tolinka is offline Senior Member

Lift heavy or lift light

ok...sine me being a Russian and being aroun Russians i ve been told that if i wanna gain more mass then muscle i shoult lift as heave as i can and do the like 4 sets....they say that this is the best method to get bigger....i wasnt sure about that guys so i just need some second opinion...

superbeast is offline Member
    From my experience, I find it necessary to do both. Lifting heavy all of the time is hard on the joints, it can also train the nervous system rather than adding size. I do some exercises with heavy weights and some with lighter weights and more reps. It takes a combination of both to develop a large well-shaped physique. But the most important thing is what you eat and that you train with intensity.

SB

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Super-Beast, heavy and light work well. Play around with your neurons by switching up the intensity and the number of reps. You'd be suprised how well you grow when you never repeat the same routine at the same intensity/rep level in a row.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I do one heavy day, then later in the week, when i hit that muscle again i work on speed off the bottom

alright guy thnks for the advice...im just trying to get wider right now and i think id try your ideas, but i wanna know how should i do it, hit one week hard and the next one light??? i got lost on that part

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    If right now, you're concerned with gaining size, I'de stick primarily with heavier weights, and low reps. Try using pyramid sets, I love these!
    For example.
    Bench press- 1x10 1x8 2x6 1x8
    Incline- 1x10 1x8 1x6 1x8
    ect.

thanks ill try that....pyramid always worked good on my chest

xenithon is offline Member
    i think for gaining try and do mostly heavy, compound movements when training, but do one exercise of higher reps, prefereably one of the shaping movements for the muscle group eg. flyes for chest, rope pulldown for triceps etc.

Thread Information