Thread: Inner Tricep

SWOLL UP is offline Associate Member

Inner Tricep

Wuzzup all,

Today was my arm day...I did my triceps and biceps. I have an incredible pump from the bicep work I did...but the tricep work has all faded and I noticed that the hardest muscle for me to get to grow is the inner tricep. Can anyone give me your exercise tips on hitting the inner triceps.

Currently I am doing this for Triceps:

Pushdowns(v-Bar)
    Underhand Pushdown
    Rope Pushdowns
    Skull Crushers
    Kickbacks

Thanks

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    if you want to build tricep strength and mass stick to more complex exercises such as close grip bench and dips.behind the head one dumbell raises are good. skull crushers are good too. close grip bench and dips are what got my tris really strong and big.

I am only having a problem with the inner triceps...my tricep strength is very good and the outer tricep is poppin out there...it is just the inner head that I can't seem to stimulate.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    ONe good exercise for me, if you have a machine at your gym that really works the Inner tri, is behind the back push downs. Also turning your hands in and elbows out when doing tricep extensions (or pushdowns as I call them), will help isolate that inner tricep. Also another exercise that works well for me is to take a cable machine, attach a handle on it, position the cable pully about head high, and using a reverse grip, pull the cable down with one hand, alternate both hands, that works great for my inner tricep. Skull crushers work great too. Dips, oh my I love me some dips. Nothing like putting a 35 pound plate on me when Iam doing dips and all the guys staring at me cause they can't do it. LOL, and man what a pump.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Whats up bro. When im working out tris and want to stress my inner tri (closest to my body) I use a wide grip on all my tricep movements and vice versa. As a general rule of thumb closer grips=outer muscle and wider grips=inner muscle, works that way 99% of the time.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Reverse pulldowns with a short cable bar or as Sicilian30 said, try reverse cable pulldowns with a handle alternating each arm.
    Tri that,
    Usualsuspect

thanks

Thanks all, what about overhead dumbell extensions?

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Both hands on one dumbell behind the neck is an awesome inner tricep exercise, easily one of my favorites. You have to make sure you warm up with another exercise first or maybe incorporate it at the end of the workout otherwise your tendons will hate you for it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I sometimes do overhead extensions in the cablecross. And when i do i super set it with pushdowns. Awsome pump bro try it!

Thread Information