TugLiFTER is offline New Member

Talking Smoking Weedd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFTING IS AWESOME BUT I GOTTA KNOW DOES SMOKING WEED AFFECT ANY OF MUSCLE GAIN? I SMOKE A WHOLE LOT AND AM JUST WONDERING........... LEAVE ME TIPS AND LET ME KNOW

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    yea, you eat a lot more therefore, you gain more. well that's what i tell myself anyways.

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    Hmmmm i would really like to know this to....

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Doesn't seem to affect most, however would save it for after workout at end of day

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Your good to go bro. I'm hittin the hydro everynight before bed with no problems.

nuke is offline Member
    Tru Tru..The nugs have no effect on the muscles....

The only negative effect would be zoning out while doing max squats ! LOL.

Keep bud alive !

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i have read that smoking week does increase estrogen in your body which could limit your gains.

I lost the post on it, if i find more info i will post it.
    for me it seemed to limit my gains but did wonders for the keto diet hehe
    and i loved working out stoned.

but since i kicked i seem to be on track much more. maybe its just me

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    No real proff on weed increasing estrogen.

RVLom is offline New Member
    i've used it before to get through the real tough workouts - ie squats deadlifts, for some reason you concentrate on the music (or never stop thinking about food ) I'm slowing down tho ive noticed you get colds much easier when smoking ive developed bronchitis two times in the last year. Good luck

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I Have also read that smoking weed, lowers testosteron levels and raises estrogen levels. however smoking pot its a great thermogenic while cutting from what i have been told. but seriusoly makes me wonder, no offence to and pot smokers, but havent you ever wondered why most of them are skinny, i mean the ones that smoke alot!!!!!

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    Originally posted by BullDogg20
    I Have also read that smoking weed, lowers testosteron levels and raises estrogen levels. however smoking pot its a great thermogenic while cutting from what i have been told. but seriusoly makes me wonder, no offence to and pot smokers, but havent you ever wondered why most of them are skinny, i mean the ones that smoke alot!!!!!
    cause they buy weed instead of food? That's my best guess

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Drugs supress the hungry feeling. Thats why they dont eat = gets skinny. Personaly i hate smokin.

Alex Cross is offline New Member
    A few months back there was tons of good threads about this. One good one where everyone actually talked about all the benefits of smoking and lifting... Hit the search button....

A/C

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by palme
    Drugs supress the hungry feeling. Thats why they dont eat = gets skinny. Personaly i hate smokin.
    Then why do they always get the munchies? It's unreal the amount of food ppl order when they're high, i see it all the time where i work.
    Personally i don't smoke anything period.

Anchor is offline New Member
    People eat a lot when the use a tad now and then, hard core freaks get over the munchies and the giggles early on. Also most weed tokers are tobacco users which does inhibit hunger...so thats why we get skinny weed fiends...

I am not opposed, it works great to offset the appetite stifling effects of thermgenics, and amphetamines. No doubt that I could ever eat the volume I do without it.

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    Smoking weed lowers your blood sugar level. Low blood sugar level is one thing that can make you feel hungry. That is why smoking makes most people hungry. Now I don't know if having low blood sugar levels is bad for muscles. It might be easier to find the answer to that question. Oh yeah and inhaling smoke is bad for your lungs, if you didn't know. And you use your lungs when you lift...

Lightning is offline New Member
    smoke in your lungs cant be good for you no matter what... especially for your cardio and how deep you can breathe and how much oxygen you are getting, as for "special" brownies and cookies.. hey.. go for it. but this will really only affect very freequent users... i dont see it affecting most people, unless you are smoking while working out.. that cant be good for your workout

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    i smoke weed everyday, i bench over 400 pounds and squat over 500, i run and play rugby... keep on smoking bro, just dont liet it keep you from working out.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    well i hear that weed helps you get a better pump, just one or two hits though this easies the stress of the weight getting more of a pump, but to much of a good thing can really hurt ya, yeah pot does make you skinny dudes spend all there money on it but not food
    peace dudes

FLEX_NuTz is offline Banned
    Ive heard that MJ has the most amino acids out of any herb out there. That cant hurt. =)

I smoke all the time too - just dont smoke to the point where you start to feel lazy and rather roast a bowl then goto the gym, that's when you know it's time to re-evaluate your goals, training goals especially.

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    I've been smoking alot lately and shit am I lazy. If anything it just get me tired and not wanting to work out. If you can control it I don't think it could really hurt. Damn I got the munchies!

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    cannibus is definately one of my supps during a bulking cycle. munchies munchies munchies

Thread Information