Thread: olympic bar

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

olympic bar

do i have to use an olympic bar in the bensh press coz i asm using a shorter bar

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Not to sure what you are asking??? Are you asking if you have to use an olympic bar in bench press comps.?

What do you mean Little Girl? You said you've never seen anybody bench with a barbell? Everybody benches with a barbell!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay, this is sorta piggybacking on someone else's thread, but i have to know and i'm embarrassed to ask this at my gym (and no, i'm not gonna ask how much the bar weighs), but is there such a thing as a 55 or so pound bar? I swear there's a bench at my gym that WITHOUT FAIL feels ten pounds heavier than the other bars. It may be a mental thing, but every time i hit that bench, my reps are less than they should be for the weight (i think) i'm using. There's no scale in this gym...since the place fancies itself on being sufficiently politically correct that to have one would insult "big boned" people so i can't check it like that even when no one is in the place....arggh...i have to know!!!

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    hey Big Green, i dont know if there is a 55lb bar but i know there are 50lb bars ,i know cuzz i have one at home its an olympic size and all, it just weighs 50lbs , oh 55lbs plus the collars i just weighed it! so i guess there are 55lbs ers out there

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Some days it feels like the barbell I use weighs about 200 lbs!

Thread Information