dieselthreat is offline New Member

Lightbulb For Fat Over Obliques And Abs..whats Better? Treadmill Or Stairmaster??

when im on the stairmaster.....i sweat alot more around my abs, shoulders all over.....but when im on the treadmill i just swear around the face.....and not too much sweating around the abs......well, my question is....whats better to cut the fat off the abs and obliques? the treadmill or stairmaster?

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    The most important thing to shed fat is DIET. Cardio is supplemental to diet. I have read that treadmill is the best form of cardio but you should vary your cardio for best results

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Dieselthreat my good bro...there is no such thing as fat spot deduction. With the exception of very high dosages of GH injected repeatedly into the fat area...the only way to reduce fat around your waist, abs, etc...is diet and cardio. When we perform cardio our internal metobolic temperature increases as an add to burn fat after about the first 20 minutes of cardio. Fat reduction also acheived through a well balanced diet.

Rugby13 is offline Member
    Bros I think we all know how important diet is but that wasn't the question. Basically, what exercises are best for cardio, everything else being in place. I'd like to know as well... peace

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    treadmill

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Rugby13
    Bros I think we all know how important diet is but that wasn't the question. Basically, what exercises are best for cardio, everything else being in place. I'd like to know as well... peace
    tHEY ARE ALL GOOD BUT VARIETY IS KEY

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Rugby13
    Whichever you prefer. What you really need to do is calculate your target heart rate. The get a heart rate monitor. The set the intensity of your workout so that you can keep your heart rate at 70% of your target heart rate. This is supposed to burn the most fat and prederve the most muscle. As long as you can do that it doesn't make a difference which machine you use, because your heart rate is more closely associated with the number of calories you burn. So chose the one you prefer and switch if you get bored.

Personally I prefer the treadmill. I love running really fast on it (although I KNOW I exceed my taget heart rate- hence burning more fat AND more muscle). Sometimes after I have run two or three days in a row my knees or legs hurt. Rather than risking injury or worse yet not working out, I switch over to the eliptical machine for a low impact cardio workout. It is not as much fun for me but at least I am getting the benefit from the cardio. Make sense?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    i thought powerwalking would burn more fat and less muscle then any of the other exercises. Anyone know anything about this?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by saboudian
    i thought powerwalking would burn more fat and less muscle then any of the other exercises. Anyone know anything about this?
    See my previous response. It simply comes down to heart rate. It so happens that power waling often ends up with it naturally taking you to 70% of target heart rate.

Guys: the whole point of cardio is to elevate your heart rate. This in turn heats your body. Heat=calories Get it?

Thread Information