JCS
    JCS is offline Junior Member

Time constraints

Hey guys i have a big problem. I work a full time job and now i just started back at school i am tied up on third shift all night then during the day i am in classes. I almost dropped out of school because it seemed like my there was no time for my training. I liked working out every body part once a week and then i would do the cardio right aftrer. I just dont have the time for that now. Some guys say they can hit the gym like 4 days a week and they are in and out in about an hour. I cant seem to get that routine down. I dont know the order they work their muscles or the amount of sets needed. I was doing about 16 sets and four different excercises per muscle alot of people said i was overtraining and i might of been because i stopped making any kind of gains. I hit the wall. Once that happened i lost alot of motivation. I need to find a good routine that will break me out of this feeling. My big problem is the time. If it comes down to it i can wait on school. Training is a big part of my job so it is very important to me. Any suggestions or ideas from anyone would be grealty appreciated.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    i seem to find it fairly easy to get in and out of the gym within 45min-1hr. I do cardio 2x a week and weight train the other 5 days. Generally my w/o are 1 muscle group 3-5 exercises 4-5 sets with about 1-1.5 minute rests and maybe a 3 min breather between exercises.

WSURAIDER is offline New Member
    Bro, this is from recent personal experience. Like you, I had been going very high volume workouts on a 5 day per week split the last year and a half. Recentely, I finally got the balls to change things up and go to a 3 day per week split. I am SOOO happy I did this. Now, when I go to the gym, I go with a vengenance. And, it also gives you a better opportunity to increase on every lift every time out, which is what truly builds muscle.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by Psycoswole
    i seem to find it fairly easy to get in and out of the gym within 45min-1hr. I do cardio 2x a week and weight train the other 5 days. Generally my w/o are 1 muscle group 3-5 exercises 4-5 sets with about 1-1.5 minute rests and maybe a 3 min breather between exercises.
    The man said it right there, his routine is basically mine, minus the cardio

Thread Information