Thread: forearm pain

adamw1 is offline Associate Member

forearm pain

Hiya guys I need some advice.Everytime I do barbell curls I get a pain on the inside of my forearm(palms up).I have tried different grips & using a ez bar but nothing really helps.It is not to bad when I use dumbells so shall i just leave the barbell curls out for a while or use strapping.It doesnt seem to be a muscle pain,it feels like the bone is under stress?? .Anyone else expierience this or can help thx.

Rowdy is offline New Member
    dont sweat it, this is very common... your'e either curling too much weight, or gripping the bar too hard. If it's hurting when your'e not working out, you probably have a stress fracture and should see a Dr.

I also experience the same problam even with light weights. Does this mean I should go consult my DR?

It doesnt hurt when i use dumbells so it has me puzzled,and it isnt the weight or forrm so i am putting it down to grip???

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Could be pinching a nerve when using a straight bar. What does the pain feel like?

It feels like it could be related some how to the wrist doesnt feel like muscle only way to describe it is like shin splints???

Grant is offline Member
    yeah, i don't want to get your injured but this happens to almost everybody i train when they first start off, stick with it using your judgement and see if does not get better

overactive-girl is offline Female Member
    feels like shin splints? is it a shooting pain? Does is start at your elbow? or go into your fingers?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i got the same prob. i have very thin wrists and i think its from curling too much weight. it feels like the bone is cracking or something. hmm, actually, it might be from gripping the bar too hard. i always grip the bar sooooo hard that it feels like my forearms are gunna burst and i get a huge forearm pump...=)

-clocky baby

Farmer is offline Member
    I use to get it all the time, best thing to do is let it rest and heal up and ice it. But, if you want to continue training just wrap it in an ACE bandage because the pressure will stop the pain and you'll be able to train still. I don't get the pain anymore, because I used the wraps and iced it.

peace

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Do a search for forearm pain, question comes up quite often, a lot of good tips in some of the threads

dern180 is offline Member
    I had the same prob for the last few weeks. It seems when I curl with free weight or do preacher curls my left forearm has a sharp pain in it. I've been taking it light when it come to arms. It seem to be getting better. I hate when shit like this happens.

silverice is offline New Member
    Medial Epicondylitis is what its called and it sucks what i do for it is just take around 3000mg of MSM a day 1000mg in the morning,noon,evening and also glucosomine chondrition it will help a lot

if u want more info about it just go here

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/1680.51126

dern180 is offline Member
    Sliverice that was a good web site for the infomation I need..... thanks alot. What is MSM??? One other thing I'm 22 years old going on 23 in a couple of week. It seem this happens to more older people that have been working out over the years. Why I'm I getting wear and tear at a young age.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I had problems with that for a while . . . some guy at the gym recommended I do wide grip barbell curls with a light weight for a while, and by golly, it took a couple months, but the pain is gone.

capomack is offline New Member
    dern180 bro i dont know why ur getting it at 22 but im 17 and i have it.
    I started getting it at around 16 but i did lift light till it went a way and started taking msm for it it helps a lot

msm-methylsulfonylmethane u can get it a like any health food store thats what my doctor told me to take

Thread Information