Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Slingshot Training System

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    just read your STS training ronnie. i read it a long time ago. to be honest i didn't understand it, so therefore i assumed it will not be suitable. for me.
    BUT
    i have read this all and read over it again till i understood it. and my choice is to give this training a shot will start prime tomorrow and give this my 100%.

your same prime training and blast training is what i will be using only with very minor adjustments.

gotta admit i was doing a lot more sets. so maybe cuting back is what i need for growth. i could of been over training and not knowing this.

thanks for all this information ronnie. much apprecaited. as i can see how much time and effort has gone into this.

thanks again.
    I'm hoping to come up with the attention span as well to be able to read and fully understand it. There is a lot of information to read and no doubt it is quality information.

Good luck on getting started!

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^^ so very true, so much to read let alone trying to understand it all.

thanks i'll give it my best shot.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    Thanks Ronnie,

I'm getting and email put together for you
    I got your e-mail. I had a long day at the gym today. Will get back with you tommorrow on where to begin.

After looking at your picture, I think you have a lot of potential...I'll help get you on the right track!

Blog Entries

Wink

just read your STS training ronnie. i read it a long time ago. to be honest i didn't understand it, so therefore i assumed it will not be suitable. for me.
    BUT
    i have read this all and read over it again till i understood it. and my choice is to give this training a shot will start prime tomorrow and give this my 100%.

your same prime training and blast training is what i will be using only with very minor adjustments.

gotta admit i was doing a lot more sets. so maybe cuting back is what i need for growth. i could of been over training and not knowing this.

thanks for all this information ronnie. much apprecaited. as i can see how much time and effort has gone into this.

thanks again.
    I simplified the Slingshot Training thread so that it would be easier for everyone to understand.

Yes, it's very easy to over-train and not even realize it. That's why people who have been doing higher volume and switch over to lower volume start seeing gains again. Low volume teaches you to push the intensity and it helps increase strength because the CNS is given ample time to fully recover.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I got your e-mail. I had a long day at the gym today. Will get back with you tommorrow on where to begin.

After looking at your picture, I think you have a lot of potential...I'll help get you on the right track!
    Thanks Ronnie, I appreciate it!

I simplified the Slingshot Training thread so that it would be easier for everyone to understand.

Yes, it's very easy to over-train and not even realize it. That's why people who have been doing higher volume and switch over to lower volume start seeing gains again. Low volume teaches you to push the intensity and it helps increase strength because the CNS is given ample time to fully recover.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am here to help
    !

thanks ronnie. i might just take you up on this offer
    Last edited by t-gunz; 07-13-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: can't spell lol

Blog Entries

Wink

Everyone please hang in there! I have been hit hard with pms and e-mails. I will try to finish answering them by tommorrow night.

thank you,

Ronnie

Everyone please hang in there! I have been hit hard with pms and e-mails. I will try to finish answering them by tommorrow night.

thank you,

Ronnie
    No rush Ronnie, we appreciate any time you can contribute!! Thanks for all you do!

Sts

check your pm ronnie
    Last edited by t-gunz; 07-22-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: delete

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    No rush Ronnie, we appreciate any time you can contribute!! Thanks for all you do!

so very true!!!

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    just read your STS training ronnie. i read it a long time ago. to be honest i didn't understand it, so therefore i assumed it will not be suitable. for me. BUT

thanks again.
    I had the same problem. I got halfway through reading it and really had no idea what was going on. After reading everyone on the forums positive feedback on STS after trying it, no doubt it really does work. I'm going to have to have another try at making sense out of it all.

Good luck and let us know how it goes mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    I had the same problem. I got halfway through reading it and really had no idea what was going on. After reading everyone on the forums positive feedback on STS after trying it, no doubt it really does work. I'm going to have to have another try at making sense out of it all.

yeah alot to understand

nudge me when your on msn so i know your on lol

also can moderate intensity be a fast walk?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    yeah alot to understand

nudge me when your on msn so i know your on lol
    Will do, chat to you soon mate

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    interesting read, i have spent the last few days understanding STS.
    i already train in this order and will continue to do so:

monday: chest, bi's, forearms
    tuesday: legs, claves, abbs
    wednesday: rest
    thursday: shoulders, tri's, abbs
    friday: back, traps

1) my biceps are lacking so i now train them on friday aswell after back, traps. does this sound good or should i be training them again at a different time / day?

2) im going to start off this week with prime. prime and deload seem similar just that prime weeks use lighter weight- more reps?

3) is the first working set of compound movements the only time ever where 4-6 rep ranges are used? i was thinking of using 10-12 reps during reload then 4-6 reps during deload, is that ok?

thanks.

