shogun124 is offline New Member

No more weights for me.

I weight 218 I am 6'0. What do you guys think of my plan? I am doing cardio everyday for half an hour. I am taking Xenadrine. I am just doing calasentics. Hence, pull ups, chunch push ups etc. My goalis losing 20 in one month. I really want to get down to 180. But that will not be for a while. Tell me what you guys think.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Not lifting ??? Your muscles will soon go thorugh atrophy.

Why are you looking to get down to 180 ?? At 6', 200 is a great weight, if not even more. If that's you in your avatar, you're lookin a nice thick 218, not a fat slob.

Why are you looking to make the change ?

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    i agree bro. if that avatar is you, yo look like a pretty solid 218. also, I don't think you should cut weights out of your routine. lift, but do a lot of exercises with light weight high reps(12-15). only rest for abut 45 secs between sets and do HELLA cardio. that way you will lose weight but you will stay firm and will get cut up. just my 2 cents

Yes, that is me thanks for the comps. I dont think I told the whole story I am sorry. I am doing this on a trial basis for one month. Then the month after that I am going to do max on everything with weights. Then the next month back to no weights and cardio everyday. I was thinking that if I do this it would be like extremely cutting and bulking . Becuase I want to get bigger believe me. but I want to lose body fat. I am about 19% body fat. To my understanding that is very bad. I am just sick of being FAT. Also, should I take the Xenadrine if i am depressed some times? I heard that it makes it worse.
    Last edited by shogun124; 11-03-2002 at 04:38 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    How is your diet ??? Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, maintain your weight - diet is one of the key factors that attributes towards this.

That is the thing see first. I work on a truck all day so it's like i have to eat where I can and some times it is not the best of places. Yes, I know shop for your food but seriously I dont know the fisrt thing about diets just the basics. I guess I really need help in that area. I don't eat like a slob. I try to eat subway everyday. becuase i guess that is better then McD's or bugerking. But, thats about it for eatting good. I never get home in time for a well cooked dinner. With all the right stuff because of the damn job. They only thing good about the job is that I am a carpet cleaner and I sweat like a pig. Could someone help me??

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool BEEN THERE, DONE THAT DUDE

Back in 95', my plan was to eliminate powerlifting completely and concentrate on only cardiovasular. I planned on doing that for a month but iron flows through my blood too much. I only did it for 2 weeks. However for those 2 weeks, I did a half hour on the Stairmaster and, as a cool down, a half hour on the threadmill. In those 2 weeks, my wife and coworkers were able to notice quite a bit of weight loss. I even worked well with my diet. But in the end, I learned that while I lost alot of weight, more than half of the weight that I lost was from muscle.

Currently, I am following a cardio/weight workout to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    My .02 .. research dieting and try to get quality foods in you throughout the day. And maybe try not to think about meals in the context of breakfast, lunch, dinner. Go for 6 smaller meals through the course of the day. And as far as preperation .. I cook a 'bulk' of my shit on a weekly basis, usually on Saturday or Sunday when I can't find a good Ball game on the tube. I'll cook 3 or 4 dishes at a time; along with extra chicken, ground turkey, and potatoes. It's not as hard as you might think.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're looking just to shed some BF, screw the cardio if you're going to do a Keto diet. You'll just lose your muscle. Instead, why not do a serious of circuits (your heart can't tell the difference between cardio or weights, just keep it going) and hitting the gym 6 days a week. 30 minutes of INTENSE working out will preserve muscle and keep you in an anti-catabolic state.

IMO, worked for me.

Thanks for the info guys. I thin i will break the three maels into six. But, what is the Keto diet?? Also, I think I am going to incorperate weights back into my workout. Thanks again
    Tommy

Rugby13 is offline Member
    I agree with keeping weights in your program. You want to have muscle there to show when you lose the BF and you want to lose BF not muscle. LOTS of reps with lighter weight and little rest between sets. Good luck.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by shogun124
    Thanks for the info guys. I thin i will break the three maels into six. But, what is the Keto diet?? Also, I think I am going to incorperate weights back into my workout. Thanks again
    Tommy
    I don't care how much cardio you do, if your diet is bad your progess will be very slooooooowwwww.

Keto diet is low carb most of the weeks and having carbs one or two days a week. Since you are confined to a truck, I think you should do strict low carb. With that you can eat whenever you are hungry and still lose weight. The trick is, you eat when you are hungry and you DO NOT eat when you are not hungry. You keep eating until you are no longer hungy (not until you are gourged).

To lose 20 lbs in a month I would try keeping the carb count close to 0 (the Atkins induction phase). Again, don't limit the AMOUNT you eat, or your diet willfail because it will be to hard to stick with it.

And for the record, I am in the same camp as the other members here that think you should not discontinue lifting. If you do that, your weight may fall but your body fat percentage may not go down. What this means is that when you get back to lifting your bf% may even go up even though your weight will be lower.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Hey bro...hit the weights hard...don't lay off.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Hell I am 5'9" and 200 pounds.. at 180 IMO at 6 foot you gonna look like a dude that smokes crack everyday. Why not build on what you have. Muscle weights more than fat, remember that. Why not take your weight you have, start putting on more muscle mass, screw your weight, weight is one of the last things I look at. As arnold said, all you need is a mirror and a tape measure to see that you are making progress!

Thread Information