HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned

Question Cardio on LEGS day?

If I do cardio 5x/week and my legs day is on Wednesday, should I do my cardio before my leg workout or still try and get it in after?

After my legs are usually extremely sore (especially since I wasn't working out legs before and just added them into my regimine).

Thanks!

Just to clarify I do cardio Mon-Friday. Saturday & Sunday are my off/rest days although I do sometimes throw cardio in there on the weekends too.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i usually dont do cardio pwo on leg day. i would rather do it in the morn or b4 bed.

Yea I figured thats what most people response would be but I like to get my workout done all in one session. I guess I'll do low intensity on leg days post workout.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    I dont do cardio on legs day. My legs are so pumped from doing heavy squats.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    i sometimes do a bit of cardio after to stretch them out a bit, but definitely isn't easy, esp if they're shaky

Anybody considered moving legs to Friday so they have the weekend to rest them from cardio? This is assuming you do cardio Monday-Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Anybody considered moving legs to Friday so they have the weekend to rest them from cardio? This is assuming you do cardio Monday-Friday.
    You would still be doing them the same day as legs no matter how much rest you give them.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    I dont do cardio on legs day. My legs are so pumped from doing heavy squats.
    Agreed, If your leg workouts are as intense as they should be, then you should not be doing am cardio on that day, and there is NO WAY IN HELL youd be doing cardio afterward. I barely want to walk up my stairs when I get home from leg day.

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    I do 30 to 45 minutes post workout on non-leg, training days. Very low intensity for 15 - 20 min on leg day.

FrankieJJ23 is offline Banned
    i do cardio everyday before and after, on leg days i don't have a problem. I guess it depends on your endurance and how soild your quads are. Im a catcher so it doesn't bother me

Do some heavy ass squats and some leg presses. Id be surprised you'd want to do cardio or just be glad you made it to the car to get home

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJJ23 View Post
    i do cardio everyday before and after, on leg days i don't have a problem. I guess it depends on your endurance and how soild your quads are. Im a catcher so it doesn't bother me
    LOL! No problem with my quads guy. Like Adam said do heavy squats, heavy leg press, heavy stiff deads. Honestly if you can still do cardio after that your intensity sucks. Most people you ask, when they're cutting will do cardio six days a week, legs being the off day.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    LOL! No problem with my quads guy. Like Adam said do heavy squats, heavy leg press, heavy stiff deads. Honestly if you can still do cardio after that your intensity sucks. Most people you ask, when they're cutting will do cardio six days a week, legs being the off day.
    I do cardio after legs and I can squat with the best...

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    If I do cardio 5x/week and my legs day is on Wednesday, should I do my cardio before my leg workout or still try and get it in after?

After my legs are usually extremely sore (especially since I wasn't working out legs before and just added them into my regimine).

Thanks!

I do cardio same day as legs. It is actually easier than the next day for sure.. the next day is really hard on cardio and I usually have to give it a rest that day... then, the 2nd day out it is still a little rough but I can manage cardio....same day they still feel warmed up.

I guess everyone is different. when I say i do em same day I mean immediatley after legs I do cardio.... If i were to wait till later I doubt it for sure... I also read somewhere that Tom Platz use to go on a long 20 mile bike ride after his intense leg workout...IDK

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I skip the cardio pwo on leg days. I admit I do about a 10-15 minute warm up on the stationary bike, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I do cardio same day as legs. It is actually easier than the next day for sure.. the next day is really hard on cardio and I usually have to give it a rest that day... then, the 2nd day out it is still a little rough but I can manage cardio....same day they still feel warmed up.

I guess everyone is different. when I say i do em same day I mean immediatley after legs I do cardio.... If i were to wait till later I doubt it for sure... I also read somewhere that Tom Platz use to go on a long 20 mile bike ride after his intense leg workout...IDK
    I hear ya, it is def different for everybody, bc I make sure to do AM cardio the day after legs, helps flush out the lactic acid so I dont get so sore.

I'll just do low intensity (walk on incline) post workout on leg days and HIIT on the other 4 days then.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    I also do cardio PWO on leg days. My little chicken legs normaly dont have a prob running a lil bit. I also go back and do 1 more Light weight high rep set on the leg extension and leg curl after cardio. just to really finish them off.

Thread Information