superbeast is offline Member

2 Days of Legs...in a row?

I decided it was time to rearrange my workout splits. I've been doing hams and quads on separate days for a while and have gotten very good results. Anybody ever try doing quads on one day and hams on the next? Or vice versa? I don't usually get sore until at least the 2nd day after legs.

Don't post on this thread like I'm new and asking an absurd question. I've been at this a long time and my physique speaks for itself. I have heard of some guys doing this and was just curious what some opinions might be.

Thanks,
    SB

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I have always done legs together until recently...I now do quads and calves and hams and shoulders..works out great. I find that I can give a little more effort to the hams this way. Instead of being so exhausted from my squating, and then trying to hit the hams as hard as I like too.
    Last edited by Shredz; 09-16-2002 at 10:28 AM.

Re: 2 Days of Legs...in a row?

Originally posted by superbeast

Don't post on this thread like I'm new and asking an absurd question. I've been at this a long time and my physique speaks for itself.

Thanks,
    SB
    Is this really needed???

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im with shredz (on both posts)
    You can really give your hams a ride if you do quads/hams seperatly.

And i think we all now mr superbeast (6'3 255lbs) aint no newbie.

superbeast is offline Member

Re: Re: 2 Days of Legs...in a row?

Originally posted by Shredz

Is this really needed???
    Maybe not, but that is my pet peeve. I hate when somebody posts when they don't know who they are talking to and I've gotten some replies like that before. Sorry.

So what do you think about doing hams and quads on consecutive days?

Re: Re: Re: 2 Days of Legs...in a row?

Originally posted by superbeast

Maybe not, but that is my pet peeve. I hate when somebody posts when they don't know who they are talking to and I've gotten some replies like that before. Sorry.

So what do you think about doing hams and quads on consecutive days?
    No worries bro..Like Palme said we know superbeast ain't no Newbie.

As for doing them in a row..I have my routine set up in a way that I do my quads and calves and then I train another body part, after that take a day off and then hit hams and shoulders. I think that you should be alright just as long as you take a day off after you complete the two days in a row. It is not like you are doing full legs on both days. That is just my .02.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I would agree with the above posts in that it's akin to hitting bis and tris on consecutive days...i can't see that it would be very detrimental provided your quad workout doesn't incorporate hamstrings excessively on the squatting and legpressing type movements. THis is an idea i've toyed with for some time, adn would like to give a test run, but i have a hard time squatting any other way than 'ass to the grass' or legpressing without bringing my knees all the way to my armpits, both of which, in my estimation, are going to call upon a degree of hamstring incorporation sufficient enough to make me feel uncomfortable hitting them solo within 24 hours. But i'd love to hear your results and further thoughts, since i'm at a crossroads on what to do with legs since they've become a priority in my training for the first time ever (sad, i know)

Thread Information