Mr.stickly is offline New Member

yikes I need help

hi

i need some help and i think you guys could help.

i am currently attinding collage and i enrolled in a fittiness class and it got me thinking more about my body and my apperance.

i am 18 yrs. old 5' 11" and i weigh 150 pounds

the fat caliper test said i only have 6% body fat

i have never worked out a day in my life.

what can i do to get a bigger body?

i know i need to eat and i am currently working on that, but what kind of work out do i need to do?

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Start easy and simple for the first few months. I'd look into something like training each bodypart once per week and stick to basic movements (presses, squats, rows).

Chest
    Back
    Off
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Arms
    Off

Keep it around 10-12 sets total for each session, with 2 of them being warm-up sets. 8-12 repetitions for each set.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Pick you up some Creatine , Glutamine and/or ZMA, bump your calories up to about 3000 a day, protein as high as 300grams a day. Train hard, hit the weights hard, go to negative failure on most or all of your reps. If this don't make ya grow, nothing will, not even AS.

Mr.stickly is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    Pick you up some Creatine , Glutamine and/or ZMA, bump your calories up to about 3000 a day, <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a></a> as high as 300grams a day. Train hard, hit the weights hard, go to negative failure on most or all of your reps. If this don't make ya grow, nothing will, not even AS.
    which is best Creatine , Glutamine and/or ZMA??

how long will it take for results to show
    Last edited by Mr.stickly; 12-03-2002 at 08:30 PM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say since your loads will be minimum based on less CNS (mind-muscle connection) you should work bodyparts more frequently than once a week. That is more appropriate when your load increases - you are probably pretty far out from a 225lbs Flat Bench Press, for example. Also your intensity is not of an advanced routine yet. You simply need less rest days per bodypart.

Also, you are 150lbs, young, and very new so all these are factors that would be better for a closer split... this one can give you more work on smaller bodyparts.

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps
    Day 2: Legs, Calves, Abs
    Day 3: REST AND EAT
    Day 4: Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps
    Day 5: REST AND EAT
    Day 6: REPEAT

After about 4-6 weeks when you are more controlled and less shaky in your movements than you will require a different split. Take an extra rest day now and then if you need it.

YOU NEED FREE WEIGHT COMPOUND MOVEMENTS - we all started somewhere so don't be affraid to begin light. No ego lifting here.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The key in the beginning is learning. Learn different effective free weight movements and take it easy - get that CNS connection and joint build up. Stay away from Creatine for now - you want to allow these other things to develop before you start trying to go all out.

For sups you need water, good whole foods, a Timed-Release Multi Vitamin, Vitamin C, Whey Protein, and Glutamine in that order.

Time to get some books for reference too... since the subject is soooo complex.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Sorry but i totally disagree with you Sicilian, your advice is for a novice body builder. Mr. Stickly is completely new to this sport.
    Stay off the supplements for now
    Work out body parts 2-3 times a week
    Intensity should be light, working weight in the 12-15 rep range
    CONCENTRATE ON PROPER FORM, if you don't know it ask someone.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    FORM is the most important thing to learn in the weightroom. Start with just the bar on bench press if you have too, and start with 5lbs dumbbells for curls...you get the point. Stress good form now so that you don't hurt yourself later and for better muscle hypertrophy.

Thread Information