tryingtogain is offline Member

have i stopped growing when my feet

have i stopped growing when my feet stop growing i think my feet have stopped becasue i had these one pair or shoes late middle of my freshmen yr and now i can still wear the same pair of shoes as my old ones just fine and im a jr now. does that mean i have stopped growing taller?

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    not necessarilly. Growth in height is mostly growth in your long bones like your femur. What's your age?

tryingtogain is offline Member

Your feet have nothing to do with it...

I don't think my shoe size changed since the 8th grade but I sure as heck grew As far as I know, there is no real indicator body part to tell you that you stopped growing that the average joe like you and I can use.

Also remember that even if you're not gaining height doesn'T mean you've stopped growing. Most 19-20 year olds may not by gaining height but are still growing and filling in.

Red

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Flat out, the answer is NO! Most men's feet stop growing at age 16-17, however, the average man's body won't mature until around the age of 21.

Did you ask this question in hopes that if your feet not growing any longer means your growth plates are closed, therefore, meaning you can take steroids without worrying about stunting your growth at a young age (17)?? Even if you stop getting taller and filling out for a year or so at your age, that does not mean you've fully matured. For instance, I grew throughout high school just like any other male and then around the age of 19, I stopped at 6'0. However, a little more than 2 years later around the age of 21/22, I and my family noticed that I was getting taller again. Now at the age of 24, I'm just over 6'2". Oh, and regarding my feet .. I've worn a size 11 since I was 16.

So what I'm trying to say, is that just because you may think your growth plates have closed; at your young age, it is very, very unlikely. And even if you don't grow taller, that does not mean is done maturing. Just my .02!

Thread Information