tcarn01 is offline Associate Member

morning workouts

I have just switched from afternoon workouts to 6 am workouts due to my job. I can't seem to get enough enerygy through a whole workout. What can I do? Will I have to get up an hour before and eat a pre workout meal or shake? I will be a zombie all day... I need help from some members who have am workouts.
    thanks,

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with that. I am not ready for the gym until i had at least 3 full meals in me. I hate morning workouts.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    caffeine maybe? 5 hour energy shot. I hate morning workouts too

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by tcarn01 View Post
    I have just switched from afternoon workouts to 6 am workouts due to my job. I can't seem to get enough enerygy through a whole workout. What can I do? Will I have to get up an hour before and eat a pre workout meal or shake? I will be a zombie all day... I need help from some members who have am workouts.
    thanks,
    if working out later isn't an option, i would wake up and immediately eat 50-60g of moderate GI carbs(banana will work) and some lean protein source like chicken or egg whites, and take a good dose of caffeine, the reason for this is to help fuel your via the food and the caffeine will give you a good boost, plus is help the body oxidize adipose tissue(meaning it will shift your body to burning fat) as an energy source, after your workout have a good PWO meal and continue on your day

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    if working out later isn't an option, i would wake up and immediately eat 50-60g of moderate GI carbs(banana will work) and some lean protein source like chicken or egg whites, and take a good dose of caffeine, the reason for this is to help fuel your via the food and the caffeine will give you a good boost, plus is help the body oxidize adipose tissue(meaning it will shift your body to burning fat) as an energy source, after your workout have a good PWO meal and continue on your day
    ^^^ yea, thats exactly what I was gonna say too

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    From articles I was reading it seems like it is best to workout in the afternoon because the muscle are nice and warmed up.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    From articles I was reading it seems like it is best to workout in the afternoon because the muscle are nice and warmed up.
    plus you have more glycogen stores built up, when you wake up you're in a glycogen depleted state from the hours of fasted sleep you just went through and it takes close to 24 hours to complete replenish them so morning workouts are not a good idea IMO

but you do what you have to do

tcarn01 is offline Associate Member
    yea it sucks. i can't work out in the afternoon. its either 10pm or 6 am. thanks guys.

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    I always work out in the morning. wake up drink protein shake w/40 grams, oatmeal and banana. read paper for 30 minutes. Drink no explode (3 scoops) and I am ready to go. Just give it some time your body will get used to it.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    yep. I actually enjoy Sundays because i workout in the morning and i always try to schedule the hardest day there. Working out in between work (like the other days) is stressing. I don't like it.
    Have you breakfast, wait 1 hours then go. Short WOs, 45 mins max and you'll do it.

Thread Information