Blog Entries

Question

does the diet change once you go into anabolic blast and cruise??
    The diet I posted for you is for the anabolic blast and cruise (6 week mass phase). For the 2 week prime you could use the same diet with the exception of supplements and as many hi GI carbs and saturated fats. What works for your somatotype during the 6 week mass phase would not work for someone with a fast metabolism. The would need more hi GI carbs and saturated fats.

You do not take whey protein on an empty stomach (10-30 prior to the 2 anabolic meals) during the prime. There are no anabolic meals during a prime and waxy maize should be avoided post workout and replaced with a low GI carb like oats.

Understand?

alright so during the prime...use absolutely no supplements..no BCAA, no Leucine, creatine, glutamine right?? only during the blast and cruise correct?

for meal 4 how many total carbs do you want me to take in? a small baked potato is like 30 g of carbs that ok? or if i wanted a banana (27g carbs) or 1/2 c oats (27 g carbs)??

Blog Entries

Question

alright so during the prime...use absolutely no supplements..no BCAA, no Leucine, creatine, glutamine right?? only during the blast and cruise correct?

for meal 4 how many total carbs do you want me to take in? a small baked potato is like 30 g of carbs that ok? or if i wanted a banana (27g carbs) or 1/2 c oats (27 g carbs)??

[QUOTE=moush]alright so during the prime...use absolutely no supplements..no BCAA, no Leucine, creatine, glutamine right?? only during the blast and cruise correct?

Correct! Also, do not use a Post workout shake 10-30 minutes prior to the post workout during the prime. It's all one meal when you get home void of slow burning carbs and saturated fats for the most part.

Are you making reference to the prime or mass phase?
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-07-2007 at 01:43 PM.

for both phases

i just realized something...by not taking in the whey shakes for the spike meals...im down to 5 meals a day for the prime is this correct??

Blog Entries
    for both phases

I would stick to sweet potatoes during the prime and then you can switch over to regular potatoes during the mass phase

You should stick with the two "***** 3" egg yolks in addition to egg whites for healthy fats during the prime. These type of eggs have very little saturated fat. Just about any fruit including bananas is okay during a prime because fruit is low GI. Oatmeal is perfect as well for PWO meals during the prime.

Blog Entries
    i just realized something...by not taking in the whey shakes for the spike meals...im down to 5 meals a day for the prime is this correct??
    You were only doing 5 with the whey shakes and 5 meals if fine for now.

Thanks a lot for that summary.

I am doing it.

If you'd like to take a look from time to time I post my LOG in Uber's Journal.

I am pretty excited about this and I feel this WILL work. My diet is up and running.

Take care Boss.

heres what i mean by 5 total meals for the prime....is this correct?

CALS FAT CARBS PRO

NO SUPPLEMENTS DURING 2 WEEK PRIME PHASE!!!

Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20

Postworkout- Between 8:00 and 8:30 am
    75 grams Oatmeal 100 2 18 3
    6 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    2 Whole Eggs 61 5 0 3
    A small amount of skim milk is optional in this meal. It can be add it to the oats along with some splenda to enhance flavor.

4.6 oz Chicken or 5.2 oz tuna
    27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 4 at 4:00 pm
    1 baked potato, or 1 banana, or ½ c oatmeal
    27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 5 at 8 pm

ON WEEKENDS: Take supplements-creatine/whey (30 grams)/glutamine with 30 grams of waxy maize 10-30 minutes before breakfast. Breakfast should look like post workout meal (eggs, oatmeal). Consume your second insulin spiked meal during meal 4 (use supplements 10-30 prior) and ingest a total of 5 meals for that day.

heres the blast and cruise diet...let me know how this is as well

CALS FAT CARBS PRO

Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20

Meal 2 Postworkout- Take creatine, whey protein and any other supplements. (first amino acid/insulin/cholesterol spiked meal)- 8:00 am
    CellMass 38 0 10 0
    Waxy Maize 30 grams
    Whey 305 4 9 60

Extension of meal 2- Between 8:10 and 8:30 am
    6 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    2 Whole Eggs 61 5 0 3
    A small amount of skim milk is optional in this meal. It can be add it to the oats along with some splenda to ehance flavor.

