Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member

sick and tired of my HORRIBLE shaped chest (pictures included)

Well I was told to supply pictures so people could help me out with this problem. My chest has always sucked. Actually my genetics just seem to suck when I see how friends of mine can take a 5 week (half cycle) deca ALONE cycle and eat del taco/taco bell all the time and blow up with very little fat added... anyway ANY HELP on pointing out a few things for me to do to make my chest actually look like a chest would be AWESOME!

thins I do are...
    *dips
    *flat/incline/decline (not as much) bench
    *incline dumbbell press and flys
    *pull overs
    *cable flys
    *hammer strength incline and flat...

Thanks for any help!

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Whats your stat? how long you been training? whats your diet like?

green22 is offline Senior Member
    if ya dropped the BF down it would help. Defintley got some issues there though. Looks like you need to hit up some inclines.

i'm 6'2", 205lbs and the last time they measured my bf% it was 18%..... My diet is as follows for the MOST PART:

9a.m. shake - 2 scoops 12 hour sus release protein (50g) 6oz grape juice, 1 cup frozen strawberries, glutamine, flaxseed meal, 1 serving raw oatmeal,

11 a.m. 1 egg + 7 whites scrambled + 3 pieces flaxseed toast

1p.m. flame broiler chicken and rice (white meat and brown rice)

3p.m. 1 peanut butter (organic) and jelly (sugar free) sandwich on flaxseed bread.

4 p.m. same as 3p.m.

5:15 p.m. workout

7p.m. PWO shake - 2 scoops isopure zero carb (50g protein) 1 cup frozen strawberries, 6oz grape juice, flaxseed meal, glutamine

9p.m. - some sort of meal that isn't always the same like chicken breast and brown rice, sometimes an omlette with some flaxseed toast. etc..

11p.m.-12a.m. ish I will have possibly another pb jelly sandwich with some more of the 12 hour sus release protein 30-50 g protein.

the flaxseed bread is 100 calories for 2 slices, 15 carbs and 8g protein and very low sugar like 1-2g max.

It seems I really need to work incline a lot but I do actually... Some of my friends told me the other day that maybe I need to hit up the decline like crazy to get some different results because looking at my chest at the side view you can see it start going down from my nipple when going up my chest but then it goes back up again from all the decline i've done. Not sure if that made much sense to you but any more help or ideas would be appreciated, it's pretty embarrassing..... I have come a long ways but obviously I have A TON more to work on and I understand that. Thanks guys for your help!

Here's an old pic.... I'm just showing you rear view because I don't have the other pics on this machine... I'll have to show you them later. Thanks!

This one was probably from about a year ago but i looked like that all the way up til about 3-4 months ago.

and heres one of my back flexing that was recent (about 3-4 weeks ago)

Last edited by tripmachine; 05-19-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xavier_888888 View Post
    Whats your stat? how long you been training? whats your diet like?
    I don't really know how to answer 'how long i've been training' I have been off and on which is lame I know. I have just been hitting up the gym on a regular basis for the last 3-4 months or so. Other than that the first time i got into working out was when I was about 23 and I'm 28 now.

bump for any more ideas?

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i didnt read what everyone else said...but def drop the bf more, keep hitting that upper chest...with incline BB and DB

what do you think about the amount of sets / reps i'm doing..... basically i start with 15 reps for set 1 then 12-14 for set 2, 10-12 for set 3 and on my 4th set I just go until failure.... also if I'm going to lower my body fat what do you think about carbs at night time? I mean should I eat carbs AFTER my PWO shake anymore? or just stick with high protein meals and very minimal carb intake?
    Last edited by tripmachine; 05-19-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Post your diet in the diet forum with the calories, protein, carbs, & fat for each meal. At first glance it looks like your carbs and fat are too high. You probably shouldn't be eating peanut butter if you're trying to cut bf.

So I take it many of you suggest lowering body fat which I agree with... I will cut out some fat from my diet and re-evaluate how many carbs I am intaking. I just don't know if dropping the body fat will make my chest better shaped though. Sure it's going to show the muscle a lot better BUT it still looks like I have a retarded chest... I usually do 2 incline workouts, 2 flats and 2 declines on chest day.... how does that sound? Regardless I'm going to look over my diet and fix a few things about it to help with this issue but if anyone has any workout suggestions that would be great because I'm ready to try ANYTHING to get a normal looking shaped chest... Thanks guys!

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by number twelve View Post
    i didnt read what everyone else said...but def drop the bf more, keep hitting that upper chest...with incline BB and DB
    I agree! Go heavy too! proper formation to hit that chest. I finish my chest routine with up push up to fail and it pumps my chest good.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, your diet sucks!!
    Re-do that and along with CONSISTENET 4 times/week cardio and you'd see drastic changes.
    just research the diet forum for LEAN bulking diets.

Cool guys, thanks for the input! Thanks for also pointing out that my diet sucks! I really do appreciate that.... I will go ahead and browse around in the diet forum for a while today and come up with some new eating habits.... If my chest changes in a month, few months, years? I will post some pictures in this thread to show some updates in case anyone cares.... also to get some more input. Thanks again and if anyone else has any suggestions or input they'd like to ad, feel free! :]

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Def drop some fat and you will see a big difference. I have a similar chest problem but mine is because one pec is smaller than the other but holds an equal amount of fat as the other side. So one had much better definition than the other. As far as being 18% I would honestly say I think you're looking more around 20.

