Wake Chick is offline Female Member

Freemotion Equipment

My gym just got all these new machines by Freemotion. They all are cable type machines and look alot better then regular machines b/c there is more resistance. I mainly use free weights, but there are some machines you just have to use, ya know?? I have yet to try them but I'm making a good buddy go with me tomorrow to show me how to use.

Anyone have these at their gym, what do you think about them??? Thanks
    Last edited by Wake Chick; 11-13-2002 at 03:00 PM.

dern180 is offline Member
    I just use free weights and the hammer machines (no cables on them). Its like useing free weights. But the machines with the cable are good I use some of them.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    i use them to do pull downs, it seems to work pretty good because i can feel more support so i can concentrate on the motion more than the balance..... there is another one that we have, its 2 cables coming out down by your feet, i have used that for shrugs.... the only good exercise ive found was the lat pull downs, i like free weights much better.

I know, I use free weights the majority of the time. What I'm asking is if anyone has used the new FREEMOTION cable machines??

Should I use the hamstring and quad Freemotions in place of the regular extensions and curls machines or both??
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I have and use freemotion machines at my gym. In my opinion they imitate using freeweights very very well. I use them typicaly at the end of my w/o focusing on slow concentrated contractions.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    The gym I workout at has them and is one of the only one's in Canada to have them. I like them for throwing that curveball into the routine every once and a while.

Aragorn

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Originally posted by Aragorn
    I like them for throwing that curveball into the routine every once and a while.

Aragorn

Exactly

xenithon is offline Member
    they are quite good IMO. i think they are best for shaping exercises, those you would normally use cable for eg. crossovers,

Alright, thanks guys!! I use the legs ones today, and I can tell they are going to take a while getting use to. All the movements are so different than what I'm accustomed to. I can already tell I'm going to be sore, but thats a good thing!!
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are referring to those that seem to have a lot of pivots on them - I like them for a finishing movement. They give a good squeeze and contraction. I'll check to see if they were called Freemotion tonight.

Thread Information