Thread: gym ?'s

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

gym ?'s

here it is, i am in the gym and i notice people all the time using shitty form or swinging the weight around. Damm!! I am not the most perfect person in the gym but when i see these people using incorrect form or cheating, just to push more weight. This shit bugs me!! I feel like saying something but then i think that these peole might think i am a asshole for correcting them. Would it be wrong for me to suggest these things i see in the gym. I feel like I should help these people out when i see this nonsense, since i am going to be a personal trainer in a few months but then again??? what do you guys think??

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    I'm totally with you bro. I'll see people just swinging the weights around and I wonder what in the hell are they thinking. The only time i say anything though is when I notice someone is fairly new to working out, otherwise I just let em go.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Epic01
    I'm totally with you bro. I'll see people just swinging the weights around and I wonder what in the hell are they thinking. The only time i say anything though is when I notice someone is fairly new to working out, otherwise I just let em go.
    And im with you bro. If you see a n00b that might injure himself you give him some pointers. But if a see some "beefcake" thats trying to impresse on a chick or trying to look stronger then he is i just shake my head and let them go on with it.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    What about a girl ??? Sometimes you see girls having bad form. I sometimes feel like going up and helping them out, but I don't want to look like some schmuck who's tryin to pick up on her......although I am.....

skid is offline Banned
    I hear 'ya bros ... yesterday I saw this kid doing standing barbell "curls", but his elbows were only moving about 20-degrees and all the motion was in his shoulders ... i'd have said something, but his attitude preceeded him, so I'll just let him wonder why he's not growing

personally, I appreciate a tip here and there ... a couple months ago this HUGE guy saw me doing DEEEEP leg presses and politely asked if I was trying to isolate my quads ... I replied I was going deep to hit the glutes as well and he agreed I was then doing it "right", he just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I really like my gym, I work out early in the AM (6 or 7)and ussually its me and like 5-10 old people and a few workout tools. (Great gym there's just a lot of older people who are member there). Thank god for MP3 players- cause the music sucks.These guys ussually spend more time talking than working out. They think their all big, and do like leg press with 10 plates and barely bend thier knees.... Tools. Form, well lets just say none of them would know what that is unless they were slapped in the face with it.

Cali is offline Female Member
    If I were the person using bad form I would appreciate someone saying something as long as they were just being helpful. If they said it like "dumbass!" I'd do it wrong when they were around just to annoy them.

And Key...if you help the girl with her form she's gonna think you're nice and knowledgable. When she's done working out talk to her and see if she noticed a difference, then she'll think you're sweet for checking on her. Then hit on her and you'll have a good chance of getting a date.

dern180 is offline Member
    I'm with you Cali I could of use some tips when I just started working out. Three and half years later and now I now what I'm doing.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by KeyMastur
    What about a girl ??? Sometimes you see girls having bad form. I sometimes feel like going up and helping them out, but I don't want to look like some schmuck who's tryin to pick up on her......although I am.....
    that is one of the main reasons why i hardly go on dates...cuz i hate looking like a schmuck who's trying to pick up on a girl. but hey, you gotta do it to get dates i guess....

i'm always like, "hmm, if i hit on her, i'll look like a dork hitting on some chick...but if i don't, my chances with her are officially zero"....what to do?!? =)

-clocky baby

Originally posted by Cali
    If I were the person using bad form I would appreciate someone saying something as long as they were just being helpful. If they said it like "dumbass!" I'd do it wrong when they were around just to annoy them.

And Key...if you help the girl with her form she's gonna think you're nice and knowledgable. When she's done working out talk to her and see if she noticed a difference, then she'll think you're sweet for checking on her. Then hit on her and you'll have a good chance of getting a date.
    oh shit!! thanks sweety i needed that pointer . All this time and this is how it is done. damm i have been wasting alot of time, lol

well i had to post this one there is this older cat who works out at the gym, the guy is doing sholder shrugs in the front with the smith machine . So he has it loaded with like 4 plates or 5 per side , he can even do the excercise to full contraction and he's pushing with his toes to get a few more inches in lift and i cant seem to figure out why this smuck does this much weight when he cant even do the excercise correct. on top of that i over herd him talking shit to this girl a long time ago about," he know people in this gym who do roids, but he is not going to say any names" it's like !! buddy get a life and mind your own business, learn how to correct your form and shut up!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I usally tell people if there having bad form, and I would expect the same for me too. I feel the same way about trying to help a girl, they think your just coming over there to hit on them and not help them. Ive seen some girls that with terrible squat form, but how do you go about that?

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

Aw well, I guess that makes me a mother schmucker.
    That's actually how I get "acquainted" with babes in the gym. For some reason, they never know the proper form of performing the seated cable row.

But as far as meeting the babes are concerned, that will stop because the last time I did that the cute, sexy babe turned out to be a 14 year old who looked 19........

durbin22 is offline Member
    I see this all the time at the gym. I do want to say something but most of the people that I see think they know it all and walk around thinking there god. Most of the time I just watch and shake my head.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    The guys who come into the gym and go straight on to the bench press really do my nut in....

Erm, warm-up guys? Stretching?? Bench pressing every workout?!?! Bench pressing for 30 mins solid?!!?! Chin-wagging between every set?!?!?!! ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGG gurgle..... choke spit!!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by TheChosen1
    But as far as meeting the babes are concerned, that will stop because the last time I did that the cute, sexy babe turned out to be a 14 year old who looked 19........
    Bro, I know what you mean. They make them younger and younger these days. I'm 23 and these 16 year olds are still turnin my head(s). I gotta check for ID before I end up in jail nowadays - especially where I'm at now. I was in a club the other day (18 + ladies) and this 16, yes 16, year old shows me her clit ring. Now tell me she didn't want the ladies man slinky, all 14 to 16 inches.

palme is offline Rosie Member

Bro, I know what you mean. They make them younger and younger these days. I'm 23 and these 16 year olds are still turnin my head(s). I gotta check for ID before I end up in jail nowadays - especially where I'm at now. I was in a club the other day (18 + ladies) and this 16, yes 16, year old shows me her clit ring. Now tell me she didn't want the ladies man slinky, all 14 to 16 inches.

Clit ring? Fuck bro id be all over that!!

Was she only 16? Sorry i didnt hear that.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    hmm clit ring eh, even if she was 16 i'd still give her a tongue massage haha.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I think as long as you approach them with a decent attitude and tell them your theory on how it should be done, they will accept the crtisism. Shit I have had older people come up to me and point out something I'm doing wrong, that I did not realize, and just the way they have said it to me made me thank them. Sometimes we dont always have a mirror to look into.

Its all about the approach. As for with women, get to the point fast and move on they wont think your trying to pick them up.

pcity is offline Junior Member
    I got the same problem.These young girls are killing me.Their always coming up to me in their tight short shorts and lookinig sexier than ever.Keymaster your definitely right that do make them younger these days.I mean they are beautiful girls,and i do enjoy talking to them.I just wish they were a little older,but than again their between 16 and 18 and I'm only 22.LOL Later people

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    I was in a club the other day (18 + ladies) and this 16, yes 16, year old shows me her clit ring.
    wtf, did she drop her pants right there in the club? uhh, i mean, whats a clit?

-clocky baby =)

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by clockworks

wtf, did she drop her pants right there in the club? uhh, i mean, whats a clit?

-clocky baby =)
    Never seen a girl wearing a skirt with no undearwear at a club?

uhmm .. of course *I* haven't.

Just a good imagination.

Anchor is offline New Member
    Be sure your formis correct before u lecture others on what to do....I have had ppl tel me whacked stuff about squatting, during my set of course.

Thread Information