iedmaster is offline New Member

good first cycle workout routine?

Hello all, I will probably be sarting my first cycle in Jan, and since I have never used gear before I was wondering how much my workout routine should change...

Currently I hit each body part once a week, Day 1 legs/shoulders, 2-back/bi's/abs, 3-chest/tri's/calves, day 4 off, repeat...

Just wonering if I should step up to twice a week on each part, and any other suggestions.

Also, the weakest part of my body is legs... I want to focus on my legs and glutes during this cycle, so that they are proprtioned to my upperbody.

As far as upperbody weaknesses, my rear delts could use a boost as well as my traps.

My goal isn't to get huge, but more so to even out those listed parts. I also want to add a good cardio to this routine, and lose a few bodyfat percentage points.

Any suggestions?

I'm 30 years old, male, 5'11", 200lbs, 12-13% body fat, been working out off and on since high school, but have been slacking the last few years (taking it easy at the gym, and with diet).

Cycle info 500mg Sustanon (eod) for 12wks, 400mg deca weekly for 10wks.
    PCT: nolvadex and clomid, 22 days

bmit is offline Member
    nice cycle and routine is ok. check out the workout forum on this board - i particullarly like slingshot training and DC.

On your current routine: Just up the intensity on your sets and maybe add a few more sets. Don't do anything radically different except bring your A game, blowing the gym apart attitude to each workout.

in2shape is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmit View Post
    nice cycle and routine is ok. check out the workout forum on this board - i particullarly like slingshot training and DC.

On your current routine: Just up the intensity on your sets and maybe add a few more sets. Don't do anything radically different except bring your A game, blowing the gym apart attitude to each workout.
    agree , but deca 1st cycle ? id be doin 4-5 sets 4-5 exercises reps between 6-12 , like 12 10 8 8 6 getting heavier as you go .... id change the order of ex's and even ex's to really shock your muscles also .... rear flys on an incline bench instead of leaning over slow on way down , dont swing ! 4 a difference wrists pronated (palms down) ..... heavy db shrugs .... smith machine shrugs ...bb shrugs .... upright rows wide grip ...... if these dont work drop sets pyramid sets high rep super sets fark it do em all !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Save the deca for next time. If your diet and training is on you'll make awesome gains with a test only cycle with a good pct. Good luck bro.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^^ Agreed. Drop the Deca and maybe add Dbol or Winny as a kickstart.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. Drop the Deca and maybe add Dbol or Winny as a kickstart.
    Hmm - never thought of using winny as a kickstart - always used as a finisher on a cycle with a 19 nor. Seems like a mild kickstart(even 1st cycle). Have u done this before War? Im curious about this ...maybe pm me with how u felt doing this - dont wanna steal this guys thread.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Legs and then back the next day is a killer, I would move them farther apart.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Hmm - never thought of using winny as a kickstart - always used as a finisher on a cycle with a 19 nor. Seems like a mild kickstart(even 1st cycle). Have u done this before War? Im curious about this ...maybe pm me with how u felt doing this - dont wanna steal this guys thread.
    Ived used it in the beginning before. Didnt seem that bad. Didnt get the bloat like from Dbol . Joints got a bit sore however.

Strength went up. Overall not bad. Like Var better though.

And yeah, most people use Win at the end to help cut up.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Ived used it in the beginning before. Didnt seem that bad. Didnt get the bloat like from Dbol . Joints got a bit sore however.

Strength went up. Overall not bad. Like Var better though.

And yeah, most people use Win at the end to help cut up.
    Thanks Bro ...

I know I should just drop the deca for my first cycle, the thing that sucks is when I first thought about getting gear, a buddy of mine told me to get sust and deca, and do a 10 wk cycle. So I ordered all the stuff. In the meantime, I found this site and learned a shatload more than he told me... So now I'm getting all the pct stuff on order, and some arimidex (sp) for while on cycle... The only reason I want to do the deca is because I paid a lot for it... Hate to see that much money go to waste. I guess I could just shelve it and wait for next time, I probably should. Im not planning on starting this cycle until the new year, so I have some time to think this over.

Could one of you explain exactly the reason deca should not be used the first time? I read in another post that test should be used first, and on the next cycle add deca... If there were no probs wit the test on cycle 1, and then you get sides on cycle 2, you kno it's the deca and not the test... I guess I was just thinking that if I have everything on hand to deal with sides/gyno issues, wheres the problem??? But Im a newbi and still have much to learn!

Hijacking my own thread here, if I didn't run the deca, would I still need to run .25mg arimidex(sp) daily during the cycle? Because that stuff is just as expensive as all the deca I got...

Thanks for helping a gear newb!
    Last edited by iedmaster; 11-22-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Edit out the price bro

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    And if this is the only cycle you're ever going to run, go with the deca if you want. Most people who are looking to do a first cycle are planning on doing more if you get what I'm saying.

There's really no reason to go at each bodypart 2x a week if your intensity is up. Good luck with it tho.

Thread Information