Lightning is offline New Member

cardio and gaining size

i do 20 min of cardio every day b4 my workout.. could this be limiting my size gains? i have gained like no size in 2 years even though my strength levels have gon wayyyy up

also i like going in the steam room and sauna and whirlpool after i workout to relax my muscles... that usually takes up like an hour after im done with my work out... so its like an hour n 15 min till i get my shake after working out.. does this matter?

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, i'm not sure if the cardio is having a huge effect on your size, but you should def. try to get that shake in a lot earlier. Maybe have your shake between working out and going to the sauna. When you wait that long you are missing out on one of the best nutritional opportunities available to your muscles for growth.

Steele is offline Member
    yeah, take the shake earlier. i got my best gains when i decided not to do cardio for a year. experiment. see how yiur body reacts. gotta make sure you are eating correctly to grow.

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    How many days do you do cardio? Also think about your diet, you might not be eating enough to gain noticable weight. When I first started working out regularly I gained a lot of strength but no size at all. It wasn't till I really started eating a lot did I gain any weight.

Lightning is offline New Member
    20 min before every workout pretty much, i might skip a day every once in a while... but hardly ever. i think the eating is the thing, i'm trying to eat more.. ut it's hard when you go to school

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    Yep, I'm in college right now and I know how hard it is to eat right. I make myself eat whenever I have a chance. I never wait till I'm hungry. So try eating at any chance you get, even if it is just a snack, it will be better than nothing.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    HOnestly i have no idea why everything eating their protein shake after a work out will help... That window of opportunity is very small and limited to 20min post workout. The only thing that will be absorbed is simple glucose. It's helpful if you guys are athletes but from a body builders perspective i can't see it being your limiting factor in anyway.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    You body glycogen stores are depleted so giving them an energy or protein drink will provide this. You body is a spong at this time take advantage of it.

TO Lightning: Have your shake before you hit the sauna. About the cardio if you are a hardgainer cut cardio out completely and warm up by doing light weights and high reps and stretch the muscle after you warm up sets and between each set. If you haven't gained in 2 years you might want to up your protein, fats, carbs and change your workout a bit. You body is probably used to all this now and addapted to it. Change things up keep you body guessing.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    your glycogen stores are depleted after the run...how is protein gonna provide glycogen in 20 mins? The sugars wil be absorbed faster but the protein will be absorbed at about the same rate as any other time.

Thread Information