Ok that will be my first step then... I will start lowering my body fat and focussing on that more... as far as my 18% I was tested at the gym with the calipers but I know those aren't the MOST accurate so I could easily be 20% .... I guess I'll cut the carbs out of my late night meals..... I will have 15-20 carbs around 9p.m. which is my ppwo meal... I'll hit up the cardio and see what comes from it, thanks guys!

skitz1 is offline Junior Member
    Your right bicep looks a lot more peaked than your left bicep.

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    man cardio and in between reps do 10-25 push ups

39+1 is offline Banned
    hes got the stretch marks but man you gotta do something for that pec minor. Geneticaly you may not have one its possible.
    Good luck man i can see you are trying hard

pognog is offline Junior Member
    You sure look like you've lost alot of weight already, you're definitely on the right track.

Thanks for the kind words guys... :] Appreciate it.. I have been putting in a lot more effort into diet / working out than my genetically gifted buddies that just magically build crazy muscle while eating taco bell. I will try to hit up chest harder, lift heavier and implement some pushups in between chest workouts... What do you think of 2 incline 4 sets each 2 flat 4 sets each and 2 decline 4 sets each? is that too much would you say? maybe i'm working it out too much and I need to cut back on all the sets i'm doing..

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Try the following in this order-Decline presses, flat flyes, incline presses.

how many sets should I be doing? I usually do 2 workouts with 4 sets each decline, same for flat and same for incline... is that too much?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    +2 on dropping bodyfat. The bigger question is when you are doing your chest movements do you actually feel it in your chest ? Maybe a form issue ?
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 05-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    how many sets should I be doing? I usually do 2 workouts with 4 sets each decline, same for flat and same for incline... is that too much?
    Along with dropping bodyfat, I would do 4 sets of 3 chest exercises only once a week at this point.

ricanmafia is offline Associate Member
    and go heavy it sounds like your going lite.. go heavy or go home!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricanmafia View Post
    and go heavy it sounds like your going lite.. go heavy or go home!!!!
    It's been my experience that most tend to go too heavy as opposed to feeling their pectorals stretch, squeeze and contract during the exercise. When this happens, the shoulders and triceps can take over the movement as opposed to the targeted area.

Remember. bodybuilding and power-lifting are not one in the same and utilizing a controlled negative also builds muscle when not taken to extreme!

marklehner12 is offline New Member
    I agree, Def need to do some incline. How many reps are you doing. Looks to me like you need to do more weight less reps. try dumbells instead of bar. And champains with a dumbell for the inner pec. Concentration is a must for the chest.

marklehner12 is offline New Member
    The hell with decline I say.. flat bench and dumbell incline Is all you need.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marklehner12 View Post
    The hell with decline I say.. flat bench and dumbell incline Is all you need.
    It all depends on ones body structure! My tris and delts take over on a flat bench press where as my chest soaks up most of the work with a 10 degree decline.

Deadlift007 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 39+1 View Post
    hes got the stretch marks but man you gotta do something for that pec minor. Geneticaly you may not have one its possible.
    Good luck man i can see you are trying hard

What?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jchopper1 View Post
    man cardio and in between reps do 10-25 push ups
    I agree with cardio, but in between "reps" (I'm assuming you mean sets) do pushups? Why? Push-ups don't do shit. Heavy poundage (in this case on the incline bench) builds muscle, not pushups.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    +2 on dropping bodyfat. The bigger question is when you are doing your chest movements do you actually feel it in your chest ? Maybe a form issue ?
    hey what you said above has really helped me out a lot with chest..... i have great form but now i really really focus on FEELING my chest being worked out while I'm doing chest workouts.... i squeeze it and make sure i feel it..... Thanks!

couple of pictures just took last night that aren't that great of quality.... i just snapped 'em quick. I am feeling much better adding cardio into my working out..... even if it doesn't look like much has changed it's at least making me feel better in my day to day life so that's worth it alone even.... Thanks for the help everyone!

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    you can see an improvment

cool thanks for the comment... i was thinking i could see a light improvement... just need to keep going with the cardio but I think cardio was the best advice for my situation..... i have had fat stuck on me for 15 years probably since I never truly got it all off.... (not all off but you know what i mean...) i think the older fat is on ones body the harder it is to work it off but maybe that's just my opinion and not really a fact..

Blog Entries
    Next thing in line to get in shape should be that room , ewww

hahahahahahahahahahahhaa ^ lol yeah man i've actually been rearranging my computer stuff, sub, speakers etc.... so i just have been throwing stuff on the couch and bed.... still in the works but uhh...yeah it's not a very tidy neat picture.. Damn now I feel obligated to show you my room when it's all finished... here's what it looked like...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahhaa ^ lol yeah man i've actually been rearranging my computer stuff, sub, speakers etc.... so i just have been throwing stuff on the couch and bed.... still in the works but uhh...yeah it's not a very tidy neat picture.. Damn now I feel obligated to show you my room when it's all finished... here's what it looked like...

Is that a G5 gaming mouse ?!

I love mine !

hahaha yeah it is.... it's a great mouse! :] lol nice lookin out...

Just wanted to post up a before shot which was about 6-7 months ago..... and some shots i took last night... obviously i've still got a lot to work on but i'm feeling much better now a days, that's for sure...

oh yeah, disregard my messy room.... that day I was actually in the middle of cleaning... it's not like that anymore. I guess pictures after it was clean would have been a bit easier on the eyes...

This pic above was about 6-7 months ago

gotta lower that bf% quite a bit more.... i bet i'm still way above 15% what do you guys think? my guess is 17%?

just messin around with picasa...

anyway if anybody has some advice or areas you think I should really focus on I'd appreciate to hear all of what you have to say. I understand bf% might be the biggest thing for me to focus on.... opinions would be great! Thanks!
    Last edited by tripmachine; 07-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information