speese is offline Junior Member

what's the lagging bodypart in this if anything?

my friend was asking me about which of his lifts were the weakest. he gave me his log book and some of his numbers were: benchpress 235x6, weighted pullups 80x 6, db shoulder press 80x6, standing barbell curl 120x6, lying tricep extension 130x6, squats 325x6, stiff-legged deadlifts 285x6. i wasn't sure what to tell him, does anything seem weaker than it should be?

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt know bro we could probably be able to help out more if we had pics

How much does he weigh by the way

if i had to guess i'd say he's somewhere between 160-170. i'll ask him if i get the chance.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'd worry a bit about the SL DL's. I doubt he using decent form with that type of weight, especially if his squat is only 45lbs higher. And if his form is off on the SL DL's, who knows what else his form may be off on...

i was right. he told me he's about 165 and i've worked out with him and his form seems fine to me. but we don't do SL deadlifts from a box, just from the floor. every time i've worked out with him he doesn't seem to cheat too much on anything but who knows

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    C'mon, you really think he has good form on SL DL, if his quads can only handle 45 more pounds than his hammies. My guess is that he's using almost entirely lower back on the movement, which could be really bad if you do them stiff legged.

i stiff leg deadlift about 50 pounds less than i squat. are both of us really doing it wrong? i feel it in my lower back but i try to keep my back straight and i feel it in my hamstrings as well. how much less weight do you use?

Thread Information