Blog Entries

Smile Thursday!

I plan to catch up on all pms, etc by thursday night. As always, thank you for your patience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post

Training wise its really very simple. Your going to blast for as long as possible. The blast is defined by two training cycles. The first training cycle is a reload (higher volume training phase). The second training cycle is a (lower volume training phase). You alternate back and forth between a reload and deload. Doing this gives you the best of both worlds-high volume and low volume training.

Reloads are kept to a 4 week maximum. Deloads are kept to a 2 week maximum. I tend to make my best gains following a 4 week reload alternated with a 1 week deload or a 2 week reload alternated with a 1 week deload.

Blog Entries
    also can moderate intensity be a fast walk?
    Yes if its on an inclined treadmill. You could aim to get your heart rate up to around 130 or so when striving for moderate intensity.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    interesting read, i have spent the last few days understanding STS.
    i already train in this order and will continue to do so:

monday: chest, bi's, forearms
    tuesday: legs, claves, abbs
    wednesday: rest
    thursday: shoulders, tri's, abbs
    friday: back, traps

1) my biceps are lacking so i now train them on friday aswell after back, traps. does this sound good or should i be training them again at a different time / day? The way you have it set up looks good but keep in mind that most make their best gains in bicep size by training them once a week for 9-12 intense work sets. My gut instinct is to train them once a week for starters after chest and use less weight and stricter form. The biggest problem I have seen with people training biceps is trying to use too much weight in hopes it will make them bigger. If training them once a week as I suggested does not work, then try training your biceps twice a week as a baseline and see if they do better or worse.

2) im going to start off this week with prime. prime and deload seem similar just that prime weeks use lighter weight- more reps? With the prime you use lighter weights and you lower the training intensity. During a deload you train with the same intensity as a reload even though the sets are decreased.

3) is the first working set of compound movements the only time ever where 4-6 rep ranges are used? YES i was thinking of using 10-12 reps during reload then 4-6 reps during deload, is that ok? Do not ever use 4-6 reps on isolation exercises because it will most likely cause permanent joint damage.
    thanks.
    Very good questions! Answers above in bold.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Thanks Ronnie

tallyjuice is offline Member
    Hi Ronnie. I have read a little more than half of your book and it really is a great read. I'm in my third year of law school in Georgia and have started showing some of my class mates the system. We all understand the training protocol, but the dieting sections seem somewhat hard to follow. I saw you have a cliff notes section for training. Do you have one for dieting? Also, I made a somewhat formatted copy of you slingshot training system (the least I could do for you giving us all that great knowledge). I would like to e-mail it to you becuase this will not allow me to attach a file that size. Can you pm me with an e-mail addy?

Sunday, monday, tuesday, thursday, friday ("Low" carb days - 5 days a week)

300g protein
    250g carbs
    125g fat
    3200kcals

Wednesday - Carbup (Clean day)

300g protein
    500g carbs
    100g fat
    4000kcals

Saturday (Carbup day + cheat meal (1-2 meals)

300g protein
    500g carbs
    200g fat
    5000kcals

Food choices:

Carbs:

- Oatmeal
    - Rice/Quinoa
    - Whole wheat pasta
    - Whole wheat bread (Ezekiel)
    - Fruit
    - Agave Nectar
    - Stevia (Doesn’t Count)

Protein source:

- Chicken
    - Eggs
    - Beef
    - Fish
    - Protein powders (Casein, whey, gemma)

Fat source:

- The fats in all the meat, and in the egg.. ofcourse
    - Avocado
    - Extra virgin olive oil
    -Natural Peanut Butter

Supplements:

- Trenadrol (Kilosports)
    - Sus500 (Genetic Edge)
    - Creatine
    - Liv- 52
    - Nolva/Clomid post cycle

Meal planning throughout the day during reload:

1: Carb/Pro/Fat (Hyperinsulemia meal)
    2: Fat/Pro
    3: Fat/Pro
    4: Carb/Pro

- Training -

5: Pro/carb ( Dextrose (65g carbs)/Whey (37g protein)/Skim Milk(36g carbs,24g protein) Post-Workout)
    6: Pro/Fat (Whey, Peanut Butter)

Is this correct? My maintenance is 2700. How would my macros and the meal plan above change during my deload? Prime? I am just so confused by this diet. Thanks so much Ronnie.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tallyjuice View Post
    Hi Ronnie. I have read a little more than half of your book and it really is a great read. I'm in my third year of law school in Georgia and have started showing some of my class mates the system. We all understand the training protocol, but the dieting sections seem somewhat hard to follow. I saw you have a cliff notes section for training. Do you have one for dieting? Also, I made a somewhat formatted copy of you slingshot training system (the least I could do for you giving us all that great knowledge). I would like to e-mail it to you becuase this will not allow me to attach a file that size. Can you pm me with an e-mail addy?
    Sounds like you live not that far away from me!

