7 15.22%
  • Back Day...

31 67.39%
  • I dont deadlift at all....

8 17.39%

Thread: dealifts....

F'nJact is offline Junior Member

Question dealifts....

just wondering when u guys do deadlifts, on leg or back day? thanks for the input. if u care to share why that owuld be great.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I love deadlifts!
    There is no better way to finish wrecking yourself on back day... Squats may take more out of you, but deadlifts hit more muscle groups then any other exercise... If you want a thick powerful physique you have to do them IMO...

I love deadlifts as well, theyre great mass builders, do you find to get better results doing them on back day or leg day?? personally ive always done deadlifts in my leg routine, but im interested in everyone elses imput.

buff from ur post i take it u do deadlifts at the end of your back workout????

Yeah I always do them at the end of my back workout... I don't care if I'm already shot, I'll always throw in at least a few sets of deadlifts...
    I try to get in 4 sets of 6-8 reps then I'm wrecked...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    buff (no flame bro) I never understood why people did deads at the end of a back workout.
    If you think about it, the three main exercises for the body are Bench, Deads, Squats.
    On Chest day 99% of the people I know start with bench, Legs = Squats. Why would anyone do deads last?

Just my .02

D
    When do you icorporate them. I've always done them on back day as well, but I usually put them in after my T-bars

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im with you Diesel. Deads first during back workout.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    BTW, if any of you guys think I am off my rocker with this theory, tell me.

D
    I don't think so.
    The logistics behind that routine make it feasable to at least try, which I shall do today on back day

BIGMIKE305 is offline New Member
    BTW, if any of you guys think I am off my rocker with this theory, tell me.

D

I am with you Diesel, but I do deads first, then hamstrings and if I have the strength -low back. I do quads/squats at another time, 3 or 4 days later. This seems to be working well for me.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I do 'em on back day...the only problem is they make my hams so sore that I can't do squats on leg day.

sound sliek almost everyone does them on back day.....maybe ill try moving deads from leg day to back day and see what kind of results i get....my leg routine ussualy goes liek this sometimes with a few variations depending on how im feeling for the day...

squats - 4 sets
    deads - 4 sets
    superset:extensions&ham curls - 2 or 3 sets
    im ussualy dead tired by then and just finsih off with calves

what do u guys thinkg? shoudl i rework my leg routine and move deads to back day? i consider my legs to be a strong point of my body from years of offensive line play through high school and college.

buff (no flame bro) I never understood why people did deads at the end of a back workout.
    If you think about it, the three main exercises for the body are Bench, Deads, Squats.
    On Chest day 99% of the people I know start with bench, Legs = Squats. Why would anyone do deads last?

Just my .02

D
    I respect you brother, so I don't take your opinion as a flame...

Anyway the way I always looked at it is with chest your triceps always fail before your chest does, so I always do benches when my tris are fresh... So I can lift as heavy as possible....

With Deadlifts you're using your whole body to get the weight up... So nomatter how much I kill myself doing chins, bent rows, t-bar rows I always have a little left in the tank to still kill myself with deadlifts... I still have alot of strength left in my low back and I'm able to still lift heavy doing them last...

Plus by doing them last I can go balls to the wall and crawl out of the gym knowing I have pushed myself as hard as possible...

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Everyone's got their own way .. I prefer Deads 1st thing on Back day, then I go to B-bell rows, T-bar rows, and Lat pulls with whatever I have left in me.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Usually I would do deadlifts either first or in the middle of my back workout. When I am about to do legs, I end my back workout and begin my leg workouts with stiff legged deadlifts.

Red5 is offline Associate Member
    Putting the compound exercise at the end of your routine is pre-exhaustion.Like doing flyes first for chest then bench or leg ext then sqauts.If you've always done deads first, try putting them at the end and you will find you'll be able to do more pullups and row heavier than you did before.

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    everyone's got their opinions on this one. i personally do them first. Deads work more muscle groups and build more mass in your back than anything else. you want to have the most energy for this excerise. it just doesn't make sense to me to do flys before bench or rows before deads.personally, I can do the same amount of pullups or same weight on rows after deads. it is alot harder,yes, because you are beat, but you can do it. its all about the mind muscle connection. I just think you should put your big mass/strength builders(bench squat dead) first. if you hit a new weight and totally wear yourself out on deads and are too exhausted to do rows, GOOD! you'll be bigger and stronger next week than if you would have gone up a whole 10 lbs on lat pulldown and rows and been too tired to hit a good set of deads. just my .02 oh yeah I'm with you diesel. I feel everything else alot more after some killer deadlifts
    Last edited by Mike62200; 11-14-2002 at 12:20 PM.

I can resepct that thought process. BTW, I'm gonna get you in the gym with me someday. Being from the same state and all.

D

Hey Diesel... I guess I better start eating my wheaties then cus I'll probably need them to keep up with you, you big MoFo... Just how close are you to that 300lbs mark again... You in North Jersey right bro...

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Anyone know a place where they show the perfect forms for dead lifts? (like a small .wma or something) I am about sure of mine.. but i get some pain after few week of dead lifts so i was just wondering about my forms..

Yung Wun is offline Member
    could someone explain the technique involved in performing deads
    i never did deads in my life because i dont know how to do perform them correctly. if someone could give me a link or explain the how to's it be greatly appreciated
    thanks

xhybridx is offline New Member
    i do em in the middle of a back workout, because i made the mistake of doing em at the end one day. and i was in pain the whole time driving home!

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Yung Wun
    could someone explain the technique involved in performing deads
    i never did deads in my life because i dont know how to do perform them correctly. if someone could give me a link or explain the how to's it be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Check these links for animated illustrations:Good luck!

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I do deads on both leg and back day, on leg day i do straight legged deads, they are awesome for building up the hamstrings, and on back day i do normal deads.

MRBIG is offline New Member
    yep dead on back day . pissed!! jacked my back warming up cant believe that crap. but nothing is better for my back than heavy deads.

Andy is offline Associate Member
    I alternate from back day to leg day but I always Do them first cause they really drain me.
    Im gonna try em last sometime though
    I just worry that I wont be able to hold the bar if I do them at the end of a good back day, and that my legs wont support much at the end of leg day but Ill give it a whack

Thread Information