Thread: The Slingshot Training System

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Why do you train calves before quads?

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667 View Post
    Why do you train calves before quads?
    If you train the quadriceps as hard/intense as you should be, then they be in a weakened state and try to buckle under the load by the time you get around to performing standing calf raises, donkey calf raises and toe presses.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Thanx again. One more Question (One of Many, I will be picking your brain during the Blastphase)
    During the prime since the sets are low can I add more cardio without losing muscle? Maybe 3-4 days a Week 30-40min ?
    Sure thing! Also, you can get by with upwards of 3 days per week during a blast phase but don't over do the duration.

ronnie...will we need to be using more anabolics when going after mass???? or going after cuts?????

anabolian is offline New Member
    Hi Ronnie!

What we can do against joint pains?

selvanus is offline New Member

training system

I recently read your training system, and it makes a lot more sense than what Ive been doing. I also recently met you in gold's gym. i attempted to pm you but for some reason i can't. please email me a [email protected].

selvanus is offline New Member
    Just as a reminder, i am the guy you talked to at the ab machine with another guy. for whatever reason, this account will not let me pm.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    ronnie...will we need to be using more anabolics when going after mass???? or going after cuts?????
    I pulled this from the section where talk about Slingshot Anabolic Cycles-

NOTE: To maintain as much muscle mass as humanly possible you will probably need to use what's considered a very large dosage of steroids to maintain your muscle size and fullness. This means you will need more anabolics to maintain muscle then gain muscle! Some of you reading this won't have to use very large amounts where as others will need to use a whole lot of different drugs to get shredded and maintain what has already been built. Throughout my years as a personal trainer, I've seen a lot of bodybuilders try smaller dosages while dieting down only to end up losing a ton of muscle. Some of you will need to use much larger amounts than your training partner does to maintain muscle mass. Obviously, this is something you'll have to determine on your own. You cannot go by what other board members are recommending because everyone responds differently! One thing I want to stress is that the biggest mistake I have seen during pre-contest is not taking enough anabolics to maintain muscle mass/strength

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I just finished my first RELOAD leg day. Never did that much volume. I think I need to move abs, I had nothing left when I got to them. Would I be better off moving Abs to day A (Chest, Bis) or day D (Shoulders, Tris)?

Split (4 day)
    A-Chest
    -Bis

B-Calves
    -Legs
    -Abs

C-off

D-Shoulders
    -Tris

E-Back
    Traps

F-Off
    G-Off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by selvanus View Post
    I recently read your training system, and it makes a lot more sense than what Ive been doing. I also recently met you in gold's gym. i attempted to pm you but for some reason i can't. please email me a [email protected].
    You need to make some post before being able to send pms. I'll shoot you an e-mail. I talked with your buddy this evening while training shoulders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    I just finished my first RELOAD leg day. Never did that much volume. I think I need to move abs, I had nothing left when I got to them. Would I be better off moving Abs to day A (Chest, Bis) or day D (Shoulders, Tris)?

Split (4 day)
    A-Chest
    -Bis

B-Calves
    -Legs
    -Abs

C-off

D-Shoulders
    -Tris

E-Back
    Traps

F-Off
    G-Off

I would usually say go with shoulder day because you want full strength in the core when doing heavy compound leg exercises like squats. If you train abs the day before legs they will still be recovering and this might interfere with spine stability. However, if you are doing deadlifts on back day, I would do abs after back/bis.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolian View Post
    Hi Ronnie!

What we can do against joint pains?
    Which joints are bothering you? I need to know before providing you with a clear cut answer.

Without knowing your issues I would say up front to slow down the tempo of each repetition, avoid low reps, and use more machines and cables.

From the wrist hand. Now i take Glucosamine & Chondroitin (for about 5 days) and i feel a little bit ok. The pain is not over the forearm, like a few days ago, is isolated around the wrist. Especially when i do biceps and i left the weight down (after i finish the exercise).

I hope i will loose this pain...

Have a great day!

ronnie.... have read studies that prove cycling protein iis a form of true anabolic ...is this how you came up with protein cycling for.... reload..deload???

Blog Entries
    From the wrist hand. Now i take Glucosamine & Chondroitin (for about 5 days) and i feel a little bit ok. The pain is not over the forearm, like a few days ago, is isolated around the wrist. Especially when i do biceps and i left the weight down (after i finish the exercise).

I hope i will loose this pain...

