$niper$layer is offline New Member

Somthing wrong??? SORE!!!!!

k, last friday was the first day i had worked out in about 3 months, i did my usuall Shoulder/back with a few sets of shoulder press, shoulder fly's, and shrugs and it was an ok workout for first day back i was doing each set to my limit, but now on sunday i'm still very very sore, and it's hard to do anything because my upper arms and shoulders are sooo sore even 3 days later, is this normal? when i worked out before i had never felt so sore, is there anything i can do ?? should i do another workout??

If you're restarting after 3 months, then yeah... you'll be sore for at least a week.

Keep training, but LOWER all your weights and drop the intensity for a few weeks. You got to get your body back in the game slowly (forget about the macho "I can lift heavy" crap for a few weeks.)

Been there, done that

Red

$niper$layer is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    If you're restarting after 3 months, then yeah... you'll be sore for at least a week.

Keep training, but LOWER all your weights and drop the intensity for a few weeks. You got to get your body back in the game slowly (forget about the macho "I can lift heavy" crap for a few weeks.)

Been there, done that

Red
    so Tommarow still train? just lower intensity and weights?

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    NO let your body fully recover, if you don't, yu get injure yourself(tear or strain a muscle). Lower the intesity, let your body come back a little slower. I know you are gung ho about i, but give it about a month and then go for it, but until then lay off a bit. You want to be sore, but not so sore that you cannot move.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with the others...

This is why at first you should just go through the movements and not employ forced reps or training to failure right now. Train as a beginner - which you can move faster to an intermediate's workout (and then advanced) if you have a good build already and an athletic history.

But 3 months off has deffinitly led to detraining in your body. In about 4 weeks your body will be more effecient at everything... and you will be less shaky and wobbly too.

Thread Information