Penetrator is offline Junior Member

How to train for armwrestling?

Which exercises should I do to improve?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    bis and tris

maybe delts also

BUMP for more

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    Its all based with in the rotarycuff, not forearms or bi's like most expect, unless your cheating and rotating the wrist. The rotarycuff is set with in the delts, so abduction and adduction of the scapula and humerus.

I love to arm wrestle, and I agree with anabolicmyo. But, I'll add on to what he said: If you think about it, when you are arm wrestling you are trying to PULL down the opponents arm. The best exercise to train for this movement is the pull-up, because it hits your posterior delts (very important for assisting the lat), the lattissimus dorsi (for pulling of course), biceps (also a pulling muscle that helps), and the forearms (for a strong grip and for strong wrist movement). Any kind of back routine that includes pull-ups will traing you effectively for arm wrestling.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I rock at arm wrestling!...actually the thing about me is leverage, if you got long arms, u have an upper hand

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Very good article in IronMan about that, I believe. Check it out. Tons of info.

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    just lie sideways on the floor with a dumb bell and do a arm wrestling motion. thats how i train. i havent lost in years.

Originally posted by anabolicmyo
    Its all based with in the rotarycuff, not forearms or bi's like most expect, unless your cheating and rotating the wrist.
    Twisting your wrist isn't considered cheating in true arm wrestling. In fact, arm wrestling is similar to regular wrestling: there are different moves. Also, pulling your opponents arm towards you to gain more leverage isn't cheating either.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    The movement in armwrestling is basically medial rotation of the humerus.
    So all the muscles that do that movement are: Rotator cuff(subscapularus), Pectoralis major, anterior deltoid.

oh yeah having SHORTER arms help cuz you make the bigger guy extend his arm more creating a longer resistance arm for him.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Bi's are important, depending on your arm wrestling technique. A have a buddy who has only been beaten once, by me of course, but i had a hard time doing it. He's not very big either but his technique was fucking steller. What he woud do was pull your arm toward him that's takes leverage away from you and bam then he fucking takes you out. Now i don't know if this is how the pro's do it, but i do know that he has won several matches agains locals, big and small alike.

Thread Information