Have a great day!
    I would stop all forms of training for a week and let it heal. Sometimes a wrist brace like a tiger paw can help alot with wrist pain. Which exercise do you think started this pain? I would use ice and rest!

Only on biceps i feel pain. But now, away for a week from winstrol , i feel better. Thanks for your advices.

Right now i am at deload stage of training.
    I train every day, two muscle groups per session, with two exercises for every muscle group and with low reps + heavy weight.

Is it ok if i reduced the amount of carbs in this stage or does not matter?
    Because about two weeks ago, i go with a lot of carbs (before discovering slingshot) when i was on cycle. And everytime i think i got a little percent of body fat.

Now, just a few days of low carbs (i eat only turkey breast, calf, fish, Vegetables and cereals, protein shake with water - not milk) i see impressive results and i want to continue in this way.
    Last edited by anabolian; 05-07-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Only on biceps i feel pain. But now, away for a week from winstrol , i feel better. Thanks for your advices.

I train every day, two muscle groups per session, with two exercises for every muscle group and with low reps + heavy weight.

Because about two weeks ago, i go with a lot of carbs (before discovering slingshot) when i was on cycle. And everytime i think i got a little percent of body fat.

Now, just a few days of low carbs (i eat only turkey breast, calf, fish, Vegetables and cereals, protein shake with water - not milk) i see impressive results and i want to continue in this way.
    Winstrol is known for making people hurt all over..lol..Use cables when training biceps/triceps to ease joint pain.

Yes, you need to reduce carbs and protein during a deload. Keep calories the same by increasing fats through various nuts oils, etc. During a reload you should increase carbs/protein and reduce fats.

You'll need to adjust carbs/fats to meet your metabolic needs. Less fats and carbs are needed if you want to stay leaner while gaining mass.

Blog Entries
    ronnie.... have read studies that prove cycling protein iis a form of true anabolic...is this how you came up with protein cycling for.... reload..deload???
    Protein cycling was being used by olympic athletes back in the 80's! Studies have confirmed that protein cycling does indeed work. Slingshot Training was devised by combining the-best-of-the- best methods and getting away from things of less value.

Blog Entries

Winstrol is known for making people hurt all over..lol..Use cables when training biceps/triceps to ease joint pain.

Yes, you need to reduce carbs and protein during a deload. Keep calories the same by increasing ats through various nuts oils, etc. During a reload you should increase carbs/protein and reduce fats.

You'll need to adjust carbs/fats to meet your metabolic needs. Less fats and carbs are needed if you want to stay leaner while gaining mass.

NOTE: Reaching a sticking point after an extended reload phase is normal. The best way to overcome sticking points is by changing your routine with a deload. The reduced carb/protein intake during a deload will improve insulin sensitity. When more protein/carbs are added during the next reload more amino acids will be accepted by muscle cells!

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    ok ronnie, i am going to post what my current sets per body part are and what i will be doing for the reload/deload program. let me know any thoughts i currently run a 4 day split now with these sets per body part. during the deload i didnt cut the sets
    necessarily in half, but most body parts are near it. i used around 6-8 sets for the smaller muscle groups during the reload and 10-12 for the larger.

you may also be wondering why i chose lower rep ranges. well, since im starting the reload and am introducing a few more sets per body part, i chose to stick to some moderately high reps lliek 8 and during the deload (lower sets), to have more intense low reps to compensate for the sets so i can trigger more white twitch. right now im not cutting per se, but am eating at maintenence using a 40/40/20 split and am having sucess.

*CURRENT SETS PER BODY PART-NOT INCLUDING PREP SETS

BACK-11 SETS
    HAMS-6
    CALVES-3 SUPERSETS
    DELTS-FRONT/MEDIAL-7
    TRAPS-4
    TRICEPS-6
    CORE-3 SUPERSETS
    QUADS/GLUTES-9
    CHEST-9
    BICEPS-6

*RELOAD SETS

BACK-12
    HAMS-8
    CALVES-6
    MEDIAL DELTS-8
    TRAPS-6
    TRICEPS-8
    BICEPS-8
    CORE-6
    QUADS/GLUTES-10
    CHEST-12

*DELOAD SETS

BACK-8
    HAMS-4
    CALVES-3
    MEDIAL DELTS-4
    TRAPS-3
    TRICEPS-5
    BICEPS-4
    CORE-3 SETS
    QUADS/GLUTES-8
    CHEST-6

