overactive-girl is offline Female Member

Thumbs up HGH and Interval Training tip

I just read an article about how Interval Training actually stimulates Human Growth Hormone . Have any of you heard this before?

The body deals with the stress of higher intensity exercise by secreting hormones, such as HGH-- which stimulates muscle growth by encouraging the creation of protein and makes fats more available as fuel by increasing their presence in the bloodstream.

Research shows that blood levels of HGH rise significantly during and immediately after interval trainng (whereas they remain the same during and after aerobic exercise).

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    There are a number of people who swear that most trainers/exercisers are drastically limiting their growth by not treating their rests between sets with the same quantative pragmatism and awareness as they would other variables of their training (sets, weight, repetitions)...and that HGH component is one of the reasons they make such a claim.

overactive-girl is offline Female Member
    very good point BigGreen! Do you know much about this subject? What do you recommend as far as rest between sets goes? How long is long enough, but not too long?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    While 45 seconds of rest in between sets seems to be revered as that magic number that strikes a balance between short-term recuperative abilities (ie, recovery enough to give due intensity and have sufficient energy for your next set) and that sense of physiological urgency that stimulates the immediate release of testosterone and both the fairly immediate and "after-the-fact" GH release (at night while sleeping)...I'm not sure I know of many people, myself included, who can logistically perform an additional set of squats or deadlifts (or some other dramatically taxing exercise) if that previous set was performed with any intensity. However, that being said, it still seems to be something to strive for if at all possible, since, I believe it's Louie Simmons, but may be someone else "big" (no pun intended) in the powerlifting world, who insists trainees limit their rest on all but the upper echelons of maximal efforts sets to no more than 45 seconds...and he's often dealing with people well over 200 lbs in bodyweight (i think he "allows" 1-1.5 min rests only in 275lb+ individuals) who are hoisting poundages double, triple and (in the case of squats) close to triple their bodyweight...oftentimes beyond! And the reason he insists upon this is precisely because of this GH and test release.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    HGH is associated with Lactic acid. Thats why they suggest short rest intervals for optimum hypertrophy, you'll get a build up of lactic acid.

You can get a spike of HGH by simply running as hard as you can for as long as you can. Interval training is a very broad term and can be used many ways but if you use it right then i can see it boosting your HGH

Thread Information