BIGB is offline Associate Member

Get Bigger But Loss Fat Possible?

HEY GUYS I'M NEW BEEN WORKIN OUT FOR 5 YEARS YOU COULD SAY NOT AS INTENSE AND DEDICATED AS I SHOULD HAVE BUT NEEDLES TO SAY I'M 6'0 225 19 ID LIKE TO PUT ON QUALITY MUSCLE BUT LOSE FAT WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD DIET PLAIN HIGHER CARB LOW FAT OR HIGHER FAT LOWER CARBS JUST THROW ME SOME GOOD IDEAS AND ID APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    bulk up and gain as much muscle as u desire then when u get there, worry about fat loss. no secrets, thats what everyone does so it must work

LIL-ONE is offline Female Member
    its possible to gain muscle and lose fat but its a much longer process...i would bulk upp..then cut up... high protein high carb low fat
    iT MusT SuCK To Be UgLy....

trey is offline New Member

superbeast is offline Member
    This question has been asked a numerous number of times. That is okay, but it is the responses that piss me off. Yes you can add muscle and lose fat at the same time. You can also bulk with adding substantial amounts of fat. I've been at this for a while and I can tell you my bodyfat was at its highest in several years last winter at 8.2%. I grow every year and never lose my abs. Yes it may take a little longer, but it is definately worth it. Plus, so many guys lose all their gains when they try to cut. If you do things right year round, that isn't a problem.

SB

LIL-ONE is offline Female Member
    BUMP SB..IF YOUR NOT IN A RUSH..DO IT THAT WAY....MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO CUT UP AND BULK UP THE RIGHT WAY--> SO THEY EITHER LOSE EVERYTHING THEY GAINED OR GAIN TOO MUCH FAT
    iT MusT SuCK To Be UgLy....

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    basically i'll sum up what lil-one and SB said, if u know what u're doing then either route will work

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

Everyone of your guys, especially SB, have given BIGB some very good advise. But I'm surprised that no one has said the very thing that will ultimately cut the fat down at a faster pace. I'll say it in 3 words: Car Di O........LOL

Dude, pump hard but throw in about 20-30 minutes of cardio into your workout. That will help speed up your metabolism and get your bodyfat to shed. Hell at 19, you should have turbo metabolism. If not, that should do it.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your efforts

Mikeygas14 is offline Junior Member
    hey is it bad to workout then run
    ? or should u run for 20-30 min then workout???

drock8 is offline New Member
    to mikey, if ur doing cardio directly before or after, do it after, get in a killer workout, then hit cardio. wanna lose fat, try runnin first thing in the morning on a empty stomach, then weights later in the day..good luck bro

Steele is offline Member
    i don't think running is the best way to shed fat. i prefer working in my target heart rate for fat loss. that is 127 beats per minute for me. it seems to be a brisk walk. its what all the pros do to shed fat. and it works for me as well. never do more than an hour.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Superbeast is right. Yes, you can. But it takes a bit more time, and it's healthier on the body overall. You CAN, but most people don't because they want immediate results, I'm one of those people that don't. But if I had the patience that Superbeast had, I would! But I do agree with him and he is right. Same goes for fat loss, if you're looking to get cut, no need for a strict keto diet with some sauce, just make everything slow, aim for a 1lb dropped every 7-10 days and you'll lose that 1lb of fat no problemo (with a good, clean, healthy diet).

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, the cardio, screw it if you're on a Keto diet. Just gonna eat away at valuable muscle. Instead, manipulate the heart rate by using drops/super sets and keep your rest time short to keep your heart pumping. IMO, NO cardio while on a keto. Pointless and that's where the muscle atrophy occurs.

Also, the cardio on an empty stomach in the morning shouldn't be intense, about 65% of your MHR, don't want to misuse your low insulin levels after a night of fasting. Even if you don't do it first thing in the morning, fast for a few hours (5 roughly) and hit it before you head off to bed. As long as your insulin levels are low, you'll be hitting the fat and a MODERATE-LOW intensity level.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    you'll have faster result by splitting it up. It's simple periodization. Although most ppl think of 2 seasons: winter=bulk, summer=cut; i think you'd have better results by splitting it into 4-6 mesocycles.

Thread Information