5 day 1x per week body part (RELOAD FOR 2 WEEKS)

MONDAY-CHEST/CORE
    CHEST(12)

3 SETS FLAT DUMBELL PRESS 6,6,6
    3 SETS DECLINE DUMBELLS-6,6,8
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS-8,8,8
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL FLIES-8,8,8

CORE (6) *CIRCUIT FASHION

(6 SETS) ALL 10,10,10
    DECLINE SITUPS
    OBLIQUE ROTATIONS
    LOWER BACK

TUESDAY- BACK (12)

3 SETS BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS 6,6,8
    3 SETS WIDE LAT PULLDOWN 6,6,8
    3 SETS LOW CABLE ROWS 8,8,12
    3 SETS ONE ARM DUMBELL ROWS 8,8,12

WEDNESDAY-LEGS/CALVES

QUADS/GLUTES (10)

4 BARBELL SQUATS 6,6,12,12
    3 LEG PRESS 8,8,12
    3 LEG EXTENSIONS-8,8,8

HAMS (8)

3 STIFF LEG DEADLIFTS-6,6,12
    3 LYING LEG CURLS-8,8,8
    2 ONE LEGGED-LEG CURLS-12,12

CALVES (6)*NO SUPERSETS
    3 SETS SEATED-8,8,8
    3 STANDING-8,8,8

THURSDAY-OFF

FRIDAY-DELTS/TRIS/CORE CIRCUIT

MEDIAL DELTS (8)
    4 ARNOLD PRESSES-6,6,12,12
    4 UPRIGHT ROWS-8,8,8,8

TRAPS (6)

3 SETS BARBELL SHRUGS-6,6,12
    3 SETS DUMBELL SHRUGS-8,8,8

CORE CIRUIT (6)

(6 SETS) ALL 10,10,10
    DECLINE SITUPS
    OBLIQUE ROTATIONS
    LOWER BACK

SATURDAY-BIS/TRIS/CALVES

TRICEPS (8) *DO WARMUP SET

3 OVERHEAD DUMBELLS-8,8,8
    3 REVERSE TRICEP EXT-8,8,8
    2 ONE ARM CABLES-10,10

BICEPS (8)

3 SETS STANDING BARBELL CURLS-6,6,12
    3 SETS INCLINE CURLS-8,8,8
    2 SETS ROPE CURLS-10,10

CALVES (6)*NO SUPERSETS

3 SETS SEATED-8,8,8
    3 STANDING-8,8,8

*CARDIO 3-5X/WEEKKLY 30 MIN 60-65% HR IMMEDIATELY AFTER WORKOUT
    SUPPLEMENTED WITH 5G BCAA’S PRIOR TO CARDIO

3X PER WEEK WORKOUT (DELOAD FOR 1 WEEK)

M-CHEST/BACK/ABS/CALVES

CHEST (6)

3 SETS FLAT DUMBELL PRESS-6,6,6
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS-6,6,12

BACK (8)

3 SETS BARBELL ROWS-6,6,8
    3 SETS WIDE LAT PULLDOWN-6,6,8
    2 SETS TRIANGLE PULLDOWNS-8,8

CALVES (SUPERSET ALL 3)

STANDING/SEATED-8,8,8

T-OFF

WED-DELTS, TRIS, BIS

MEDIAL DELTS-(4)

4 SETS UPRIGHT ROWS-8,8,8,12

TRICEPS (5)

3 SETS ROPE EXTENSION-8,8,8

2 SETS ONE ARM CABLE-8,8

R-OFF

FRI-LEGS/CALVES/TRAPS/ABS

QUADS/GLUTES (8)

3 SETS BARBELL SQUATS-6,6,12

3 SETS LEG PRESS-6,6,12

2 SETS LEG EXT-8,8

HAMS (3)

3 SETS LEG CURLS-8,8,8

CALVES (SUPERSET ALL 3)
    STANDING/SEATED-8,8,8

TRAPS (3)

3 BARBELL SHRUGS-6,6,6

Thank you very much!
    I really appreciate that you can take care of us.
    Right now i try to surprise my body with various exercises while keeping the stress at a high level.
    I hope the results will be great.

ronnie...is it the deloads... or.... primes we need to be doing to bump insulin sensitivity???

