Alex Cross is offline New Member

Routine for bulking???? HELP!

Hey all

I am 21, 150lb, trying to bulk up... Recently I have been doing:

M- Chest
    W- Back/Bi's
    F-Shoulders/Tri's
    (legs thrown in Tuesday or Thursday)

But I hate only going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, and when I miss a workout I can never seem to make it up... I DONT Want to overtrain, but I was thinkin about changin to this:

M- Chest
    T- Back
    W-Legs
    Th-Shoulders
    F- Bi's/Tri's

Do you think that would be OK for bulking, or would I overtrain??

I do mainly compound excerises...(dumbell presses, dips, deadlifts, rows, shoulder press, barbell curls, etc etc)

Thanks
    A/C

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds good to me. You're only concern with overtraining should be how long your workouts are. The best workouts are basic, simple and intense. Just stick to the basics and eat like a cow and you'll be aright bro. Works well for me.

yea man just eat like crazy cut down your workouts too about 45 minutes each and your wont overtrain....... the schedule you have there is basically the same rountine that I use and it works great

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    That workout will be fine. Overtraining will not happen unless you don't feed your muscles properly, and or you don't get enough sleep.

babi is offline Associate Member
    dont go too crazy with the nitty griddy exercises just do the basic compound movements as heavy as possible at the end you are not going to look all that nice (no cuts)but you will achieve a lot of strenth and mass so basically you will have a good foundation to build on

Alex Cross is offline New Member
    Originally posted by babi
    dont go too crazy with the nitty griddy exercises just do the basic compound movements as heavy as possible at the end you are not going to look all that nice (no cuts)but you will achieve a lot of strenth and mass so basically you will have a good foundation to build on

Thanks for all the info guys... I will go ahead and move to the 5 days a week training, just doing compound lifts... It sucks, cause I am thinkin about doing a bulking "cycle" and I hate to get big and fat with no "cuts", but at a mere 150 (and i dont even look 150) I cant have my cake and eat it too!! No wait, I should eat that shit!!

Thanks

A/C

Thread Information