xplicit is offline Member

The biggest trick to overcome is

to find the right amount of calories to take in a day so i can still put on some muslce mass and burn fat to get that cut up look. That seems impossible cause u can only have one with out the other, it seems like that to me at least. If i had to summarize working out to get that lean body with nice sized muscle is that what i would say???? I understand you still have to work out but that seems to be the easy part.

xplicit is offline Member
    this is also why u cant bulk and cut up at the same time which so many steroid users want to do, i kno thats what i wanted to do.

I know you need calories to get stronger and bigger and while u work out u burn calories and people with lean muscle usually burn more calories (Also burn calories in there rest periods) then some one who doesnt have as much muscle. So the best thing to do is take in a medium amount of calories and train as hard as i can and add in small amount of cardio. LOL im sorry if im not making sense

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    usually people do not try to do both cut get bigger at the same time because like u said its so difficult. u need to lean more toward one direction. try varying ur workouts and diets accordingly. ex. do 6 weeks of working out for size using about 6-10 reps and eat to gain weight, then do 6 weeks of doing higher rep range and reduce calories or carbs for ur cutting peroid. hope that helps

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    How quickly do you want the changes to occur bro? That's the real trick.
    If you want fast changes then it's one or the other, ying or yang.

If you don't mind the changes to occur at a more modest level then you can build and cut at the same time... just gradually.

IMO it's better to try and maintain your size whilst cutting. Do this by eating clean (6 - 8 small meals a day), training normally and doing enough cardio to see the fat slowly stripping away.

Alter the cardio to get the changes to occur at the speed you want - 3 x 30 mins a week to start with and increase in both duration and frequency depending on the results you see. Change on a weekly basis if changes are required, don't go mad and up it by 10 mins every day if you aren't ripped in a week!

If you notice your strength deminishing up your diet intake - don't reduce cardio. Why? Well the body responds by reductions of food intake by going into the 'starvation mode' - it attempts to hold on to fat reserves as the reduction in food intake is seen as a worry - you may be entering a period of starvation or severely diminished food intake. How is it to know otherwise?

If you increase food intake instead of reducing cardio you are signalling to your body that everything isn't as bad as what it thinks and actually it everythings okay - you are happy with the current environment and that your body should carry on performing as you are asking it to.

So to cut things short, more cardio and less food reduction is (IMO) the best way to diet whilst maintaining or even building your muscles.

Daz

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    I think i did it, im on 167lbs now, Im 17, packed on some good size and muscle, and still am lean.

Started off on about 145 i think. 1 year ago.
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=32957

I would juggle my diet around, and do cardio once or twice a week, lift with rep range between 6-12 all the time.
    Last edited by Assassinator; 10-13-2002 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Information