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I pulled this from the section where talk about Slingshot Anabolic Cycles-

NOTE: To maintain as much muscle mass as humanly possible you will probably need to use what's considered a very large dosage of steroids to maintain your muscle size and fullness. This means you will need more anabolics to maintain muscle then gain muscle! Some of you reading this won't have to use very large amounts where as others will need to use a whole lot of different drugs to get shredded and maintain what has already been built. Throughout my years as a personal trainer, I've seen a lot of bodybuilders try smaller dosages while dieting down only to end up losing a ton of muscle. Some of you will need to use much larger amounts than your training partner does to maintain muscle mass. Obviously, this is something you'll have to determine on your own. You cannot go by what other board members are recommending because everyone responds differently! One thing I want to stress is that the biggest mistake I have seen during pre-contest is not taking enough anabolics to maintain muscle mass/strength
    interesting ronnie...i was always told less gear was needed while dieting down...why is it that more is needed during a cut????

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    From my basic knowledge it would be because your reduced calorie diet while cutting.

Blog Entries
    ronnie...is it the deloads... or.... primes we need to be doing to bump insulin sensitivity???
    Vince, the deloads will help keep you from becoming insulin resistant over the long haul. I cannot stress enough how important it is to deload!

The prime is simply a safety net training phases used to over restore over-training of the nervous system, provide relief to sore joints and help lose some body fat in the process (if need be) by increasing cardio and or decreasing calories. Less weight training coupled with less protein creates a controlled catbaolic state which produces a more rapid training effect when entering back into a blast. A prime is a very individualistic thing. Some may need to do a 1 week prime every 8 weeks where as others can go 6 months or longer before reverting to a prime. Obviously, the strength of your joints and your recovery abilities will be the determining factors in how frequent a prime is to be utilized!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carter2186 View Post
    From my basic knowledge it would be because your reduced calorie diet while cutting.
    That's it!

Blog Entries
    interesting ronnie...i was always told less gear was needed while dieting down...why is it that more is needed during a cut????
    When your body is in a calorie deficit by way of a calorie restricted diet and/or extra cardio, the body releases tons of cortisol (a muscle eating hormone). Therefore, it takes more anabolics to prevent loss of muscle while in this catabolic state. When you are eating at maintenance level or above, the body will remain anabolic with less drugs.

Note: I've seen some people who could maintain most of their muscle using only 500 mgs of test per week, while others have lost muscle on 500 mgs of test in addition to taking 75 mgs of tren eod. It really does vary that much amongst individuals. That's why it's a waste of time to ask any board member (regardless of their size and experience) questions about dosages they cannot possible answer with 100% accuracy. We can provide a general baseline and nothing more. Doctors refer to it as practicing medicine for a reason!

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    ok ronnie, i am going to post what my current sets per body part are and what i will be doing for the reload/deload program. let me know any thoughts i currently run a 4 day split now with these sets per body part. during the deload i didnt cut the sets
    necessarily in half, but most body parts are near it. i used around 6-8 sets for the smaller muscle groups during the reload and 10-12 for the larger.

you may also be wondering why i chose lower rep ranges. well, since im starting the reload and am introducing a few more sets per body part, i chose to stick to some moderately high reps lliek 8 and during the deload (lower sets), to have more intense low reps to compensate for the sets so i can trigger more white twitch. right now im not cutting per se, but am eating at maintenence using a 40/40/20 split and am having sucess.

*CURRENT SETS PER BODY PART-NOT INCLUDING PREP SETS

BACK-11 SETS
    HAMS-6
    CALVES-3 SUPERSETS
    DELTS-FRONT/MEDIAL-7
    TRAPS-4
    TRICEPS-6
    CORE-3 SUPERSETS
    QUADS/GLUTES-9
    CHEST-9
    BICEPS-6

*RELOAD SETS

BACK-12
    HAMS-8
    CALVES-6
    MEDIAL DELTS-8
    TRAPS-6
    TRICEPS-8
    BICEPS-8
    CORE-6
    QUADS/GLUTES-10
    CHEST-12

*DELOAD SETS

BACK-8
    HAMS-4
    CALVES-3
    MEDIAL DELTS-4
    TRAPS-3
    TRICEPS-5
    BICEPS-4
    CORE-3 SETS
    QUADS/GLUTES-8
    CHEST-6

5 day 1x per week body part (RELOAD FOR 2 WEEKS)

MONDAY-CHEST/CORE
    CHEST(12)

