Luke530 is offline Junior Member

Who has been injured... how long did it take to come back?

Who here has had some pretty serious injuries i.e. tears, sprains, broken bones, etc.. and how long did it take you to get back to the weights you are using now or were before you got injured?

I tore a part of my hamstring and have been out for 6 weeks already... i probably will be out for at least another 2 weeks and have to start light from there... i'm wondering how long it will take me to come back...

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Ive been injured a few times thats caused me to stop training. Hernia-out for about 4 weeks, Boxers fracture index finger- out for about 8 weeks (no cast, had surgery), Deep laceration palm of right hand-(nerve repair surgery) out for 8 weeks. I think if you cut one of my limbs off id be back training within two months

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I have been injured torn my bis, check out the link bellow for the pics and all the info...XXL

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=29805

wow, those are some pretty amazing stories guys... and girls

how long did it take you guys to get back to the weights you were using before...?

Mike, that looks crazy... you recoverd very quickly... I tore one of my hamstring ligaments and I still cannot squat with weight 6 weeks later... I just got full ROM back a few days ago... I hope to begin squatting within a week or two...

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    i had shoulder surgery 5 months ago...and it will never be fixed =\
    Thats what the doc says anyway..so i have to kind of work around it

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I've had my RT shoulder reconstructed, was out of action completely for 4 months (in a sling the whole time), after I got out of the sling, another 5 months of rehab and light weight at the gym. Tore my MCL/Meniscus playing football, was out of action for 3 months. Had the same knee scoped last year and was out of the gym for only about a week, no leg training for about 3 1/2 weeks though.

wow, fullback, you have been through alot of shit, sorry about the shoulder D3m3nt3d

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    i broke the meta carpal bone in my thumb in a car accident that was august 16th now its october 5th and its been that long since i havent worked out it just took it out of the cast last week it sucks so bad not being able to work out....The thumb is by far the worst finger to break you cant do nothing at all.....i lost a lot of muscle mass which is also upsetting .....it sucks being injured

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    collar bone= 4 weeks/ broken wrist= 3 months/ seperated shoulder= 5 months/my worst ever was broken hip,2 ribs, collar bone again, and broken nose all at once. 7 months./ one word to all that broken shit. MOTOCROSS!!!!!! a sport that i will love forever but one that has broken me in and out.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    wow, fullback, you have been through alot of shit, sorry about the shoulder
    yeah....and the problems are not over yet, but still trying to work through the pain

richmond is offline New Member
    Damn,
    heres my story.
    Did loads of research and eventually decided to go on the gear. this was last May. Already in the best shape of my life and was really looking forward. Anyway, took my first shot and went to play soccer (Five a side- and had to do it, its part of my job...dont ask!!)
    So I get to the pitch head full of all the things to look forward to in the next ten weeks. I get put in goal and make for a block and the shot is hard and bends my wrist right back! The pain was immediate and I thought it was broken.
    Turns out it was sprained. I couldnt train my upper body for 8 weeks!!-of course I stopped the cycle! Lost muscle and gained fat.
    my wrist is still painful when I curl, but im back and packin now, god knows when the pain will go completely but barbell curls are a nightmare!!!My guess is a bad sprain is more serious than a clean break!!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Torn calf muscle .. it happened the first week of October and I won't be back to the poundages I was lifting with Legs until the 1st/2nd week of December.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Emm which time, about 12 years ago, i torn some ligaments and muscles 3rd degree in my lower back, that was 8 weeks then another 8 before i was close to 100%, 3 years ago had herna, then boken foot and torn everything on other side from belly button to knee, that was 2 weeks no gym then upper body only for 6 weeks as i had cast on my foot/lower leg, all kinds of minor stuff, you just work around it, best you can.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    check out my post here for bros with back problems.

anyway, broke a foot once, started training within the week. even doing legs. broke a finger (caught two touchdowns after i broke it, but did drop a third) and was training the same week, but really had to use straps alot. got tendonitis in a knee and couldnt train legs for about 3 weeks. other than the torn back, this is about it.

Thread Information