27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 4 at 4:00 pm-(second amino acid/insulin/cholesterol spiked meal)
    Take more waxy maize (30 grams), creatine, 30 more grams whey protein and any other supplements on an empty stomach 10-30 minutes before this meal
    27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 5 at 8 pm

ON WEEKENDS: Take supplements-creatine/whey/glutamine with 30 grams of waxy maize 10-30 minutes before breakfast. Breakfast should look like post workout meal (eggs, oatmeal). Consume your second insulin spiked meal during meal 4 (use supplements 10-30 prior) and ingest a total of 5 meals for that day.

Blog Entries

Wink

[QUOTE=moush]heres what i mean by 5 total meals for the prime....is this correct?

CALS FAT CARBS PRO

NO SUPPLEMENTS DURING 2 WEEK PRIME PHASE!!!

Apple 125 1 32 0
    Whey 102 1 3 20

Postworkout- Between 8:00 and 8:30 am
    6 Egg Whites 131 0 3 28
    2 Whole Eggs 61 5 0 3

27 ALmonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 4 at 4:00 pm
    1 baked potato, or 1 banana, or ½ c oatmeal
    27 Almonds 187 16 6 7

Meal 5 at 8 pm

Okay I deleted the milk post workout and red meat from meal 4 since this is making reference to the priming phase. You can add those back in the mass phase. You will need to make a substitution for the red meat in meal 4.

I would like to decrease daily protein just a bit so it will be closer to 1.25 grams per pound of body weight. Too much protein basically turns to carbs when in a calorie surplus. It's only during ketosis (dieting down) that extra protein won't pose a problem. Remember, protein and carbs produce an insulin repsonse but dietary fats do not!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-08-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Question

Thanks a lot for that summary.

I am doing it.

If you'd like to take a look from time to time I post my LOG in Uber's Journal.

I am pretty excited about this and I feel this WILL work. My diet is up and running.

Take care Boss.
    Good deal. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Can you provide a link in this thread so we can visit your journal?

what do you suggest to substitute for meal 4?? can i have chicken or tuna again like in meal 3??

you want me to still drop total protein for priming phase? im at 230-240 grams per day during the prime phase...if you want 1.25 grams/lb that would put me at 244 grams per day (im 195 lbs as of yesterday - weighed myself)

i also have fish oil (Super EPA from Now Foods) that i can take...for fats

sonnygll is offline Member
    I really like this training protocol. It combines many excellent techniques and principals and is very well thought out. I don't know about some of the exercise selections and I would use antagonistic pairs to increase efficiency during the higher volume phase. But the flow of the plan, protocols and method of causing progressive overload is very good. I use all the techniques myself. The deloading phase in particular is a very important piece of this that many people neglect. Starting with that is a good idea since most trainers I know are chronically overtrained, and just giving their poor CNS a break will likely increase strength gains and the desire to go to the gym and train with intensity. Well done.

I have no problem posting the link.

One thing though,

I think my prime stage looks bit different:

I split the training into days A and B that cover all muscle groups. I just switch day A with B.

6 days a week, A B A B A B one day off.

Diet is just as the guide lines say.

If you are ok with me posting it sill... I will sure get the link.

Blog Entries
    what do you suggest to substitute for meal 4?? can i have chicken or tuna again like in meal 3??

you want me to still drop total protein for priming phase? im at 230-240 grams per day during the prime phase...if you want 1.25 grams/lb that would put me at 244 grams per day (im 195 lbs as of yesterday - weighed myself)
    Anything like tuna, salmon, egg whites or fat free chicken will be fine for meals 3 and 4. I would stay at around 245 grams of protein (1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight during both the prime and mass phase. If you get hungy we can bump up your meals to 6 per day!

Blog Entries

Wink

i also have fish oil (Super EPA from Now Foods) that i can take...for fats
    Highly recommended for joint recovery!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information