Fooboy is offline Associate Member

Skull Crushers Solo

What's a good and SAFE way to do skull crushers by yourself? I almost crushed my skull for real today. My partner was too tired to come out with me today.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    If it gets to heavy just lay the bar on the bench or drop it to the floor or get some guy to spot you.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    You could always use dumbells bro, lots of wrist positions available then the change the focus of the exercise too...

Daz

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    the easiest way to do skullcrushers by yourself is to just use very strict form, go down slow, and push up hard...so your not letting the weight smash down on ur head so fast, just go slow and steady...the way its sposed to be done in the first place....

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by HalOd03
    the easiest way to do skullcrushers by yourself is to just use very strict form, go down slow, and push up hard...so your not letting the weight smash down on ur head so fast, just go slow and steady...the way its sposed to be done in the first place....
    yeah, but once you get the failure sets, it gets ugly. on my failure sets of skull crushers, i can get about 4 on my own, then need a spot. i would never do skull crushers alone beyond a weight that i knew i wouldn't fail on...=)

i'm a believer that if you're not failing, you're not getting a good workout. so whats up with skull crushers? should you do em to failure without a spot?? i guess so...thats why they are called skull crushers, right? =)
    Originally posted by Fooboy
    My partner was too tired to come out with me today.
    btw, fooboy, i woke up 3 hours later and went to the gym...sorry, it was a long day at school...=)

-clocky baby

durbin22 is offline Member
    Either don't go too heavy or get a spotter.

Thread Information