Thread: delt workout

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

delt workout

I need a good delt workout, i want my delts to be bigger and like sticking out. My delt workout is on fridays, i have db shoulders, military press, db incline, db forward raises and db side raises. what should i throw in there to stimulate the growth more? And for muscle mass should i go heavy until failure then finish it off wth something lighter or what?

edubs8 is offline New Member
    Hey bro im also big on delts i work out 4 days a week mon,tue,thu,fri,. I use to blast my delts on thursday but when i switched up my rotine and did them monday they popped out nice and round they are my favorite to train. I think it might of helped swithing them to monday because of the extra rest on the weekend. I think you might be doing to many differant things. I start off by doing 5 sets of military press on a smith machine i do this because i work out solo and dont have a spotter. I take them 1 or 2 reps before failure eachtime the burn i get is awesome. Then ill do 3 sets db presses but they are a little differant one of my buddies taught me this and know i live by it when you do the press start with your palms facing your face and when you push up turn them out so when your at the top of the rep your palms are facing away they might be called arnold presses but i am not positive however i am positive your going to need a fire extinguiser to put the fire out in your delts and make sure you take these to failure. The last thing i do is upright rows 4 sets make sure you do these slow and controled and i gaurntee they will grow let me know how you make out hope this helps

aZian is offline New Member
    Does anyone here include Olympic lifts like the Clean and Jerk in their split?

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    thanx a lot edubs, i'll give it a shot

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    If you work Traps the same day as Shoulders, then I'd make sure to use upright rows since they hit both Side Delts and Traps. Also, make sure you are changing up your routine periodically, this can help jumpstart new growth.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    try 1 handed cable raises, i find they are great for getting a burn, and help to sketch in thos nice striated lines.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by aZian
    Does anyone here include Olympic lifts like the Clean and Jerk in their split?
    Clean and Jerk's are good for strength - not hypertrophy.

If you want hypertrophy you generally need mid range rep numbers (5-12) with short rest intervals (RI) betwwen sets. Drop sets, super sets, and so on help a lot too. Unlike strength training, the nuscle is not allowed to fully recover and all ATP and CP stores are flushed. When your body responds during recovery the stores of protein become larger than previously due to the intensity.

If you want strength than use long RI's and low reps. Hypertrophy use short RI's and go for the burn!

Thread Information