Alfred is offline Junior Member

Iscolating my chest and working delts.

Whenever i try to work out my lower / inside chest, it feels like my triceps take over, anyone have any workout ideas for targeting those areas ?

Also will doing sets of front / bent / and standing raises work the whole deloid muscle or should i do some other exersizes to get the whole muscle working and burning.
    Last edited by Alfred; 10-20-2002 at 06:24 PM.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    what types of exercises are u doing for your chest?

for my shoulder workout, i will start out with a compoud movement like arnolds (one of my favorites) and then move into shoulder exercises that isolate the individual heads. i haven't tried this yet, but u could try it the other way around and do your isolation exercises and end with a compound exercise.

just my $0.02

for chest ive been doing bench pess, incline, decline, and i tried weighted dips but they just seem to work my triceps.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Grip is probably to narrow and your elbows are sliding in...

so keep my elbows nice and wide and i should notice a differance ? My triceps are pretty strong due to crutches so it seems like the stronger muscle just takes over ?

Ya... deffinitly. Your elbows should be kept out and you are probably not holding tha bar wide enough.

An awesome Tricep movement is close grip bench press where you keep your elbows in and your grip real close. Probably what you have been leaning toward.

Because your triceps are smaller than your pecs as a muscle group in general - you will notice your bench weight will increase doing it properly. You will probably be able to add another 20 lbs or so to the bar depending on how off your form was.

Ive been keeping them shoulder width but il try a bit futher next chest day. Any other ideas for inner / lower chest aside the bench / dips ?

Should be wider than shoulder width. It kind of depends on your arm length... put it this way... when you lower the bar to the middle position (an inch or two above your chest) your forearms should be at least perpendicular to the floor. If they bow in you are way off. If they bow out - you could stand to move them a little closer.

Start off with just the bar and have someone look at your form (make sure your forearms are perpendicualr to the floor or a little wider - kind of like hanging a picture on the wall... better to be off one way than the other). It is such a bread and butter movement that the ssoner you perfect the your form - the better off you will be... you're triceps and delts will thank you later too.

skid is offline Banned
    assuredly I have a different training split than you: I work triceps BEFORE chest ... once I've burned out the tri's, the only strength left is in my chest muscles, isolating and forcing THEM to do the work

if you try this, be sure to lighten the bar for your chest exercises because you won't have as much strength with which to do them

Warrior is right about your form, borrow someone to check it out as well

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I seem to be able to isolate my chest when doing cable flyes. Give 'em a try, they might work out well for you!

Thread Information