In regards to dieting to put on mass the main objective is to take in 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight during reloads. When you deload simply cut protein intake by about half and replace it with fats, carbs or both inorder to remain at maintenance level.

There are 3 different ways to employ the slingshot mass diet. The key is to keep fats and carbs seprated for the most part regardless of the method you choose.

Method # 1)

Sample 6 for eating meals per day
    meal 1-p/c
    meal 2-p/f
    meal 3-p/c
    meal 4-p/f
    meal 5-p/c
    meal 6-p/c (Note: carbs are cut off before bed time)

Method # 2)

Sample 6 for eating meals per day

meal 1-p/c
    meal 2-p/c
    meal 3-p/c
    meal 4-p/f
    meal 5-p/f
    meal 6-p/f (Note: carbs are cut off before bed time)

Method # 3)

Alternate a low carb days with a high carb day inorder to control body fat levels and bloat.

Blog Entries

Question

Sunday, monday, tuesday, thursday, friday ("Low" carb days - 5 days a week)

300g protein
    250g carbs
    125g fat
    3200kcals

Wednesday - Carbup (Clean day)

300g protein
    500g carbs
    100g fat
    4000kcals

Saturday (Carbup day + cheat meal (1-2 meals)

300g protein
    500g carbs
    200g fat
    5000kcals

Food choices:

Carbs:

- Oatmeal
    - Rice/Quinoa
    - Whole wheat pasta
    - Whole wheat bread (Ezekiel)
    - Fruit
    - Agave Nectar
    - Stevia (Doesn’t Count)

Protein source:

- Chicken
    - Eggs
    - Beef
    - Fish
    - Protein powders (Casein, whey, gemma)

Fat source:

- The fats in all the meat, and in the egg.. ofcourse
    - Avocado
    - Extra virgin olive oil
    -Natural Peanut Butter

Supplements:

- Trenadrol (Kilosports)
    - Sus500 (Genetic Edge)
    - Creatine
    - Liv- 52
    - Nolva/Clomid post cycle

Meal planning throughout the day during reload:

1: Carb/Pro/Fat (Hyperinsulemia meal)
    2: Fat/Pro
    3: Fat/Pro
    4: Carb/Pro

- Training -

5: Pro/carb ( Dextrose (65g carbs)/Whey (37g protein)/Skim Milk(36g carbs,24g protein) Post-Workout)
    6: Pro/Fat (Whey, Peanut Butter)

Is this correct? My maintenance is 2700. How would my macros and the meal plan above change during my deload? Prime? I am just so confused by this diet. Thanks so much Ronnie.
    I need to know one question before I can answer your questions-"are you trying to cut or gain size"?

I need to know one question before I can answer your questions-"are you trying to cut or gain size"?
    Gain Mass brother!

Also, I know you just said to seperate carb and fats in meals, but what about a breakfast hyperinsulemia meal?

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Hey Ronnie, was wonder what you think of my routine using your slingshot routine during the blast phase of the reloading part of it? How would you change up the deload part of this routine? Thanks in advance

Reload

Chest/Bi's Monday

Bench press
    prep set 6-8 rep
    1st heavy set 4-6
    2nd 8-10
    3rd 8-10
    4th 12-15

Incline bench press
    3set 8-10

Dumbbell press
    3set 8-10

Wide barbell curl
    3set 8-10

Close grip preacher curl
    3set 8-10

Dumbbell curls
    3set 8-10

Quads/Ham's/calf/abs Tuesday

Squat
    Prep 6-8
    1st heavy 4-6
    2nd 8-10
    3rd 8-10
    4th 8-10

Leg press
    3set 8-10

leg extension
    3set 8-10

lying leg curl
    3set 8-10

seated leg curl
    3set 8-10

standing calf raise
    4set 8-10

seated calf raise
    4set 8-10

weighted ab crunch
    3set 8-10

leg raise
    3set till failure

Wednesday off

Shoulder's/Tri's Thursday

Standing barbell press overhead

prep set 6-8
    1st heavy 4-6
    2nd 8-10
    3rd 8-10
    4th 12-15

Dumbbell press
    4set 8-10

lateral cable raise
    3set 8-10

Close grip Bench press
    4set 8-10

Skull crushers
    3set 8-10

Rope pull-down
    3set 8-10

Back/Trap/Rear delt Friday

Dead-lifts
    prep 6-8
    1st heavy 4-6
    2nd 8-10
    3rd 8-10

Wide grip pull-ups palm facing away
    4set 8-10

Pull-ups palm facing each other
    3set 8-10

Barbell bent over row
    4set 8-10

Close grip cable row
    3set 8-10

Reverse Fly's
    4set 8-10

Front barbell shrugs
    3set 8-10

Reverse barbell shrugs
    3set 8-10

Saturday/Sunday Off Routine not including warm-ups.

