clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

alcohol and muscular development

does alcohol actually inhibit muscular development? i mean besides making you lazy and not wanting to go to the gym? i'm in college and very frequently, i'll come home from the gym, drink my protein smoothie, then a couple hours later start drinking some. most of the time, i only get toasty not drunk...but sometimes i do.

a fem friend of mine told me that getting drunk dehydrates you (and your muscles) thus making you more sore after a hard workout. being more sore is better right? so we should all get smashed after a hardwork out so we get more sore the next day, right?

so i guess my question is: does alcohol in your blood stream actually inhibit the reconstruction of your muscle tissue after it has been broken down?

opinions? comments?

-- clocky baby

Steele is offline Member
    i read it can lwer protein synthesis by 30%, but only in chronic users. otherwise 1 or 2 beers aday is healthy. franco columbo drank 1-2 beers everyday while training for the Mr. O. (and winning it)

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Hehe, I think clockie usually has more than one or two

Lightning is offline New Member
    damn.... i just came off a 25 day binge (stupid bet...) no shit i havnt been getting goo workouts... we've been goin through like a gallon of vodka a week at least

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    one of the downsides is that is seriously depletes your liver glycogen stores, and results in a usually shitty workout the next day. I actually rearranged my workout schedule around my drinking habits so I can have better workouts on my lagging body parts.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    just a gallon lightning???

Thread Information