bigtime is offline New Member

deads fo leg size?

sup, muscle heads i fucked up my knee squating about 8 weeks back....and i been doin deads instead.....for the (bread and butter, to keep size) my legs are about 28"......my knee hurts when i go deep on squats.....(i always go deep, cause i get better results) but, thing is when i deadlift i only feel it in my back. not legs,(and i do bust balls) and i don't want to have my legs go from 28 to 26".....lol......so i was thinkin should i just do heavy partial squats to keep size? cause i hate doin partials, i just think it is a waste......i have tried heavy leg press but i hear that does not pack on the size very well like squats.....it sucks ass that i can't squat deep.......being that is my fav. let me know what ya think......
    p.s. i did sumo regular stance and close stance deadlifts...not 1 thing hits them like squats do.......and i also wrap my knee........only reply if you had this problem and if you know "what's going on" don't have time for answers from people that have only 24/25" wheels.
    thanks a ton and i just love this new board......
    p.s.s. FREAK AND SB??? WHAT YOU THINK?

superbeast is offline Member

Re: deads fo leg size?

Originally posted by bigtime

p.s.s. FREAK AND SB??? WHAT YOU THINK?
    I think your legs are really only about 18" and you are just trying to boost your ego!

In my opinion, do partial squats as heavy as you can. You will still beat the shit out of your quads. Just incoporate heavy stiff legged deads to crush your hams along with them.

SB

Re: Re: deads fo leg size?

Originally posted by superbeast

I think your legs are really only about 18" and you are just trying to boost your ego!

In my opinion, do partial squats as heavy as you can. You will still beat the shit out of your quads. Just incoporate heavy stiff legged deads to crush your hams along with them.

SB
    18" would be my bis....tough guy!

freak of the week is offline Junior Member
    IMO find a gym that has a smith machine that is smooth. My old gym's smith machine killed my knees. Last week I did legs at this other gym the smith was awesome! I think it pays to experiment. I only like doin stiff legs for hams also walkin lunges hahaha

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Re: Re: deads fo leg size?

Originally posted by superbeast

SB

LOL

bigteez66 is offline Junior Member

My legs

I am all natural, im 19 and I haven't trained legs in about 3 years. I measured my legs last night and they are 28" so maybe you ought lower your ego a little.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Partial Squats will develop your upper quads too much. Have you tried close-toe smith squats or close-toe leg presses. Keeping you feet only about 6 inches apart and off you verticle plane (feet about 18-24 inches in front of your body)?

Unless you are a Powerlifter - wide stance squats are not necessary at all and come with a list of problems.

PhatBack is offline New Member
    A fews years back when I was in college I had tendonitis in both knees, and it was a bad case.....It hurt to walk....so, I took 2 weeks off from training, and came back and to train legs I did deadlifts, as this did not hurt, they don't hit your legs like squats, but they are just as good to stimulate testosterone production and overall body strength and development.....I also did lunges with a barbell and I would grab two heavy dumbells and step up and down a box that was about 3 feet high, I did reverse hypers for hams and calves and SLDL's, which I found actually helped the tendonitis, at the time I was training for football, so it killed me that I couldn't do any cleans or snatches and FORGET about front squats, so it set me back on my strength program a lot......as far as size, even though as a strength athlete I wasn't "supposed" t odo "gay" things like measure my bodyparts, I sure as hell did.....my thighs were about 30-31", and I couldn't squat or front squat for 2 months and I honestly lost no size at all.....hope this helps.......by the way....what type of injury do you have and have you ever had it before? and did u see a Dr or trainer or anything?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised no one has even mentioned Leg extensions. Obviously very different from the squat, but still surprised no one has considered it.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by saboudian
    I'm surprised no one has even mentioned Leg extensions. Obviously very different from the squat, but still surprised no one has considered it.
    Leg Extensions are far from a core movement!

Originally posted by PhatBack
    A fews years back when I was in college I had tendonitis in both knees, and it was a bad case.....It hurt to walk....so, I took 2 weeks off from training, and came back and to train legs I did deadlifts, as this did not hurt, they don't hit your legs like squats, but they are just as good to stimulate testosterone production and overall body strength and development.....I also did lunges with a barbell and I would grab two heavy dumbells and step up and down a box that was about 3 feet high, I did reverse hypers for hams and calves and SLDL's, which I found actually helped the tendonitis, at the time I was training for football, so it killed me that I couldn't do any cleans or snatches and FORGET about front squats, so it set me back on my strength program a lot......as far as size, even though as a strength athlete I wasn't "supposed" t odo "gay" things like measure my bodyparts, I sure as hell did.....my thighs were about 30-31", and I couldn't squat or front squat for 2 months and I honestly lost no size at all.....hope this helps.......by the way....what type of injury do you have and have you ever had it before? and did u see a Dr or trainer or anything?
    not sure what kind of trouble i had with my knee, i never seen a doc.
    i have been doin the smith close stance squats and they are great....
    "thanks" my knee is better but i pulled my ham......so i guess i just can't win......

Re: My legs

Originally posted by bigteez66
    I am all natural, im 19 and I haven't trained legs in about 3 years. I measured my legs last night and they are 28" so maybe you ought lower your ego a little.
    ok......all natural 19.....my ego is fine,thank you.......i just do not want any people to reply that don't have a clue whats goin on........(this would be you) and you are goin to give me some good info.? this is from someone that never did legs for 3 years....
    28" of fat um sure....... have a great day my friend.....

superbeast is offline Member

Re: Re: My legs

Originally posted by bigtime
    ok......all natural 19.....my ego is fine,thank you.......i just do not want any people to reply that don't have a clue whats goin on........(this would be you) and you are goin to give me some good info.? this is from someone that never did legs for 3 years....
    28" of fat um sure....... have a great day my friend.....
    HaHa

If anybody sounds like they have an ego problem, it is bigteez in this situation. You offered no advice or anything, just wanted to talk about yourself.

SB

bigteez66 is offline Junior Member

ok here we go

"only reply if you had this problem and if you know "what's going on" don't have time for answers from people that have only 24/25" wheels."
    So basically you are saying that you don't have time to listen to people with small legs? I don't think there is a big correlation between having big/small legs and knowing whether or not you should do partial squats to keep size. Having small legs has nothing to do with knowing how to get results out of certain exercises. I just thought it was funny how he was talking about his "28" wheels". And I thought deads were better for back than legs? LOL Anyhow I shouldn't have came off like that. I just had to say something. I know I am just a 19 yr old punk right?

Thread Information