cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL is offline Junior Member

Best front delt excersizes??

im looking to add a good bit of mass to my front delts, i already know a few ways to train them but i am always looking to try something new. a few sugested excercizes would be greatly appreciated...thanx

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Other than heavy front barbell presses, and front raises I'm not aware of any others. Heavy bench hits mine pretty hard.

yeah same here, heavy bench tears mine up...

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    bench!

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    You really don't have to go crazy on your front delt training,your chest workout will hit the fronts pretty well already.I like to concentrate on my side delts and rear delts,that doesn't mean I don't train my front delts I only do a couple sets of military presses with the cambered bar which I find alot more easier to balance.And the more you work your side delts it will without a doubt give you a better overall shoulder appeal.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    One pressing exercise is all you need for the front delts unless you have dominant side delts. Do you have dominant side delts?

Quote Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT TRAINING GURU View Post
    One pressing exercise is all you need for the front delts unless you have dominant side delts. Do you have dominant side delts?
    if by dominant u mean bigger than yes i do

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL View Post
    if by dominant u mean bigger than yes i do
    It all makes sense now!

You fall into the category of being able to use the overhead shoulder press to obtain a nice set of side caps on the medial delts with very little to show up front (anterior head). How could this be? It’s simply a matter of nature dishing out strong points (medial head) and weak points (anterior head). A person such as yourself who has over-powering side delts would not have to use both over-head presses and side lateral raises for the medial head of the deltoids. In fact, anyone with dominant side delts would need to use over-head shoulder presses and front lateral raises because the side deltoids would get worked harder than the front deltoids during all over-head pressing movements.

I would recommend using over-head presses followed by front dumbell lateral raises to increase the size of your front and side delts. Periodize them as follows:

2 weeks (2 sets)
    4 weeks (10 sets)
    2 weeks (6 sets)

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    try doing a front db raise but stand palms facing out and bend ur elbows up a little like ur gonna do a curl,like say at 45 degree angle and then raise up.when u negative stop at the 45 again.BURN BABY BURN!

It all makes sense now!

You fall into the category of being able to use the overhead shoulder press to obtain a nice set of side caps on the medial delts with very little to show up front (anterior head). How could this be? It’s simply a matter of nature dishing out strong points (medial head) and weak points (anterior head). A person such as yourself who has over-powering side delts would not have to use both over-head presses and side lateral raises for the medial head of the deltoids. In fact, anyone with dominant side delts would need to use over-head shoulder presses and front lateral raises because the side deltoids would get worked harder than the front deltoids during all over-head pressing movements.

I would recommend using over-head presses followed by front dumbell lateral raises to increase the size of your front and side delts. Periodize them as follows:

2 weeks (2 sets)
    4 weeks (10 sets)
    2 weeks (6 sets)
    oooooh ok...well my shoulders seem to develop extremely slowly to begin with which leaves me with massive arms/chest but nothing to connect them together...however, although my shoulders are on the small side, my side delts are quite a bit larger than my front delts so i believe they are dominant and ill go ahead and give ur suggested routine a try...thanx alot

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin freak View Post
    try doing a front db raise but stand palms facing out and bend ur elbows up a little like ur gonna do a curl,like say at 45 degree angle and then raise up.when u negative stop at the 45 again.BURN BABY BURN!
    yes! ive done those before and i love them...great excersize

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    Other than heavy front barbell presses, and front raises I'm not aware of any others. Heavy bench hits mine pretty hard.
    i agree, was what i was going to say.

Blog Entries
    oooooh ok...well my shoulders seem to develop extremely slowly to begin with which leaves me with massive arms/chest but nothing to connect them together...however, although my shoulders are on the small side, my side delts are quite a bit larger than my front delts so i believe they are dominant and ill go ahead and give ur suggested routine a try...thanx alot
    With your body structure the front deltoids do little of the work when bench pressing because your dominant chest soaks up most of the work. You sound like one of these guys who can do flat bench press and end up with a sore chest as opposed to sore front delts. Many of us are just the opposite. We do flat presses and end up with sore front delts and little overall chest soreness.

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    I have very developed front delts and though the exercises dominant in my routines have changed over time. I have alkways found great success with this method. Press, raise, press, raise. In that I would start shoulder training with a pressing movement...then next hit side delts with dumbell lateral riases or such..then hit another pressing movement such as arnold presses followed by bent over dumbell lateral raises. I used to very often go real heavyu on delts and also do alot of intense drop sets. lately, however, i have developed a VERY solid and successful rotuien in which I begin with behind the necki the presses supersetted with standing side dumbell lateral raises. then I do smith machine presses to the front ( because on smith machine you get greater range of motion than possible with babrell and you can really isolate the front delts. I lean my head back and go staright down to my collar bones) supersetted with bent over dumbell lateral raises. Anyways...all parts of the shoulder get hit...the froit delt gets smashed with majority of work. Yeah benchign hits delts a little too but the pioint of bodybuilding is too attempt to place as MINIMAL stress on the delts as possible and as much on the chest as possible..shoudler work is a side benefit of benching..but most certaintly not something to count on for front delt developement.

With your body structure the front deltoids do little of the work when bench pressing because your dominant chest soaks up most of the work. You sound like one of these guys who can do flat bench press and end up with a sore chest as opposed to sore front delts. Many of us are just the opposite. We do flat presses and end up with sore front delts and little overall chest soreness.
    holy sh**!! dude you hit the nail on the head my friend...thats exactly how it is...my delts never get sore on flat bench yet my chest gets tore up every time and my chest continues to gro by leaps and bounds and my delts are left far behind.

The other day though, i did do incline db press at a very sharp incline and the next day my front delts were tore up and come to think of it, thats the only time i can remember my front delts getting sore after a press excersize...should i do more excersizes like that on chest day to keep lighting up my front delts??

Blog Entries

Wink

holy sh**!! dude you hit the nail on the head my friend...thats exactly how it is...my delts never get sore on flat bench yet my chest gets tore up every time and my chest continues to gro by leaps and bounds and my delts are left far behind.

The other day though, i did do incline db press at a very sharp incline and the next day my front delts were tore up and come to think of it, thats the only time i can remember my front delts getting sore after a press excersize...should i do more excersizes like that on chest day to keep lighting up my front delts??
    Here's my suggestion to you. Stay with your normal chest training routine by using the exercises that makes the chest sore. When it comes time to hit the delts, use a sharp incline presses as your main shoulder exercise. From there you can use laterals raises of over-head presses as a secondary exercise to target the medial delts.

Here's my suggestion to you. Stay with your normal chest training routine by using the exercises that makes the chest sore. When it comes time to hit the delts, use a sharp incline presses as your main shoulder exercise. From there you can use laterals raises of over-head presses as a secondary exercise to target the medial delts.
    sounds good man...ill deffinently give that a try, thank you

Blog Entries
    sounds good man...ill deffinently give that a try, thank you
    Your welcome..

Thread Information