Thread: Shoulder Injury

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Shoulder Injury

Ok I have been working out for a little over a year now and around 6 months into it I hurt my shoulder.(Dont know how)It went away eventually but has came back twice and im currently going through the same dam shoulder injury.The first time it happened I went to the doc and he gave me all sorts of tests and could not find anything noticably wrong.He said it was probably a tear.Well I can work out fine except for chest days.My question is can I continue to train and just go light on chest day? I've missed so many days in the past because of this injury and im starting to think I might need surgery Help!!

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    If you look a few months back the EXACT thing happened to me. I fractured my elbow and a few days before that ended up injuring my shoulder doing wide grip chins.

I had LOTS of pain in my shoulder accompanied by a really loud clicking/popping noise.

Im glad to say ive been back at 100% for about almost a month now and the injuries occured sometime in july.

Now, if it wasnt for my elbow being fractured, I would have been right along lifting the next week (but light I told myself) NO, DO NOT DO THAT

Waiting 3 weeks before I picked up any weight helped my shoulder immensly. Not to mention it made me JONES to work out. Eat right, and rest for 3 weeks.

Then when U start, slowly, and I do mean SLOWLY increase the weight. With all my exercises I did weight that made my shoulder, SLIGHTLY uncomfortable, but no pain. Instead of chins with your body weight, do assisted chins , or Lat pull downs. Just take it easy and listen to your body.

Shoulder injuries are no joke if you train regularly. U need to watch them or they can fuck up your world by injuring them more setting you back further. Right now im at the strongest ive ever been even with the setback of my injuries a few months ago. Dont let it get in the way, be smart
    Last edited by A_Nice; 10-06-2002 at 10:05 PM.

Alex Cross is offline New Member
    hey man,

i FEEL your pain. same prob here.. this is what i have been doing

-LAY off... i'm off 2 weeks, looking to get back to liftin in a few days
    -take VIOXX for a few weeks, helps with the inflamation (take motrin @ 600 mgs if you cant get the vioxx)
    -do rotator cuff excercises, it seems to really be helping. use soup cans or real light lbs....here's where i found the good ones

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...tor+excercises

Ill keep my fingers crosses for ya brotha. and when you get back, i would watch out for stuff like pullups and pulldowns.. the movment seems to screw em up for me! Good luck!

A/C

another thought....

First off- STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH!!! I do it all the time... When doing the workouts, when im in class, all the time!! Keep it loose!

Another thought, use machines when you come back. It will help if it was bad form that hurt it in the first place...

Lastly, im looking into some DECA for it.. I dont know if your a AS user, but if you are, i understand deca can help lube it up and sometimes cure it... good luck again

A/C

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys thanks for the kind words.Like the hard headed guy I am I have been training around the injury.I do plan on laying off the weights though for a while.Oh and Alex is funny you mention Deca cus I have 2 bottles under my bed waiting for me..I have never used as so it should help.

Originally posted by Flaco
    Hey guys thanks for the kind words.Like the hard headed guy I am I have been training around the injury.I do plan on laying off the weights though for a while.Oh and Alex is funny you mention Deca cus I have 2 bottles under my bed waiting for me..I have never used as so it should help.

hehe yea bro im about to get 2 bottles for the same purpose!! good luck to the both of us!!

A/C

Thread Information