synthetic is offline Associate Member

theory: makign arms grow

im obsses with arms, since they r the only body part not gorwing on me, and look to every advantage to make them grow. i have been thinking, many guys with big arms dont have big bi's, but larger tris, it seems they work the bi's alot. so to help the tri's grow, they over train the bi's which working the bi relaxes the tricep. thus probably giving u more time to work the tri. what do u think, any one have any other ideas

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a general rule that for every inch you want gained on your arm you need to gain 15lbs. And you're right when you say the tri makes your arm, it's 2/3's of it! If you're looking to get some size on just your arms, you're gonna have to bulk up everywhere else. Training all your body parts just as intense and hitting your arms even intenser (is that a word?) will kick up some new growth. Also, never repeat the same routine twice and always shock your arms into knew growth, but stick to the basics adding in complimentary exercises. Here's some exercises I think you'll need to help build a solid base for some massive guns that are often skipped on some workouts.

Hammer Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Dips

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    There's a general rule that for every inch you want gained on your arm you need to gain 15lbs. And you're right when you say the tri makes your arm, it's 2/3's of it! If you're looking to get some size on just your arms, you're gonna have to bulk up everywhere else. Training all your body parts just as intense and hitting your arms even intenser (is that a word?) will kick up some new growth. Also, never repeat the same routine twice and always shock your arms into knew growth, but stick to the basics adding in complimentary exercises. Here's some exercises I think you'll need to help build a solid base for some massive guns that are often skipped on some workouts.

Hammer Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Dips

Very good post bro...

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    i do those. i am 5'11" and weight 250lb... but my arms r like 15" and i have about 15% bf. i do all the other exercise to get my other parts big. so if u think how i look, think of ronnie coleman but with girl sized arms..... thats how i view my self

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Originally posted by synthetic
    i do those. i am 5'11" and weight 250lb... but my arms r like 15" and i have about 15% bf. i do all the other exercise to get my other parts big. so if u think how i look, think of ronnie coleman but with girl sized arms..... thats how i view my self
    Hmmm...what is your routine? Maybe you are overtraining your arms, which is hindering your gains.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    make sure your form is spot on mate, and your getting a full extension. Make your movements very controlled and slow them down a bit. Hopefully you will be feeling the tears after each rep.

peaker

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by synthetic
    5'11 250 with 15 inch arms? im 5'11 and 150 and i got 13 1/2 inch arms cold. that dont seem rite

Thread Information