RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

Post Kevin Levrone's Thoughts On How To Build BIG GUNS

Kevin Levrone's Arm Thoughts & How To Get Them Big

I was re-reading through one of my old Flex magazine's late last night when I came across an article on Kevin Levrone and how is Arm Training was and his idea's on arm training. He recommends that you hit arms to failure ATLEAST twice a week, and states that hitting it THREE times a week is even better. He used comparison's such as "Ronnie Coleman works out his arms twice a week. Too many pro's like working out their arms only once a week, and the general public usually follows this idea."

Personally, I know a guy who works out his arms 3X a week. Mon/Wed/Fri = Bi's, Tues/Thurs/Sat = Tri's and he's got some pretty freak/vascular guns. I might have to give this a try one week and see how things progress.

What do you guys think?

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    I don't think you need to isolate your arms more than once a week, unless you are a total freak of nature. You use your arms in pretty much every exercise, so they should be getting enough of a work out. If you don't think they are, maybe you should try different arm exercises or more of them on the day you work your arms. I know personally that my arms are usually the first things to fail when lifting and thats even on days when I don't isolate my arms. But who knows, so try it out and let us know what happens. Worse thing that is going to happen is your arms will be too weak on the 2nd or 3rd day to do any more. Good luck.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I doubt i could go biceps three days/week. I normally have problems doing back 2-3 days after a good bicep workout cause im so sore. No im sorry hitting them 3 times a week wont work, for me anyway.

trimunex is offline Senior Member

Re: Kevin Levrone's Thoughts On How To Build BIG GUNS

Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Kevin Levrone's Arm Thoughts & How To Get Them Big

He recommends that you hit arms to failure ATLEAST twice a week, and states that hitting it THREE times a week is even better. He used comparison's such as "Ronnie Coleman works out his arms twice a week. Too many pro's like working out their arms only once a week, and the general public usually follows this idea."
    I'd agree with the other fellas that 3X a week is too much. However, everyone is different so I guess you'll have to see for yourself.

Also, as far as the Ronnie Coleman reference .. BigRon only works his Bi's once per week and sometimes as little as once every 2 weeks. Atleast that's what Ronnie himself says these days on his site and in his video.

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    I think it may work for some but not for others. It really depends on the individual.

I don't think I can hang with working my arms 3x a week, maybe 2.

Then again, I don't have the mass or strength of these guys either.

bigteez66 is offline Junior Member

levrone

I also have a feeling Kevin Levrone is juicing about 3x as much in one week as yall put together in one cycle.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Re: Re: Kevin Levrone's Thoughts On How To Build BIG GUNS

Originally posted by trimunex

Also, as far as the Ronnie Coleman reference .. BigRon only works his Bi's once per week and sometimes as little as once every 2 weeks. Atleast that's what Ronnie himself says these days on his site and in his video.

I wouldn't doubt that Ronnie works his biceps out as little as once every two weeks now. I think he feels he has more then enough biceps to go around, and it is fairly proportional now too. I would guess though that he might have worked them out possibly as much as 2-3 times a week in his early days. But thats just my speculation.

It said on his site that Ronnie sometimes works his arms once a month! I don't what the hell kind of workout that is...

Thread Information