BoriPecs is offline New Member

My work out schedule weak?

Hey guys Im trying to burn some fat and get them muscles to pop out, Im 25 5'9 240. This is currently my work out schedule, I also do 15 min cardio before work out and 30 mins after,either on the bike,Tredmill or Elliptical machine, I rather elliptical less strain on my knees since I was in a accident but thats another story. I have never done a cycle of anything and not planning to,until I loose a couple more pounds and when it comes to supplements the only thing Im taking right now is Isopure with water right after my workouts, Just order some Lipoflame and Amp02. My diet is not the greatest but I try not to consume more than 2000-2500 calories a day. In between 4-5 meals.

So I just wanted to know if the way Im doing this is correct since I work out by myself and my friends don't work out properly they are weekend warriors.

I do 4 sets of each exercise and 15,12,10,8 reps.
    Some suggestions would be gladly appreciated it and remember Im not a body builder I just wanna look good and feel good about myself.

Monday - Chest , Tricep & Abs

Chest

Barbell Bench Press
    Incline Bench Press
    Decline Bench Press
    Incline Dumbell Flyes
    Cable Crossovers

Tricep

Flat EZ Bar Extensions
    Cable Single Arm Extensions
    V Bar Pushdowns
    Rope Pushdowns
    Seated Dumbbell Extensions

Abs

Crunches

3 sets of 50,50,50 reps.

Leg Raises

3 sets of 25,25,25

Tuesday - Back & Bicep

Back

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    Reverse Grip Pulldowns
    Seated Cable Rows
    One Arm Barbell Rows

Bicep

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
    Barbell Curls With Wide Grip
    Reverse Grip Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Dumbbell Concentration Curls
    21 Wide Barbell Wide Grip

Wednesday Legs & Abs

Legs
    Seated Calf Raises
    Leg Press Machine Calf Press
    Lying Leg Curls
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Presses
    Machine Squats

Abs

Same as Monday

Thursday Shoulders&traps

Shoulders

Barbell Behind The Head Deltoid Presses
    One Arm Front Cable Raises
    Twisting Dumbbell Presses
    Machine Deltoid Military Presses
    Standing Low Cable Deltoid Raises

Traps

Barbell Upright Rows
    Barbell Shrugs Behind The Back

Fridays

Bicep , Triceps , abs

Saturday

Legs

Sunday off

Tatudlifter is offline Junior Member
    I would get my diet in order first, that is as important or more important than the weight you lift. You should take some time and learn what works for you. Your routine for me Would be over training some of your body parts, i would concentrate on your form and getting that pump and working the muscle correctly rather than amount of weight or throwing in alot of different movements, sometime simple basics are best! What is your bf%? This is just my opinion!

AverageWorkouts is offline Junior Member
    Hey, your on the right track but like the above poster said, make sure your diet is in check. You can work out like a madman and get shatty results because like many have said before, you are what you eat.

As for your training. You have alot going on, im far from an expert but how long have you been working out? If you just started up withing 4-6 weeks then take it easy with your workout. You could plateu from doing to much to fast as well as overtrain.

Just my 2 cents. Im sure a vetran will be along to help ya out.

mike954 is offline Member
    i would do alittle more for traps plat lifts and cables seated dumbbell press lateral raises
    bent over lateral raises

Thanks for the info guys when it comes to my diet. I usually eat 5 boiled egg whites in the morning 6am or 7am, like a protein bar at 10am, Fish,Meat,Chiken, with a salad at 12pm or 1, and fruit,yougurt,cottage cheese when ever I get home from work 6-8 pm then go work out, and then I have my Isopure shake as soon as I get home.

To be honest with you I hate eating this much, when I'm doing cardio I burp a lot and I feel like barfing sometimes, My metabolism is all messed up from all the times that I have gained and lost weight.

About being a pro ever since high school I been surrounded by people who love to work out and look good. They always motivated me and its was very competitive friendship's. I played baseball and football, I used go to the bating cages almost every day, but around 2 years ago I had an accident and I was stuck home for 6 months, Only ate peanut butter jelly sandwiches for a while and I got really scrawny and weak ate up all my muscle , then I landed a job in a bank and it sucks all this old ladies bring you chocolate,home made cinnamon buns , my hot boss bring donuts all the time ( i think she just wants to look better than everyone else) and I moved In with my Ex that doesn't cook and loves to eat out, that's how I gained the weight, and now that I have destroyed my body I'm trying to fix it all over again.

Sorry for the explanation, just so you guys know what I'm trying to achieve and my motivation.

Cant wait to post on the before and after forums in a couple of months.
    Last edited by BoriPecs; 05-12-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageWorkouts View Post
    Hey, your on the right track but like the above poster said, make sure your diet is in check. You can work out like a madman and get shatty results because like many have said before, you are what you eat.

As for your training. You have alot going on, im far from an expert but how long have you been working out? If you just started up withing 4-6 weeks then take it easy with your workout. You could plateu from doing to much to fast as well as overtrain.

Just my 2 cents. Im sure a vetran will be along to help ya out.
    I started working out seriously about 4-5 months ago I started with 20 min cardio and one body part a day, thats why I posted this up. I want this to be my schedule and I was just wondering if Im doing it right.

Thread Information