tryingtogain is offline Member

does your muscle build up on the 1st day after workout or 2nd?

does your muscle build up on the 1st day after workout or 2nd?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Night time my friend, all the time. Your body recovers the most when it's sleeping.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    After two minutes the ATP and CP stores replenish as a general time frame for all bodyparts. So if growth is your goal, rest intervals should be under 2 minutes... if strength is your goal then time between sets should be over 2 minutes - but not more than 5. But again, this is based on the bodypart size.

Total recovery and growth occurs through out the next few days based on the bodypart and training intensity and loads used. Under a basic postions of flexion routine Chest can take up to 5 days, Biceps about 3.

For a new athlete using minimal loads and intensity - less time is required and frequent total body workouts are good to develop the CNS as well as joint/tendon strength. As an athlete matures and workouts become heavier with greater intensity than more time is aloted for recovery per bodyparts.

To speed recovery rest is very important as well as supplementation of a MultiVitamin, Glutamine, Creatine, Vitamin C and E as well as a host other proven sups...

Now that I have probably confused you...

tryingtogain is offline Member
    that means i should only workout my bicepts every 3 days?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by tryingtogain
    that means i should only workout my bicepts every 3 days?
    That totally depends on:

1. Training level (beginnner, intermediate or advanced)

2. Training goals (strength, hypertophy, endurance)

3. Intensity and load (heavier weights or use of advanced techniques - muscles grow but nearly everything else internally remains the same. So as you advance you need more rest for bodyparts.)

4. Age (younger folks recover quicker due to higher hormone levels and more effective metabolic processes. At 17 you would recover faster than at 40.)

5. Sex (males recover quicker than females)

6. Supplements (Using Multi Vitamins, AntiOxidents, Glutamine and many other supps speed recover)

7. Sleep (if you are not getting enough sleep at night and an ocassional POWER nap - that will slow recovery)

8. Stress (the more you can simplify your life the better - and realize you may need more time off and rest during stressfull times or even when you catch a flu)

9. Other shit I just can't seem to remember right now

The faster your recover the better results you get. If you train a muscle group before it has time to recover your results can come to a halt and can lead to an overtrained state.

Thread Information