NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

pecs just won't grow

I finished a cycle of deca like 2 months ago and still on clomid therapy. I am still training pretty hard but i hope im not overtraining. Mondays are my chest/tri day and here's my work out:

bench 3 sets of 10
    DB bench 4 sets of 8
    decline bench 3 sets of 8
    skull crushers 3 sets of 10

I haven't progressed since i came off deca and my pecs are staying the same size. Maybe its cuz im overtraining??? i'm not sure. Well any suggestions will be greatly appreciated like new exercises or methods. thanx

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: pecs just won't grow

Originally posted by NSHOOTER320
    I am still training pretty hard but i hope im not overtraining. Mondays are my chest/tri day and here's my work out:

bench 3 sets of 10
    DB bench 4 sets of 8
    decline bench 3 sets of 8
    skull crushers 3 sets of 10

I haven't progressed since i came off deca and my pecs are staying the same size. Maybe its cuz im overtraining??? i'm not sure. Well any suggestions will be greatly appreciated like new exercises or methods. thanx
    overtraining ?? almost looks like you're undertraining them to me.

try mixing in more incline - either DB or Bar. maybe some cable flys or DB fly, a pec dec machine, dips.

also you could stand to do a few more tricep exercises. maybe some rope pull downs, overhead rope extensions, tricep kick backs, whatever. just a few more exercises.

don't limit yourself to "3 sets of 10" or whatever. keep working the weight up to where you're getting a few sets of 2 in there. basically like maxing out every time, but keep pushing yourself (and get a spotter) and things will grow.

check out this site for some muscle specific exercises : http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

MindBomb is offline Member
    Hit the pec dec and flys.

little_indian is offline New Member
    Try focussing on the negatives bro.I found that useful.Also try dips instead of declines.For some ppl dips hit the chest better than declines.JMO.Good luck.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Try
    4 sets 4-6 reps on flat bench
    4 sets incline db or barbell press 4-6 reps
    4 sets inclined dips

That should fry your chest, then move onto your tricep routine.
    Good luck

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Theres no real difference in doing bench with the bar and then doing dumbell press. it's prety much the same thing.
    Instead take one out and do incline press. And throw in the pec deck somewhere in your routine, i like to put it last cuz it's easy to change weights on it so you can do supersets to finish yourself off. Just do 3 sets for each exercise and that'll be 12 sets total which is good.

Tatt2D is offline New Member
    I prefer to do inclnes first because thats my weakest part.
    Another thing is that I use dumbells for aall the exercises, I get a much better stretch and can actually feel it in my chest more than with the bar.
    This is just what works for me.

durbin22 is offline Member
    All you do for tri's is skull crushers?

Thread Information