3 SETS FLAT DUMBELL PRESS 6,6,6
    3 SETS DECLINE DUMBELLS-6,6,8
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS-8,8,8
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL FLIES-8,8,8

CORE (6) *CIRCUIT FASHION

(6 SETS) ALL 10,10,10
    DECLINE SITUPS
    OBLIQUE ROTATIONS
    LOWER BACK

TUESDAY- BACK (12)

3 SETS BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS 6,6,8
    3 SETS WIDE LAT PULLDOWN 6,6,8
    3 SETS LOW CABLE ROWS 8,8,12
    3 SETS ONE ARM DUMBELL ROWS 8,8,12

WEDNESDAY-LEGS/CALVES

QUADS/GLUTES (10)

4 BARBELL SQUATS 6,6,12,12
    3 LEG PRESS 8,8,12
    3 LEG EXTENSIONS-8,8,8

HAMS (8)

3 STIFF LEG DEADLIFTS-6,6,12
    3 LYING LEG CURLS-8,8,8
    2 ONE LEGGED-LEG CURLS-12,12

CALVES (6)*NO SUPERSETS
    3 SETS SEATED-8,8,8
    3 STANDING-8,8,8

THURSDAY-OFF

FRIDAY-DELTS/TRIS/CORE CIRCUIT

MEDIAL DELTS (8)
    4 ARNOLD PRESSES-6,6,12,12
    4 UPRIGHT ROWS-8,8,8,8

TRAPS (6)

3 SETS BARBELL SHRUGS-6,6,12
    3 SETS DUMBELL SHRUGS-8,8,8

CORE CIRUIT (6)

(6 SETS) ALL 10,10,10
    DECLINE SITUPS
    OBLIQUE ROTATIONS
    LOWER BACK

SATURDAY-BIS/TRIS/CALVES

TRICEPS (8) *DO WARMUP SET

3 OVERHEAD DUMBELLS-8,8,8
    3 REVERSE TRICEP EXT-8,8,8
    2 ONE ARM CABLES-10,10

BICEPS (8)

3 SETS STANDING BARBELL CURLS-6,6,12
    3 SETS INCLINE CURLS-8,8,8
    2 SETS ROPE CURLS-10,10

CALVES (6)*NO SUPERSETS

3 SETS SEATED-8,8,8
    3 STANDING-8,8,8

*CARDIO 3-5X/WEEKKLY 30 MIN 60-65% HR IMMEDIATELY AFTER WORKOUT
    SUPPLEMENTED WITH 5G BCAA’S PRIOR TO CARDIO

3X PER WEEK WORKOUT (DELOAD FOR 1 WEEK)

M-CHEST/BACK/ABS/CALVES

CHEST (6)

3 SETS FLAT DUMBELL PRESS-6,6,6
    3 SETS INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS-6,6,12

BACK (8)

3 SETS BARBELL ROWS-6,6,8
    3 SETS WIDE LAT PULLDOWN-6,6,8
    2 SETS TRIANGLE PULLDOWNS-8,8

CALVES (SUPERSET ALL 3)

STANDING/SEATED-8,8,8

T-OFF

WED-DELTS, TRIS, BIS

MEDIAL DELTS-(4)

4 SETS UPRIGHT ROWS-8,8,8,12

TRICEPS (5)

3 SETS ROPE EXTENSION-8,8,8

2 SETS ONE ARM CABLE-8,8

R-OFF

FRI-LEGS/CALVES/TRAPS/ABS

QUADS/GLUTES (8)

3 SETS BARBELL SQUATS-6,6,12

3 SETS LEG PRESS-6,6,12

2 SETS LEG EXT-8,8

HAMS (3)

3 SETS LEG CURLS-8,8,8

CALVES (SUPERSET ALL 3)
    STANDING/SEATED-8,8,8

TRAPS (3)

3 BARBELL SHRUGS-6,6,6
    Eveything looks good except a few things-

1) No super sets for calves! Train them hard and heavy just like your quads for maximum size/density.

2) You;ll want to add more lat width work and start with lat width exercises unless they are over powering your lat width muscles. Try 2-3 different exercises that work the width muscles. I generally do just as many sets for lat width as lat thickness. It will really help your wing-span!

3) You have too many reps in the 6 rep-range. You could keep the 6 rep-sets in during the reload but I would change those sets to 12 rep-sets during deloads to spare the joints/cns.