Blog Entries
    Also, I know you just said to seperate carb and fats in meals, but what about a breakfast hyperinsulemia meal?
    Let me try and make sense of the once a day hyperinsulinemia meal. I think most know that Dave Palumbo was known for going to McDonalds once a day and eating fries and burgers for his once a day hyperinsulinemia meal. The rest consisted of sepearting carbs and fats to a large degree. Dave's fast metabolism allowed him to eat a large meal composed of high calories and fats/carbs on a daily basis. Obvioulsy, not everyone has the metabolic rate to do this. But, if you do have a fast metabolism I would take in this meal either for breakfast in the form of whole eggs and pancakes/waffles or during an evening meal post workout. Some have such a slow metabolic rate they have to limit hyperinsulin meals to 1-3 times per week.

When trying to gain mass you need carbs. Read the following link and it will help- Steroids and protein intake.

Let me know if this clears things up.

Blog Entries

Smile Photo from recent show

As promised here's a photo from my show done back in june. I'll post more of me and some of my wife in the members picture section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Slingshot Training System-ronnies-double-bicep-pose.jpg  

whoa nice brother

htfu^Pheer is offline New Member
    looks like excellent read and i plan on reading it...

one question.

is their any way u can put this into a word document...downloadable file or something to save me from copying and pasting the entire document and printing it out so i can read this in my own time.

thanks

just copy and paste it mate. i haven't seen a PDF format of this.

its like 100 + pages ><

yeah only take you 5 mins it's boring though doing it.

CaliPhotog is offline Associate Member
    I have just stayed up waaaaay to late reading through all this and I have to say that I am SUPER excited to give this a try. As soon as I finish up my current program I am going to jump on to this. Ronnie, thank you so much for taking the time to help us out and for taking the time to post this up. Your system sounds amazing and I know that it will yield some great results.

well i read through the WHOLE thing.
    took a while.
    i can honestly say it all went over the top of me. i barely understand what any of it meant...thats cos im new.

with the Gym i am going to join the coming weeks i get a free session with a personal trainer. if i were to say to them i want to go on a slingshot training system would they know wat i am talking about?

or should i just give them a link to this site and say...this is what i want to do.

i have watched the Milo Sarcev videos and have got a couple of his DVD's on order and in the process of designing a diet.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by htfu^Pheer View Post
    well i read through the WHOLE thing.
    took a while.
    i can honestly say it all went over the top of me. i barely understand what any of it meant...thats cos im new.

with the Gym i am going to join the coming weeks i get a free session with a personal trainer. if i were to say to them i want to go on a slingshot training system would they know wat i am talking about?

or should i just give them a link to this site and say...this is what i want to do.

i have watched the Milo Sarcev videos and have got a couple of his DVD's on order and in the process of designing a diet.
    Many personal trainers specialize in metabolic workouts as opposed to bodybuilding workouts. Let me explain this thing in simple terms:

1) Start by doing a 4 day split training each body part once a week.
    2) Do 8-12 intense worksets for each body part for 4-8 weeks. This is called a reload and the reload should be as long as your anabolic cycle given it does not exceed 8 weeks. After the 4-8 weeks is completed reduce intense work sets by half (4-6 sets) while still training each body part once a week on a 4 day split. This is called a deload. Follow the deload for only 1 week then go back to reloading for another 4-8 weeks and continue protocol until you start feeling over-trained. Let me know when you hit a plateau and we will have you do some twice a week training for a period of time if desired.
    IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Thank You!

I made some amazing progress in the past 15 months with STS. I also designed a routine for my girlfriend using STS. People are noticing the results. You the man!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Slingshot Training System-back.jpg   The Slingshot Training System-back2.jpg  
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 09-03-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I made some amazing progress in the past 15 months with STS. I also designed a routine for my girlfriend using STS. People are noticing the results. You the man!
    .... WOW.....THAT IS SOME TRANSFORMATION F4iGuy!!!

Nothing pleases me more than seeing others succeed in what they love doing the most...Keep doing whatever it is your are doing because it's working...I can see a big difference in your whole upper body and your lats are becoming down right HUGE!

take care,

Ronnie

Hey ronnie..what are the pros and cons of 4,6 and 8 weeks cycles vs 12???

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information