im_working_on_it is offline New Member

ATTN: Warrior or someone else that can help me

ok so im about 10% today and i want to get to around 7-8%, when at the gym i do weight for about 45 minutes then go to cardio, Now what would be the best to lose the bodyfat cardio wise

1. 15 minutes, with my heartrate between 160-185 beats per minute
    2. 15 minutes at my target heart rate (60-70%)
    3. 30 minutes with my heartrate between 160-185 beats per minute
    4. 30 minutes at my target heart rate (60-70%)
    5. 45 minutes with my heartrate between 160-185 beats per minute
    6. 45 minutes at my target heart rate (60-70%)

Also I have been do #5 lately , but it seems im gettin fatter, it might just be me though, thanks
    Chris

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Too much cardio will burn muscle and turn it into new glycogen stores. Thus lowering your metabolism.

If you can not do a morning cardio session than do your cardio as a preworkout warm up. Exhaust your gycogen stores by doing 20 minutes at 60-70%. Then move into resistance training to keep the muscle you have gained by keeping it stimulated. Don't be afraid to start using higher reps too - it can help mobilize fat stores within the muscle group. Post workout should be when you eat the most carbs for the day.

Go low cal for the week days, Saturday have one cheat meal and Sunday have two. And adjust the calories based on your results. You don't want to lose too fast.

Also your profile says you are 170lbs - but at 5'9" that's probably a decent size. But a cutting/deffinition phase would be easier if you had more lean weight first. Because trying to cut to say 160lbs is not as easy as cutting down to 180lbs - less lean weight to bring to the surface and a slower metabolism all together. But I have seen someone get severly cut at about 150lbs using a keto diet - he wasn't big but he was shredded.

unclebeets is offline Junior Member
    Is there any advantage to cardio before bed, or is this a bad thing to do, just curious since this is my favorite time to go running.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by unclebeets
    Is there any advantage to cardio before bed, or is this a bad thing to do, just curious since this is my favorite time to go running.
    Personally, I am not too sure on that. I know Cardio elevates your metabolism for quite some time afterwards so this could raise your BMI during sleep.

If you use thermogenics don't expect to go straight to sleep after - or stay asleep. Especially since you need a post workout meal yet.

Resistance training is best in the evening (1800ish for most) because your body temperture is warmest - as far as cardio, first thing in the morning is the best time if you want to lean out.

Thread Information