Thread: A popping hip!

Fooboy is offline Associate Member

A popping hip!

hello all,

I was doing my regular incline sit ups a few days ago and i everytime i sat up, it felt like my hip was popping in it's joint. It was an awkward feeling, not really any pain. What could this be?

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    don't know but i hope someone does cause i have the same thing when i do situps or kicks in karate.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I also have that hip pop and many other joint pops as well. The general medical answer is "if it doesn't hurt anywhere in it's full range of motion, don't worry about it"
    My joint popping symphony includes:
    neck, back, knees, right shoulder, 2 punching knuckles, left hip, both ankles.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    hmmm....damn chica, that's a lotta pop. I find that when i do a little hip exercise and stretch whateva i can in the general area...it tends to decrease the popping. But, if that's the general medical answer, then so be it. thnx

pinoy is offline New Member
    I have that in my left shoulder and it annoying...

Strut99GT is offline Member
    My ankle has been popping off and on pretty much every step I take for the last few years...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cali is offline Female Member
    My hip will pop so easy it's scary. I can feel it get to where it's going to pop and kind of twist a little and it goes. My grandma has had both hips replaced. I hope I'm not following in her footsteps.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    my left hip pops, along with my right sholder, and my foot must crack every now and then for me to walk on it

overactive-girl is offline Female Member
    I have the same hip pop (among other snapping and crackling joints).

Fooboy and H bomb- pay careful attention to any pain in the leg or knee of the same side the hip is popping on. I've been doing martial arts most of my like and I remember a few years back I had an incredible pain in my right knee (same side as my hip popping) and finally when I saw a doctor, I found out that I had aggravated a nerve running through there from kicking too much. I had to take anti inflamatory meds to get rid of it. Just thought I'd share my story so you can prevent the same thing from happening.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    My hip will pop so easy it's scary. I can feel it get to where it's going to pop and kind of twist a little and it goes. My grandma has had both hips replaced. I hope I'm not following in her footsteps.
    My dad had hips replaced. Same surgery as Bo Jackson. Now he's got the titanium hips. It's a good thing. Titaniums way stronger than bone. The main drawbacks are surgery and rehabilitation time mean lost workout progress.

Thread Information