Thread: Lower pecs

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Lower pecs

I have pecs yet I dont have lower pecs, I have a very good upper chest but very little lower. I hear decline is trash, and then I hear decline is good. Whats the scoop?

Steele is offline Member
    i have the same kinda problem with my chest. i did decline flyes yesterday and feel the soreness right in my lower pecs so i think that is worth a try. decline presses would be good to include as well. you can lift more weight, for more stimulation and yoiu don't get your delts so involed. good luck!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i really never use the bar, but i like the dumbbell presses for decline or the decline flys also i get a good pump from dips with added weight rrun the dips to muscle failure your arms and chest will be pumped!!!
    or do the flys from the cable machine just hook the D handle up at the bottom and do your fly's from there-another great pump
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I read on a different thread that dips are a good way to work lower chest, with a wide grip.

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    I like weighted dips for the lower chest. For me if I keep my elbows out I feel it alot more in my chest, if I keep them in I feel it more in the tris.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Decline D-bell presses work great for my lower chest. However, this is coming from someone with a different chest development than what you've stated. My chest is opposite of yours, I have a much more developed lower chest than upper.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    Decline bench works 85% of your large pec muscle it works even more than flat. so i say do it and do it heavy.

Thread Information