Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

The most effective routine for me

I am currently training
    Monday Chest shoulders tris
    Wed or Thurs - Back Bis Traps Forearms

I dont train legs, they are already big enough.
    (body_insp.tripod.com)
    I am trying to gain lean mass, yet if I eat a hyper caloric diet, especially since Im not active on the other days, I assume Ill gain quite a bit of fat. How can I work around this EFFECTIVELY?

PS> I feel its more effective to train chest shoulders and tris on one day because they all get sore anyway, so might as well train em full throttle. Thats the big issue.

Tell me, diet wise and training wise, what can I do?

timmy is offline New Member

Re: The most effective routine for me

Originally posted by Big_Dan

I dont train legs, they are already big enough.
    (body_insp.tripod.com)
    I would train legs anyways, just use light weight, and work on toning; they may be "big enough", but legs play large part in your overall mass and how you carry yourself.

What kind of training do you do? Do you lift heavy, or do you do some sort of volume training?

Trust me man theyre big enough. Im 5'5 and walking with your legs separate is something I really dont go for, makes you look a few inches shorter.
    I always go as heavy and intense as possible, and have knee problems because of it. In any case, legs are out. Enough of that.
    What about the question?

Tatt2D is offline New Member
    Sorry Dan, Im a complete moron when it comes to nutrition, I'm trying to learn a little more about it.
    As far as your Note on your training chest, tri's and shoulders the same day...I put my shoulders on my back day, I tend to put more shoulder into my back routine than on my chest day.

Sorry I couldnt help..

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Timmy. If you want your upper body to grow, you need to workout your legs. It stimulates natural GH when you work them out intense and hard. That GH travels through your body and helps your grow in other places. Synergistic training (meaning working out one muscle group to help another grow) works well and that's why it's important to work out legs.

QUOTE:
    I always go as heavy and intense as possible, and have knee problems because of it

Try what Timmy said and work them not as heavy and intense, just enough so it hurts (in a good way). But if you're looking to grow, you can't neglect legs brotha.

In terms of increasing your diet and keeping little to no body fat added on as mass? Man, it's a fact of life if you want to bulk fast you're going to get fast. If you exceed your even calorie intake by 350 calories a day, you'll minimize fat gain. The trick is, too not worry about gaining so much in little time, because the fact is you're gonna gain weight, but fat alongside with muscle. Just increase your calories enough, nothing like 5000, then you'll blimp, but something like 2800-3200 is reasonable enough? IMO, this is all from my experience. I went from 175 to 206 in 4 months all from natural eating. I made huge jumps and ate too heavy, now I'm fatter than I'd like to be brotha. I learned from my mistakes. Healthy weight gain comes slow and looks good, too much too soon, womp womp. Not too nice looking, but does wonders for the ego when you look at the scale.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL

In terms of increasing your diet and keeping little to no body fat added on as mass? Man, it's a fact of life if you want to bulk fast you're going to get fast.

Should be, "Man, it's a fact of life if you want to bulk fast, you're going to get FAT"

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: The most effective routine for me

Originally posted by Big_Dan
    PS> I feel its more effective to train chest shoulders and tris on one day because they all get sore anyway, so might as well train em full throttle. Thats the big issue.
    That is good to notice. Which is why it is usually better to train them seperatly. How long have you been on a routine? So we can better judge a good split for you...

Two of the best reason's to train legs:[list=1][*]Increase in NATURAL testosterone levels .[*]The body's need for symmetry.[/list=1]

Because legs require the largest muscles in your body you get a dramatic increase in testosterone on leg day. And testosterone is the hormone for results, period.

The human body wants symmetry and you can actually plateau in your upper body development by neglecting legs. Those who develop a large upper body with tooth pick (or otherwise underdeveloped) legs are a dead giveaway for AAS use.

For your legs target your tear drop (lower quads) more by using close footing to better target quads in general. Keep your feet no more than 3-8 inches apart when doing leg movements. This takes the stress off your upper quads and glutes and puts it into your quads and their tear drop look.

Those who ego build legs naturally use a wider stance to lift more weight - but unless you are a powerlifter or want to sport a voluptuous ass - don't do that.

Im thinking then of doing
    Chest Back
    off
    Legs
    Off
    Arms including shoulders.
    Hows this

THe problem is today I did Legs (saturday).
    I trained after not training them in months, it went great, yet I fear they will be sore for too long. How do I work my routine around that?
    Where can I put leg day?
    Arrange the routine according to what I have said, thatd be a big help.
    Thanks , Big dan

The first time you do legs after awhile (if you really hit them hard enough) it'll take time for the muscle memory to kick in. Once it does, usually around the second or third workout, your legs will be in okay shape about a day or two later. What's your leg routine like? Post it up bro. But I suggest you do this. If you say "where should I fit in legs" it means it's not a priority *no flaming, I feel the same way* so just do them on a Monday. Get them done and over with. Throughout the week, while they're still sore, your other workouts will be pumping blood through your body to help flush out some acid and keep a pump in your legs. It won't be as sore and by the time you're done your second workout of the week, you'll be okay and ready to go.

Try this:
    Monday - Legs
    Wed - Chest Back
    Fri - Arms Shoulders

What I mean by "muscle memory to kick in", I meant it'll take a short time for your legs to remember how it was to be worked out and how to repair itself. I find it only takes a workout or two before it figures it out.

Thread Information