Now my joint pains is gone (left only 20% of the pain and disconfort).
    The only thing that concern me is the cycle that i adopted:

Now i'm in the 4th week, i lost a lot of bodyfat and i keep my weight around 102-103 kg.
    My cycle is this:

Week 1-8: 500mg Sustanon (In fact is Sustamed, a new brand from Eastern Europe)
    50mg Trenbolone Acetat every day
    Also i'm at deload stage (heavy weight, 2 muscle groups/session/2 trainings on week for every muscle group, low reps, 6 days/week)

Week 9-12: 500mg Primobolan
    Winstrol 50mg every day
    Reload stage (moderate weight, one muscle group/session, one training per week, high reps, 6 days/week)

I should increase, change or ad any other compound?
    Last edited by anabolian; 05-12-2009 at 02:25 AM.

ronnie...during carbing up phase for show like yourself is about to endeavour...can various testosterones be kept in until show... or must it be removed...from water retention??

Blog Entries
    Now my joint pains is gone (left only 20% of the pain and disconfort).
    The only thing that concern me is the cycle that i adopted:

Now i'm in the 4th week, i lost a lot of bodyfat and i keep my weight around 102-103 kg.
    My cycle is this:

Week 1-8: 500mg Sustanon (In fact is Sustamed, a new brand from Eastern Europe)
    50mg Trenbolone Acetat every day
    Also i'm at deload stage (heavy weight, 2 muscle groups/session/2 trainings on week for every muscle group, low reps, 6 days/week)

Week 9-12: 500mg Primobolan
    Winstrol 50mg every day
    Reload stage (moderate weight, one muscle group/session, one training per week, high reps, 6 days/week)

I should increase, change or ad any other compound?
    You should run the test for the entire 12 weeks. Test should always remain as the base (even when other compounds are being rotated). You will get better results keeping the tren in during weeks 9-12 as well.

Thanks a lot! I will keep them all, as you can say.

when carbing up for a show...is the pre-three day load or preloading week before best?

Blog Entries
    when carbing up for a show...is the pre-three day load or preloading week before best?
    I cannot give an accurate answer to this question because it varies amongst individuals. I can tell you this much-I tend to do better carbing up earlier in the week to load glycogen levels while allowing water to dissapate before the show. For me it's a more consistent approach but I still add some salt/fats/carbs morning of show (pizza) to make sure water stays in my muscles and aldosterone levels are kept low.

RoaringMad Mac is offline New Member
    Ronnie we need updates from this past week-end.

is carb cycling neccesary.....during off season reload???

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
    Ronnie we need updates from this past week-end.
    You have mail..Pics sent your way! Been extremely busy with work and getting ready for a second show in 2 weeks.

I called Matt and helped him with his contest prep! He's way ahead of schedule and is doing a massive high gi carb load as we speak to see how well he fills out and how many days it takes for the water to leave.

Blog Entries

Wink

is carb cycling neccesary.....during off season reload???
    No, but it's a good idea as it helps with gaining weight if you have a fast metabolic rate. I also like it for those with a slow metabolic rate as well because re-feeding increases leptin levels which increases anabolism. The key is to keep fat intake very low during carb up days as having higher insulin levels will increase dietary fat transport towards adipose tissue. You'll need to reduce protein to around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and only increase calories on these two carb up days if needed to gain weight. If no weight gain is needed (meaning you have a slow metabolism or do not wsh to gain weight) stay at maintenance level.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland;464***9
    No, but it's a good idea as it helps with gaining weight if you have a fast metabolic rate. I also like it for those with a slow metabolic rate as well because re-feeding increases leptin levels which increases anabolism. The key is to keep fat intake very low during carb up days as having higher insulin levels will increase dietary fat transport towards adipose tissue. You'll need to reduce protein to around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and only increase calories on these two carb up days if needed to gain weight. If no weight gain is needed (meaning you have a slow metabolism or do not wsh to gain weight) stay at maintenance level.
    makes a lot of sense..thanks ronnie........

i am making my best gains doing 8 weeks of once a week body part training.... alternated with 8 weeks of twice a week body part training......is this the norm???

thank you tons!!!!

ronnie...i want to publicly give my thanks for you...my past experience with personal trainers...has not been as keen as your free slingshot training...i hope i am not asking to many questions???

my workout partner has put on 12 pounds of lean mass since we began your slingshot...he wanted me to send thanks your way..he will join up when he has computer access......

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information