Thread: Too Much?

AbNormalPower is offline New Member

Too Much?

I have been training for years and i have always heard, you can overtrain.....

Well, i got a new workout partner about two months ago, he is in there six days a week...workout looks something like this

monday
    Chest
    back
    legs

tuesday
    tri's
    neck
    abs

Wensday
    Shoulders
    chest
    Legs

Thursday
    neck
    abs
    tri's

friday

bi's
    shoulders

Sat
    Chest

500 pushups withsome flys

Now, this is insane, and he wants me to start doing it with him, i seen him from the time he started coming in until now, i bet money he has added size everyone...he said he went from a 42 inch chest to 49 in a matter of two months....plus he does 500 pushups ED

KeyMastur is offline VET
    appears as if this guy does upper body way more than lower - what's up with that ? he working on his beach body ? i don't see how he can do legs on monday, then turn around and do them on wed. - is he even pumping them hard enough ? my legs are sore for a good 3 days afterwards once i pound them out and leave the gym shaking.

i personally don't like the way it's setup, but others have different methods of training.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am with key mastur on this one, when i work out my muscles are sore for a good 3-4 days. I dont know what kind of reps your friend is doing either. If he is doing lighter weight and lower sets then that may be the case for his "insane" workout. For me i isolate each body part for each day and concentrate on form and weight, pushing myself to muscle failure on each exercise also i seperate push and pull excercises. Everybody is different though, and there is more than one way to skin a cat. I just know for myself is i did that much i am sure i would meet a point where i would stop growing and if you dont triain all parts of your body equally then you will meet a stoping point.. Have you ever seen a guy who is just huge upstairs and has chicken legs?? or any pro-bodybuilder who is huge with no legs. NOPE! at least i have not
    this is only my 2 cents
    abstrack@protonmail.com

AbNormalPower is offline New Member
    What i said, but he doesnt play in the gym...he is hardcore 100% and far as pain whom knows how he feels...but i do know he goes heavy on the 2nd leg day of the week..maybe he shines away from the pain? just maybe he trains for looks day one then size leg day 2?

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    To me it looks like a little too much, but some people do recover much quicker than others.
    As far as overtraining, you just have to listen to your body.. it'll let you know when you need to take it down a notch.

Thread Information